Silver Fern Visa 2011 only.

Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

bavbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011

Originally Posted by Altor
Ahh ok, thanks for that. So we just send in our documents right? Do you have any idea whether there are any other forms we need to fill out? Or any other payments we have to make while actually sending the documents in?
I doubt there's anything else we need to pay for or any other forms to fill in apart from the ones mentioned in the automated email (xray, medical, etc). But remember to print out and include the email with your documents.

How is your application going? Waiting for stuff? And are you going to send it via courier or what?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Altor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bavbat
I doubt there's anything else we need to pay for or any other forms to fill in apart from the ones mentioned in the automated email (xray, medical, etc). But remember to print out and include the email with your documents.

How is your application going? Waiting for stuff? And are you going to send it via courier or what?
I'm pretty much done. I just need my account statement and I'm ready to send everything off.

The email I got said there is a collection agent in my city, I give everything to them and they send it to the INZ guys. What about you?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:05 am
Just Joined

I'm pretty much done. I just need my account statement and I'm ready to send everything off.

The email I got said there is a collection agent in my city, I give everything to them and they send it to the INZ guys. What about you?
I sent my documents on Friday but my degree was certified by the police here (I later read that INZ doesn't allow that) so I'm going to get it certified by a lawyer and then send it again. Who certified copies of your documents?

I send my stuff via DHL... no agents or anything. A long way from South Africa to the London office
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Altor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to all

Where did you read that the police can't certify documents? I believe the list of who can certifies differs for each country - ranging from the police, to doctor's to solicitors, etc.

I got mine certified by the Director of a national research and educational institution. I'm seriously hoping this wasn't a problem now!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Where did you read that the police can't certify documents? I believe the list of who can certifies differs for each country - ranging from the police, to doctor's to solicitors, etc.

I got mine certified by the Director of a national research and educational institution. I'm seriously hoping this wasn't a problem now!
The suggestions on who can certify documents are here

What i saw about South African police was here (not sure how I was supposed to know that when applying)
If you're from a first world country then your police force is probably trusted...

Last edited by bavbat; Jun 20th 2011 at 2:24 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

The suggestions on who can certify documents are here

What i saw about South African police was here (not sure how I was supposed to know that when applying)
If you're from a first world country then your police force is probably trusted...
Yeah I'm not sure how they expected you to see that. I'm not from a first world country... very third world lol. But I'm assuming this should be fine.

I also grew up in NZ and was a returning resident until 1998 so I'm hoping that has some sort of a bearing on my application.

I have to travel to the UK in the first week of August. I'm just really hoping I get my passport back by then. Do you think it's unreasonable to ask them to expedite the process so I can get my passport back in time to travel?

I'm still just waiting on my bank account statement. Grrr..
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:17 am
Just Joined

Yeah I'm not sure how they expected you to see that. I'm not from a first world country... very third world lol. But I'm assuming this should be fine.

I also grew up in NZ and was a returning resident until 1998 so I'm hoping that has some sort of a bearing on my application.

I have to travel to the UK in the first week of August. I'm just really hoping I get my passport back by then. Do you think it's unreasonable to ask them to expedite the process so I can get my passport back in time to travel?

I'm still just waiting on my bank account statement. Grrr..
Hmmm.... I think the only way you could speed things up is if you supply all the evidence they want first time round, and if there are no problems. Apart from that, I don't know... bribe them? Threaten them? I guess you could make a note asking them to return your passport if the visa isn't issued by date x.
Bank statement... I just went to the bank and asked them to print out the last statement for all my accounts.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm.... I think the only way you could speed things up is if you supply all the evidence they want first time round, and if there are no problems. Apart from that, I don't know... bribe them? Threaten them? I guess you could make a note asking them to return your passport if the visa isn't issued by date x.
Bank statement... I just went to the bank and asked them to print out the last statement for all my accounts.
Haha yeah... bribing would probably work in my country. Not so sure about the kiwis lol. I'm just going it print out my bank statement from my online account. And yeah, I'll include a note saying I'm planning to travel so would like my passport back even if a decision hasn't been reached by then. Hopefully it should all go fine.

If all goes well, when do you plan to get to NZ? And which part?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you make it clear that you need your passport to travel , they will expedite if possible. NZIS are as accommodating as they can be given recent events. However,. no passport . No place to stick visas.

I would prefer not to see words like 'bribe' or 'threaten' within this NZ Immy forum please guys. I realise it is a sort of joke for you , on your part, but I don't want this type of joshing here. End Of.

Thanks
BEVS.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
If you make it clear that you need your passport to travel , they will expedite if possible. NZIS are as accommodating as they can be given recent events. However,. no passport . No place to stick visas.

I would prefer not to see words like 'bribe' or 'threaten' within this NZ Immy forum please guys. I realise it is a sort of joke for you , on your part, but I don't want this type of joshing here. End Of.

Thanks
BEVS.
BEVS: Sorry about that... will avoid those kinds of jokes.

Altor:
For your bank statements, they'll probably want something printed on the bank's paper and/or a stamp - just what I think.

In terms of choosing a city, I think it's a toss up between Auckland and Wellington. I work in IT and apparently Wellington has a good amount of jobs for that... but then again Auckland has more happening and has better weather (warmer, less wind), though I've never set foot in New Zealand :-P. I'm leaning towards Auckland... though when applying to stay on, I think I'll get more points if I'm in any other city than Auckland - I'll start deciding properly once my visa is approved.
Not sure when either. I doubt mid November -> January are good times to start finding a job. I'm thinking of arriving as late as possible... so mid January maybe.

How about you? Where you from btw?
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Apologies BEVS, it was light-hearted and not meant to make anyone take offense.

bavbat - You may be right about the bank statement, thanks for that, will look into it.

Am gonna send you a pm... guess we can continue this there.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thank you both for your understanding. It's just about the use of language that others may see and misinterpret when looking in. Thats all.
As I wrote, I totally see your joke between yourselves but others may not. They could home in on those particular use of words and before you know it we are away with the fairies.

I find your thread about the Silver Fern Visa very interesting ,as it happens, so please don't stop on my account as I would also like to be able to read about the successes with this policy.

...and Altor...
I'd also like to read that your passport was returned to you promptly. It helps others to know the positives.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BEVS. So for anyone following this thread, I've sent all my documents today. I included a cover letter saying I needed to travel in the first week of Aug and would like if my passport can be returned before then. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Update:
Documents Received on 20th June at Dubai branch.

Today i received and email and have been asked to provide details of my current and previous employers.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Update:
Documents Received on 20th June at Dubai branch.

Today i received and email and have been asked to provide details of my current and previous employers.
Interesting... why did they want that information?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.