Partnership visa time frame.

Old Apr 20th 2016, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

james01708 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partnership visa time frame.

Great news! I received an email today stating that we have our partnership visa and we can pick up our passports next week. The whole process took about 3 and half months.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

ReturningKiwi14 is an unknown quantity at this point

So very pleased for you James - thanks for sharing your progress as its been incredibly helpful for us
Old Apr 24th 2016, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Kiwi14! Be aware that the secondary checks, which are meant to take 10 working days, took us 17 days because the office was very busy.
Originally Posted by ReturningKiwi14
So very pleased for you James - thanks for sharing your progress as its been incredibly helpful for us
Old May 12th 2016, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james01708
Thank you Kiwi14! Be aware that the secondary checks, which are meant to take 10 working days, took us 17 days because the office was very busy.
Hi all

Just to say we got the email this week saying we have the visa. So all systems go!

Actually, because we are special, we got two emails... Because the first email (on 10 May) said we had until 10 May to get the passport back for the visa! They then realised and emailed again amending the date to later for us to get the passport back to them.

We'd had to get the passport back for a trip...so will need to drop it back in to get the visa.

So our timelines:
Submit 3 Feb
Immigration Officer assigned 14 April
Visa confirmed 10 May

Happy days! Home to Wellington in November with luck... Just in time for a fabulous summer (we can dream)

Good luck all
Old May 12th 2016, 8:42 am
Just Joined

MinusZ3R0 is an unknown quantity at this point

So to hijack this thread to ask a quick question. My partner and I will be applying in July (as July last year is as far back as we have proof of living together). However we have a flight booked to New Zealand in October, judging the time frames in this thread we might just squeeze in, although if we had to get our passports back to get to NZ on our booked flights will they still go through and process the application?

As in we would essentially get her in on a visitors visa until they give us a decision on the partnership visa application.
Old May 12th 2016, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Hi all

Just to say we got the email this week saying we have the visa. So all systems go!

Actually, because we are special, we got two emails... Because the first email (on 10 May) said we had until 10 May to get the passport back for the visa! They then realised and emailed again amending the date to later for us to get the passport back to them.

We'd had to get the passport back for a trip...so will need to drop it back in to get the visa.

So our timelines:
Submit 3 Feb
Immigration Officer assigned 14 April
Visa confirmed 10 May

Happy days! Home to Wellington in November with luck... Just in time for a fabulous summer (we can dream)

Good luck all
Congratulations! There is nothing better than the stamp in the passport and the relief of not waiting.

When you get to Wellington have a beer for me!
Old May 12th 2016, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MinusZ3R0
So to hijack this thread to ask a quick question. My partner and I will be applying in July (as July last year is as far back as we have proof of living together). However we have a flight booked to New Zealand in October, judging the time frames in this thread we might just squeeze in, although if we had to get our passports back to get to NZ on our booked flights will they still go through and process the application?

As in we would essentially get her in on a visitors visa until they give us a decision on the partnership visa application.
You can still go on a visitors visa, but you will need a return flight out of the country.
Old May 12th 2016, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations! There is nothing better than the stamp in the passport and the relief of not waiting.

When you get to Wellington have a beer for me!
There's a chance it will be more than ONEbbeer James

Thanks for your posts - was good to have an idea what was going on timing wise as the Govt web site seemed a bit unreliable
Old May 12th 2016, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Minus

That might be a bit 'squeaky bum' timing wise for you... But you never know

Me and the Pom have been together 14 years so had loads of evidence, shared bank statements, NZ property too etc etc and were a no brainer case...and it still took us that long!

Good luck
Old May 12th 2016, 10:23 am
Just Joined

You can still go on a visitors visa, but you will need a return flight out of the country.
Yeah cheers James we have that sorted out as it is the "backup plan" so to speak.

Hi Minus

That might be a bit 'squeaky bum' timing wise for you... But you never know

Me and the Pom have been together 14 years so had loads of evidence, shared bank statements, NZ property too etc etc and were a no brainer case...and it still took us that long!

Good luck
Thanks Kiwi14. I get why they have requirements for the application but it just feels like, if they came to spend a day with us they would see how real it is haha, when you know you know, you know?

I'm just hoping it can work like this:
-Submit Partnership Visa application
-Fly to NZ in October (Partner on 6 month visitors visa)
-Get Partnership visa approved whilst we are out there so we don't have to come back.

I've always wanted to go back and she has dreamed of living there her whole life so we are really wanting this to happen
Old May 12th 2016, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah cheers James we have that sorted out as it is the "backup plan" so to speak.

Thanks Kiwi14. I get why they have requirements for the application but it just feels like, if they came to spend a day with us they would see how real it is haha, when you know you know, you know?

I'm just hoping it can work like this:
-Submit Partnership Visa application
-Fly to NZ in October (Partner on 6 month visitors visa)
-Get Partnership visa approved whilst we are out there so we don't have to come back.

I've always wanted to go back and she has dreamed of living there her whole life so we are really wanting this to happen
They want us back, so get loads of photos and letters from friends confirming its real etc etc

Good luck - where you going to live, any ideas?
Old May 12th 2016, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

They want us back, so get loads of photos and letters from friends confirming its real etc etc

Good luck - where you going to live, any ideas?
I'm a citizen by decent and only lived there in Dargaville between 8-10 years old lol. Hopefully they still want me haha!

Yeah we are going to live in Auckland. Most of my family is either there or not too far away so to start with we wanna stick close to them. Then it will be a see where life takes us kind of thing

I have been in contact with my uncle who is there atm and he has been telling me that if I want work I will easily find it, and that the rent isn't too bad but if I wanted to buy it's pretty expensive.

To be honest we just want a better quality of life than you get in London.

Whereabouts will you be?
Old May 12th 2016, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

I'm a citizen by decent and only lived there in Dargaville between 8-10 years old lol. Hopefully they still want me haha!

Yeah we are going to live in Auckland. Most of my family is either there or not too far away so to start with we wanna stick close to them. Then it will be a see where life takes us kind of thing

I have been in contact with my uncle who is there atm and he has been telling me that if I want work I will easily find it, and that the rent isn't too bad but if I wanted to buy it's pretty expensive.

To be honest we just want a better quality of life than you get in London.

Whereabouts will you be?
We will be in Wellington...sea views aplenty and not at Auckland prices, fresh air, great cafe scene and amazing restaurants ...

We moving for quality of life too

Good luck
Old May 15th 2016, 10:14 am
Just Joined

We will be in Wellington...sea views aplenty and not at Auckland prices, fresh air, great cafe scene and amazing restaurants ...

We moving for quality of life too

Good luck
I am moving to Northland, it is very rural but the beaches are amazing!
Old May 15th 2016, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

I am moving to Northland, it is very rural but the beaches are amazing!
Yes it's lovely up there... Great choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.