Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Skilled migrant visa application and future employer waiting concerns

Skilled migrant visa application and future employer waiting concerns

Old Jul 1st 2017, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled migrant visa application and future employer waiting concerns

Hi there

I'm just looking for some advice. I'm a nurse currently still in uk but looking to relocate to new Zealand. I potentially may have a job offer soon then can lodge application for my skilled migrant visa. However I am concerned that my employer may not be able to wait for the length of time it will take for my visa to be granted as I know it can take up to 9 months possibly even more. I am wondering if your employer can pull out during the process or are they under any obligation to wait for you? Also should your future employer pull out then what happens with the skilled migrant visa application if the job offer it was lodged on is no longer?
Hope someone can advise. I'm just very concerned about the length of waiting time and losing the job.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 9:44 pm
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled migrant visa application and future employer waiting concerns

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi there

I'm just looking for some advice. I'm a nurse currently still in uk but looking to relocate to new Zealand. I potentially may have a job offer soon then can lodge application for my skilled migrant visa. However I am concerned that my employer may not be able to wait for the length of time it will take for my visa to be granted as I know it can take up to 9 months possibly even more. I am wondering if your employer can pull out during the process or are they under any obligation to wait for you? Also should your future employer pull out then what happens with the skilled migrant visa application if the job offer it was lodged on is no longer?
Hope someone can advise. I'm just very concerned about the length of waiting time and losing the job.
For me it took 4 months from deciding to lodge a SMV to arriving in NZ with visa in hand with family in tow.That was in 2016
Old Jul 1st 2017, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Skilled migrant visa application and future employer waiting concerns

Originally Posted by Munchkjn
For me it took 4 months from deciding to lodge a SMV to arriving in NZ with visa in hand with family in tow.That was in 2016
blimey that's quicker than I would have thought. catlady don't panic yourself people that recruit nurses are used to the migration process i'm sure, the DHB where i've been offered a job have said its a tentative start date and as long as I keep them updated all is good
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 1:28 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled migrant visa application and future employer waiting concerns

Munch writes 4 months from visa application, not all the stuff you have to do before hand. registration and IELTS