Silver Fern Visa 2011 only.

Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:14 pm
aro
Just Joined

aro is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011

Hi All,
here's my story. I was trying to submit an application for more than an hour, starting shortly before 10.00 am NZ time (it was midnight here in Poland) and finished about 11.00 am. I wasn't even able to get to the payment website.

BUT THE BEST COMES HERE: I decided to switch from Firefox to IE as some poor websites work fine only with IE, so I wanted to check if that could help. When I launched IE and went to INZ website i saw SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME ON THE TOP!! Just as that person was logged in with my IE . The last name was 'Perez' and first letter of given name was 'S', as far as I remember. It seems INZ server had gone crazy yesterday . I lost 3 hours of my sleeping time yesterday .
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:38 pm
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011

Originally Posted by divinemohit
This is incredible. I kept on trying from the word go for 2 hours non-stop from France.
I assume they dont want French people in their country

It was midnight time in France. Geez

I did got payment screen at 10.20 but gain nothing hapened.
I am an IT guy and everything was fine from computer to internet connection.
Their server was crappy and the whole system was big shit.

What to do ?? My dreams got shattered and my plans got spoiled...
Is NZ immig listening ???
Originally Posted by aro
Hi All,
here's my story. I was trying to submit an application for more than an hour, starting shortly before 10.00 am NZ time (it was midnight here in Poland) and finished about 11.00 am. I wasn't even able to get to the payment website.

BUT THE BEST COMES HERE: I decided to switch from Firefox to IE as some poor websites work fine only with IE, so I wanted to check if that could help. When I launched IE and went to INZ website i saw SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME ON THE TOP!! Just as that person was logged in with my IE . The last name was 'Perez' and first letter of given name was 'S', as far as I remember. It seems INZ server had gone crazy yesterday . I lost 3 hours of my sleeping time yesterday .
Exact same thing happened with me as well.

Kept refreshing the page since 10 am local time but it said "No quota available" all the time.

And a lot number of times, it did show "Diane Kucor" or "William blah blah" a hell lotta times at the top when I refreshed it.

Gosh, my friend who started at the exact same time could nail it in one go at 10:02 am. Lucky guy!!

P.S: Yep, me disappointed to say the least

armandra!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

divinemohit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Silver Fern Visa 2011

Holy Christ!
I thought I was the only unlucky out there!

Armandra are you also based in Europe ??

Aro and Armandra I feel this is unjust behavior for sincere ones like us.
What do you think ?
We should teach NZ immig a lesson or give some feedback ??

Are you ready to share and send information .. They might consider our appeal ???

Keep me posted
Old Apr 27th 2011, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Altor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to all

Hey all,

I was pretty worried until I saw this thread. I refreshed the page a million times and saw no new places. Finally at around 10.30 AM NZ time I managed to make the payment... when I went to log out I saw someone else's name at the top of my screen! That completely scared me too. Not sure now if my application has gone through or if I've ended up paying for someone else! Either way I have screenshots of all the payment pages!

Edit: I did call INZ and they've taken down my details and asked me to send an email with the screens. I'll keep you guys posted if I get a reply. As of now, no email and no status on my account.

Last edited by Altor; Apr 27th 2011 at 1:56 pm. Reason: More information
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

smgmissoula is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I'm from the US, but this is the only thread I can find online about the Silver Fern Visa. I applied yesterday and first tried in Fire Fox before switching to Explorer. I too had another individual's name appear in Explorer. I should have started in Explorer after reading the terms and conditions.

I didn't get the visa, which is disappointing. For those who did get visa, on your NZ immigration page, does it say something like "Completed and Submitted"? Mine says completed, but pending submission as I too kept getting the page with the message that the spots were full. I want to apply again next year. Does anyone who got it have any tips besides starting in Explorer? Thanks for you advice.

Sage
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Altor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to allAltor is a name known to all

Originally Posted by smgmissoula
Hello,

I'm from the US, but this is the only thread I can find online about the Silver Fern Visa. I applied yesterday and first tried in Fire Fox before switching to Explorer. I too had another individual's name appear in Explorer. I should have started in Explorer after reading the terms and conditions.

I didn't get the visa, which is disappointing. For those who did get visa, on your NZ immigration page, does it say something like "Completed and Submitted"? Mine says completed, but pending submission as I too kept getting the page with the message that the spots were full. I want to apply again next year. Does anyone who got it have any tips besides starting in Explorer? Thanks for you advice.

Sage
If you haven't got it yet, you still may be able to. I believe if someone from that quota of 300 does not submit sufficient evidence, then their visa is refused and their slot becomes available. I'd recommend checking the Silver Fern site over the next few months.

As for my application, I know it went through, but I don't see anything when I log into my account. It doesn't say submitted, or pending or anything. A couple of days ago it said "Pending" but now after paying, it's just disappeared.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

noufalshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

God... I am getting a little worried now. My payment went through but I missed to take the screenshot of the receipt page. Everyones getting a blank for the visa status... and mine is showing 'pending payment'.. Anyone else with the same problem??? ??
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice

Originally Posted by Altor
If you haven't got it yet, you still may be able to. I believe if someone from that quota of 300 does not submit sufficient evidence, then their visa is refused and their slot becomes available. I'd recommend checking the Silver Fern site over the next few months.

As for my application, I know it went through, but I don't see anything when I log into my account. It doesn't say submitted, or pending or anything. A couple of days ago it said "Pending" but now after paying, it's just disappeared.
mine went a little bit weird, i started the payment on 9:58 am NZ time and i was using Firefox 4 although they recommended IE7 i processed with the payment to not waste time and then i completed the payment then they said payment accepted the they showed me the receipt page , i saved this page and then pressed OK, another page showed up which says that i will receive an email from them to tell me what document to send. when i switched back to the main screen i found that my status disappeared when i clicked on Silver fern visa again i pressed "Apply" it shows like i am going to start another application then i closed this window. today when i was checking the website i found that my status is :
Online Applications
Description Status
Silver Fern Scheme Incomplete

WTF, did i missed up when clicked "Apply" and he created a new one. but what a bout the one that i completed and submitted earlier? do you think that they will only check the completed one and will throw away the in-completed one. i hope the best for everyone.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

snaily75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Thought I would share my experience with you all - in the hope it helps someone in some way!

I logged on at 10am exactly and couldn't get through to the payment screen until 10.26am, my payment was processed and I was shown a further screen that detailed 'successful payment' and a unique receipt number - at the bottom of the screen it says "ACCEPTED". Worryingly in the payer name section on the receipt it just says - Miss (hoping this doesn't have anything to do with the account issues people have detailed on here showing the wrong names?). I took a screen grab of this but since then, like many others I have not had the automated email and the application has disappeared online. I have emailed immigration and if I hear anything I will post the reply on here, I may also try to call this evening.

Also, fyi, I used internet explorer!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

bavbat is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had the same problem as many: after successfully paying for the application, you get a receipt with a receipt # etc. Then you're supposed to get an email (but don't) and you can't see any status regarding the Silver Fern Visa application.

I called Immigration NZ soon after I applied to find out why I was experiencing the above issues (had to wait 1h 30mins!) and was able to give my reference number/other details but I wasn't found on the system - apparently it takes 24 hours to come through on the immigration officer's side.

Oh yes, and I was using Firefox the whole time.

Originally Posted by snaily75
I logged on at 10am exactly and couldn't get through to the payment screen until 10.26am, my payment was processed and I was shown a further screen that detailed 'successful payment' and a unique receipt number - at the bottom of the screen it says "ACCEPTED". Worryingly in the payer name section on the receipt it just says - Miss (hoping this doesn't have anything to do with the account issues people have detailed on here showing the wrong names?)
Yeh, same here: once I finished paying I was taken to a payment success page where it said "MR" for my name!

Last edited by bavbat; Apr 27th 2011 at 3:23 pm. Reason: Adding more info
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice

Hi guys,

i think if we could share our Ref No that appear in the receipt as well as the Transaction Time we would have a clearer idea on how the system works and how many applicant applied for SFV.
mine is as follows:

Transaction Time Wednesday, 27 April 2011:10:00 a.m.
Ref No SFV:6345XX:1

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop, my process was exactly the same as you. I used Firefox too and my status now is the same as yours.

I really think that if the payment was successful then our applications have gone through. I think the system must have just gone bonkers with so many people trying to apply.

bavbat - when I called they couldn't find my application either. I used to be a permanent resident of NZ, and they could see that. But the immigration officer did say they had thousands apply so it may take a while to show up. He said he'd be in touch with me soon.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

smgmissoula is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I was planning on checking back to see if a spot will miraculously open up. Hopefully, INZ is reading this blog to recognize some of the challenges we have had and make changes for next year.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop, my process was exactly the same as you. I used Firefox too and my status now is the same as yours.

I really think that if the payment was successful then our applications have gone through. I think the system must have just gone bonkers with so many people trying to apply.

bavbat - when I called they couldn't find my application either. I used to be a permanent resident of NZ, and they could see that. But the immigration officer did say they had thousands apply so it may take a while to show up. He said he'd be in touch with me soon.
Altor, do you think they will consider our completed application and will now look at the in-completed one?
how long it could take them to annonce the winners?

thanks
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Altor, do you think they will consider our completed application and will now look at the in-completed one?
how long it could take them to annonce the winners?

thanks
Sorry, I don't think anyone except INZ can answer that. All we can do at the moment is wait and hope that they communicate with us soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.