Silver Fern Visa 2013

Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by yuhha
Thank you for your explicit reply.
As you mentioned that I need a proof from the principal, could I do this after I have got the quota of the visa?

And are you sure that my qualification need NZQA assessment, because I found a page in the immigration.gv.nz shows the New Zealand qualifications framework, please see this URL :
http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...ifications.htm

Thanks
Hi,
Yes I think so.
I believe a successful Silver Fern Visa applicant has 3 months to send Immigration all their supporting documents after they have been provisionally granted one of the visa's.

The link you sent just shows the points you would receive for the Postgraduate Diploma if you were applying for a Residency visa under the skilled migrant category and the qualification had been assessed by NZQA. Since your qualification does not appear on the exemption list it must be assessed by NZQA.

Regards,
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tezmoore84
Hello, All new to this but looking for some information... On the 29th when the application opens is that for the 300 SFJS visa available... As when I tried to apply it just said there are no placement available on the quota?!! Do I just need to wait until the 29th....
My husband has a potential job offer job has been told he needs to be in NZ for a chance at interview?
We can not apply for a working holiday as we have children... Any information appreciated thanks
Hi,
The message you are seeing refers to the previous years Silver Fern Visas - "No placement available on this quota". This is because they were all taken last year (within 8 minutes).
The portal will be refreshed by Immigration on the 27th April as it is every year - approx 48hrs before the online system opens for actual Silver Fern Visa 2013 applications.

Also, you could come out as a family as visitors (6 months max) and you're hubby could attend for an interview whilst you are here and if he's successful you could apply for a work visa whilst in NZ so you don't have to go back.
Bit of a gamble but a possibility.
Nothing strictly wrong with attending an interview as a visitor. You are allowed to undertake "business consultations" whatever that means !

Good luck.

Last edited by escapedtonz; Apr 25th 2013 at 11:35 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:02 am
Just Joined

yuhha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Hi,
Yes I think so.
I believe a successful Silver Fern Visa applicant has 3 months to send Immigration all their supporting documents after they have been provisionally granted one of the visa's.

The link you sent just shows the points you would receive for the Postgraduate Diploma if you were applying for a Residency visa under the skilled migrant category and the qualification had been assessed by NZQA. Since your qualification does not appear on the exemption list it must be assessed by NZQA.

Regards,
Ok, got it.
I have to turn to the NZQA for a international qualification assessment.

I'm afraid that principle of my university will or will not sign a proof for me, because now I am in China and I do not known the principle. What if he does not response? I just could contact the university with email....

I have my master course unconditional formal offer letter which indicates "Mr Wang has been offered a place as a fulltime student on our MA media economics programme in the school of economics at the university of east anglia, Nowrich, England. And Mr Wang has fulfilled all the conditions of this offer and now holds an unconditional place within the the school of economics."

Will this evidence be helpful to proof that the course was taught entirely in English?

Cheers
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by besottied
Thanks lots for this, Maryam. I'm looking to apply for the Silver Fern this year and NZQA is my final hurdle. My qualification is recognised, but not my university, so I'd have to go through NZQA. I was thinking I would apply for the visa first then worry about everything else afterwards (as you suggest) but wasn't sure if this would be OK. If that's what you did, that's what I'll do, too =)

(If all else fails I'll come out on a working holiday visa and shovel horse poo for 6 months!)

Hope you're having a great time in NZ

Emily.
Yes I have done my NZQA afterwards, but i read alot about NZQA before applying and I knew on which level my qualification stands, and I advice you the same to go through how to apply for IQA what documents u require and which level you can hit.
Best of luck ..
NZ is like a dream come true
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yuhha
Ok, got it.
I have to turn to the NZQA for a international qualification assessment.

I'm afraid that principle of my university will or will not sign a proof for me, because now I am in China and I do not known the principle. What if he does not response? I just could contact the university with email....

I have my master course unconditional formal offer letter which indicates "Mr Wang has been offered a place as a fulltime student on our MA media economics programme in the school of economics at the university of east anglia, Nowrich, England. And Mr Wang has fulfilled all the conditions of this offer and now holds an unconditional place within the the school of economics."

Will this evidence be helpful to proof that the course was taught entirely in English?

Cheers
Assuming you attended the study course and gained the qualification the University should provide the necessary proof irrespective that you aren't known to the Principal personally or that you are in China.
If you cannot get the proof then your only course of action is to take and pass IELTS.
A letter showing you were offered a place on the course at the university will not be sufficient.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Ravionweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which option i have to choose for silver fern visa

HI,

Iam bit confused to choose an option. I have completed diploma course (level 6) in NZ, even i have degree but don't want to go for NZQA.

which option i need to choose for silver fern visa (Qualifications section)?

How do you meet the qualification requirements for the Silver Fern Job Search visa?
Option 1 or 2
option 1 i have to go for NZQA, which i don't want.
option 2 its level4 with 2 years of relevant EXP, but i have level6 in diploma.

Need some to clarify.

thanks,
Ravi
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone

The INZ website is not available right now, and can you guys log in?
I asked several friends all over the China to help me to apply for the quota and registered many ID to do this. However, the new IDs registered today are not able to apply for a new applicant for silver fern...

If five people at different places log in the site with the same username, will it be wrong or forbidden?

Cheers and good luck
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:59 am
Just Joined

adeel is an unknown quantity at this point

HI adeel here. would like you ask why the web site got down as time coming close. it was fine yesterday evening. Now i'm getting the following error when i try to log in

Spoiler:

Sorry, the website is not available at the moment.

Try going to the homepage www.immigration.govt.nz
As us a question.
Contact us

please let me know on clicking the link my application i got this one

Spoiler:
The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:45 am
Just Joined

MsSavoie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also trying to access the Silver Fern Application. When I clicked on the selection on the 'online options' page it opens a window that says:

"Welcome to the online application system for the Silver Fern Job Search visa.
Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting new applications for the Silver Fern Job Search visa.
There is a limited quota of Silver Fern Job Search visas each year. The quota for this year has already been filled."

Am I not selecting the right avenue to access the application? Or are others seeing this too? It seems crazy that I can not even access the application given that the scheme has not even opened for the year. Hoping I have not already missed out before even getting a chance....

Are other people actually able to access the application? If so, can you provide a link?

Thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:53 am
Just Joined

MsSavoie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koksviji
hi all

it is really making to worry a lot

am i failed even before entering into game

my application status is currently status like this.. i have not filled some of the information and clicked complete later yesterday.. today i could not access my application and fill my details...

Online Applications

You are working on the following applications:

Application Description Status Payment Status Date Selected

Silver Fern Silver Fern incomplete Pending

is anybody having any issue like this

Kindly assist

regards
Koksviji
Hi koksviji ,

You had earlier reported the same error as me that says:

Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting new applications for the Silver Fern Job Search visa.
There is a limited quota of Silver Fern Job Search visas each year. The quota for this year has already been filled."

Just wondering if you were able to access the application, and if so how
Thanks! And best luck!
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

coolnuwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everybody,
Have anybody got the following message while trying to open Silver Fern application?

"The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool"

I first filled my application and saved. After two days when I try to open it clicking on "my application" I got the above message? Any idea why this happens?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MsSavoie
I am also trying to access the Silver Fern Application. When I clicked on the selection on the 'online options' page it opens a window that says:

Am I not selecting the right avenue to access the application? Or are others seeing this too? It seems crazy that I can not even access the application given that the scheme has not even opened for the year. Hoping I have not already missed out before even getting a chance....

Are other people actually able to access the application? If so, can you provide a link?

Thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi mate

I am afraid you have to do this tomorrow morning, what you encountered shows you had not fill any information on the website and you might input lots of details when the quota open tomorrow which cost much time...

Good luck and keep trying to open the application system all the time
Old Apr 28th 2013, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coolnuwan
Hi Everybody,
Have anybody got the following message while trying to open Silver Fern application?

"The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool"

I first filled my application and saved. After two days when I try to open it clicking on "my application" I got the above message? Any idea why this happens?
Yes, I got the same situation and what we can do is keep trying to log in...
But it showed this

Sorry, the website is not available at the moment.
Try going to the homepage www.immigration.govt.nz
As us a question.
Contact us
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Tezmoore84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure this info is online but always best to hear it from someone on here... If you're successful can your spouse and dependants travel with on the silver fern?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Tezmoore84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sat here in tears.... I can not edit my application... Please can anyone help me....
Just states incomplete...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.