Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 7th 2012, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011 & also now for 2012

Originally Posted by vivekananth
[email protected]

Visit this link for phone number and other contact details. Good luck!
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ontactDetails/
Nothing from INZ till now.

Although we are trying to make it more clearly, guys of INZ may consider it as fairly normal things without any further solutions or regrets
Old May 7th 2012, 1:35 am
Just Joined

hlsales is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey to oxide007 and tommy honey,

I have been following the posts since yesterday, the same thing has happened to me with regard to being accepted and then sent a rejection letter 7 or 8 hours later.

I am British but in sydney at the moment, I went to NZ immigration this morning, they were very nice but not that helpful. They didn't know anything about the silver fern and have referred me to wellington.

I am not really sure how to tackle this apart from contacting the immigration. I imagine they are going to try and fob everyone off but I think that they need to honour the visas. Any ideas? I have a flight to Auckland on 7th June so will be taking it up then if nothing has happened. Will be happy to get emails from everyone and put a pack together to deliver to immigration or a NZ newspaper. I think everyone needs to fight this as it is totally unacceptable.

Originally Posted by oxide007
Hi tommyhoney,

Well my transaction time was 10:09 am according to payment receipt print out. As soon the payment is successful within 10-15min i received the first email with below details and how to proceed with documentations and all.

e.g
client number 123456
application number 333888

But 4 hours ago received an automated email indicating an error with my visa application and in this automated email it has client number and application number which

e.g.
client number 777220
application number 333888.

Basically the client number is wrong but the application number seems telly. Im very worried about this..... thinking about my kiwi dreams.

tommyhoney, is the same applies to you? Wrong client number but correct application number?

Anyone else having this issue beside tommyhoney and myself?

Cheers,
Old May 7th 2012, 2:30 am
Just Joined

iGrinch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hlsales
Hey to oxide007 and tommy honey,

I have been following the posts since yesterday, the same thing has happened to me with regard to being accepted and then sent a rejection letter 7 or 8 hours later.

I am British but in sydney at the moment, I went to NZ immigration this morning, they were very nice but not that helpful. They didn't know anything about the silver fern and have referred me to wellington.

I am not really sure how to tackle this apart from contacting the immigration. I imagine they are going to try and fob everyone off but I think that they need to honour the visas. Any ideas? I have a flight to Auckland on 7th June so will be taking it up then if nothing has happened. Will be happy to get emails from everyone and put a pack together to deliver to immigration or a NZ newspaper. I think everyone needs to fight this as it is totally unacceptable.
I agree. My client number is also different in those two emails. In email of "happiness" it's 49992819, in email of "sadness" it's 40233517.
Transaction time is 10:07
Old May 7th 2012, 4:02 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

has anyone heard from them yet?
Old May 7th 2012, 4:10 am
Just Joined

karwaljimz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody,

I am already on silver fern visa and currently in NZ but I have applied for my friend and cousin this year on 4th may. I was very happy at 10:10 AM that they both got applications submitted.

But later on they also received two emails.first one is success and second is of failure.Both emails are having different client number.

Her application was submitted at 10:09 AM(NZ). Also online application number that received after successful payment is different from the application number showing in her account of immigration website.

Any luck for further clarification?whats wrong ?Is this means rejected??

Best of luck for all. Hope this is their website error and all who have got successful mail, will get visa.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:11 am
Just Joined

karwaljimz is an unknown quantity at this point

My cousin sent them mail about getting two mails and just 1 min ago she received this mail:

Dear Applicant,

Good Morning!

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the concerned in Immigration New Zealand for further assistance. Kindly wait for the response.

Thanking You,

So waiting............
Old May 7th 2012, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Tanu_allu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: silver fern visa accepted and then rejected - 2012

same is the case with me....this is very disappointing to get application approved and then receive email stating that this was technical error.
I was nver expecting such big disaster from immi department.
can anyone take a lead and see if how many of us faced thr same situation.
Also,let me know what you all are doing??
Any help would be highly appreciated and i am really sad seeing that i was eligible and was waiting for this date desparately.
thanks.

Originally Posted by ajd
hi
i was successful in lodging my silver fern visa application on the 4th of may 2012. Thereafter I proceed to the payment section and finally got a confirmation at 10:10 am (nz timing) indicating that the payment has been received and my application has been lodged, I also received an email stating the documents required and the final date for application lodgment and name of the branch mentioned. Hours later at around 5pm nz time, I received another email stating that my application has been declined due to a system error and that I should consider applying next year and that the fee would be refunded to me…
should I not get a fair chance as it was a system fault and not mine? I have successfully completed an IQA with level 9, IELTS 8 academic and also have an occupational registration.
Any help rendered would be more than appreciated…
Old May 7th 2012, 4:32 am
Just Joined

I have spoken to Immigration in Wellington and they are going to let more than the 300 through but they did not tell me what the cap was. I think that may mean that your cousin has managed to get in. That is really good news.

I didn't, but the woman was very kind and suggested that the more people that call and complain the more likely they are to re-think the situation. So I have sent two complaint emails to different people and will be ringing again tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by karwaljimz
My cousin sent them mail about getting two mails and just 1 min ago she received this mail:

Dear Applicant,

Good Morning!

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the concerned in Immigration New Zealand for further assistance. Kindly wait for the response.

Thanking You,

So waiting............
Old May 7th 2012, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

The website is updated today with the following statement:
"Due to a technical error with this year’s scheme, some people were able to pay for a Silver Fern Job Search visa even though all the places had already been taken. People whose payments were processed after the scheme had filled are not eligible to be granted a visa. They have been contacted by email and will receive a full refund. Additionally, some people reached the payment stage of the online application process but were prevented from making their payment because the scheme was full. We apologise for any confusion these issues have caused. The scheme will open again on 27 April 2013. "

This time they included the case for those whose payment went successfully.....But up till now, I have not seen my application page status changed....Still application received and payment received with visa decision=Pending
Old May 7th 2012, 4:38 am
Mrs

karwalbubble is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am in NZ and my cousin and Friend has applied this year. They both got successful mail but later on got error mail that there application is submitted due to some error and they will refund payment. But bot mails have different client id and application number. I hope this is the website error. My cousin sent mail to immigration and got reply that they forwarded her request to concerned person and need to wait.. so fingers crossed..
Old May 7th 2012, 4:41 am
Just Joined

They said that is normal as my application is the same. They are working through the applications, closing them and refunding the money. It is very unfair. I think that they should honour everybody that got through successfully and paid but at this time they won't do it. All we can do is keep on at that and maybe they will do something to compensate.

Originally Posted by yoyoma
"Due to a technical error with this year’s scheme, some people were able to pay for a Silver Fern Job Search visa even though all the places had already been taken. People whose payments were processed after the scheme had filled are not eligible to be granted a visa. They have been contacted by email and will receive a full refund. Additionally, some people reached the payment stage of the online application process but were prevented from making their payment because the scheme was full. We apologise for any confusion these issues have caused. The scheme will open again on 27 April 2013. "

This time they included the case for those whose payment went successfully.....But up till now, I have not seen my application page status changed....Still application received and payment received with visa decision=Pending
Old May 7th 2012, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Tanu_allu is an unknown quantity at this point

this is pleasant surprise...finger crossed!!
yes mine is also different client id and application id.
thanks ton for your reply.
you gave me a piece of mind!!
cheers

Originally Posted by karwalbubble
Hi all,

I am in NZ and my cousin and Friend has applied this year. They both got successful mail but later on got error mail that there application is submitted due to some error and they will refund payment. But bot mails have different client id and application number. I hope this is the website error. My cousin sent mail to immigration and got reply that they forwarded her request to concerned person and need to wait.. so fingers crossed..
Old May 7th 2012, 4:42 am
Mrs

karwalbubble is an unknown quantity at this point

same here...for my frnd and cousin's case.. still showing status of payment received and desicion pending...
Originally Posted by yoyoma

Old May 7th 2012, 4:51 am
Just Joined

maydayshay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karwaljimz
Hi everybody,

I am already on silver fern visa and currently in NZ but I have applied for my friend and cousin this year on 4th may. I was very happy at 10:10 AM that they both got applications submitted.

But later on they also received two emails.first one is success and second is of failure.Both emails are having different client number.

Her application was submitted at 10:09 AM(NZ). Also online application number that received after successful payment is different from the application number showing in her account of immigration website.

Any luck for further clarification?whats wrong ?Is this means rejected??

Best of luck for all. Hope this is their website error and all who have got successful mail, will get visa.
Hi karwaljimz
As you live in NZ I think you can go to the Immigration Office and check if they accept they fault or not.
Old May 7th 2012, 5:01 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

has anyone's application status changed - mine still shows application received....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.