Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Passports and RRV's expiring soon...HELP!!

Passports and RRV's expiring soon...HELP!!

Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice
Default Passports and RRV's expiring soon...HELP!!

Hi, Our passports expire this month, but our RRV doesn't run out until June. Do we have to
A. get a new passport now and send off for a short term RRV to cover til June, then get yet another one from June
B. not renew passports til June and get a permanent RRV then
C. something a lot easier and less expensive than that????

Or have I read right that you don't actually get issued with an RRV anymore, so just need to renew passport "either" now or June and get the "permanent residents visa???? if this is the case, does it matter if I have no valid passport between now and June? we have no intentions of going abroad anyway? or do I have to always have a valid passport with the residents visa in? Thanks for any help and advice
confuseddotcom!!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passports and RRV's expiring soon...HELP!!

Similar situation for me.
My kids passports run out in March and April
We go to UK in may
Our RRV's have expired. We have been advised from immigration
Renew passports.
Send in new ones to immigration to get permanent residence stamps in new passport. $160 for whole family to get PR.

If you were to get current passports stamped with PR you would have to do it again when you get the new passports, so get passports first and do it once.

Hope that helps.