Police Certificates for SMC

Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Certificates for SMC

Hi,

Im having some doubts regarding the documents I can use in my SMC application, and so far I've received mixed information from INZ

Im currently on a work visa, which I submited 1.5years back. In that application I submitted the police certificates from Qatar and Venezuela.

Now that I have been invited to apply, I have to resubmit them again.

For some reason (wishful thinking maybe), I was under the impression that if I have submitted these documents, they would still be valid for a following application up to 2 years. (I think I read that somewhere, however I cant find it now)

But it appears, that I need to produce brand new police certificates again, for this new application. (my country being a semi-failed-state, makes of this task a big pain in the bum)

Does anyone have a light or previous experience in a similar case, or remembers this magic clause im desperately looking for?

Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2017, 6:06 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Certificates for SMC

Looks like its a year:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates
Old Sep 26th 2017, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Certificates for SMC

Found this, thought it might be useful for someone else:

A5.10 Police certificates
  1. All police certificates must be less than six months old at the time an application is lodged, unless A5.10(d) applies or an appropriately delegated immigration officer, having regard to any instructions on the matter, has waived that requirement, in which case police certificates more than six months old may be accepted and used for determination purposes.
  2. If police certificates become a year old from date of issue before a decision on an application is made (see R2.25), immigration officers may request further police certificates as a basis for determining an application.
  3. An immigration officer may also request further police certificates within the 12-month period if there is good reason to do so.
  4. If police certificates were submitted with a previous application:
    1. they can be accepted for any further application for a temporary entry class visa (other than a student visa under U4.10) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates; or
    2. they can be accepted for further student visa applications as either:
      • a fee-paying foreign student (U4.10); or
      • a student enrolled in any Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in any New Zealand university (see U3.35.20)
      made within 36 months of the date of issue of the police certificates; or
    3. they can be accepted for any further temporary entry class visa application as a partner or dependant of a student enrolled any Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in any New Zealand university made within 36 months of the date of issue of the police certificates; or
    4. they can be accepted for a residence class visa application under the Partnership Category (F2) or the Dependent Child Category (F5) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates.
  5. The applicant is responsible for meeting all the costs of obtaining a police certificate.
  6. Instructions on how to obtain police certificates from specific countries can be obtained from the INZ website at www.immigration.govt.nz/policecertificate.
  7. If an applicant requires a police certificate from a country that:
    1. does not issue police certificates to individuals; and
    2. for which no instructions in respect of how to obtain a police certificate are available;
    3. an immigration officer may proceed to assess the application without a police certificate and obtain any necessary clearances before a decision is made.
  8. If a police certificate is not written in English, it must be accompanied by a translation (see A13.5).
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm