Pensions from back home.

Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Tribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really nice
Default Pensions from back home.

Hello everybody,I am new to this site and am excited about meeting up with you guys. This could be a tough question. I have been trying to find out if the pension recieved from home would be taxed in N/Z with this new tax law that came out early this year. It mentions superannuation on the site printout, but im afraid i fail to understand the explanation. I am hoping to join my son in Christchurch nest year as a retiree and have my pension from home transferred to N/Z. I have got in touch with tax office and ird etc. in N/Z but they keep referring me to their site. I wonder if anyone out there could shed any light on this one. :curse:
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Tribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really niceTribesman is just really nice
Default Re: Pensions from back home.

Originally Posted by Tribesman
Hello everybody,I am new to this site and am excited about meeting up with you guys. This could be a tough question. I have been trying to find out if the pension recieved from home would be taxed in N/Z with this new tax law that came out early this year. It mentions superannuation on the site printout, but im afraid i fail to understand the explanation. I am hoping to join my son in Christchurch nest year as a retiree and have my pension from home transferred to N/Z. I have got in touch with tax office and ird etc. in N/Z but they keep referring me to their site. I wonder if anyone out there could shed any light on this one. :curse:
Solved: Social Security pension will be subject to tax, but four year exemption applies to foreign private pension/annuities. See link http://www.ird.govt.nz/technical-tax/tib/
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pensions from back home.

Here is a LINK to an older thread about Pensions

and alsoTHIS ONE which is very interesting