Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Need Advice for New Zealand Skilled Migration

Need Advice for New Zealand Skilled Migration

Old Mar 8th 2018, 3:37 am
Just Joined

syed1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Advice for New Zealand Skilled Migration

Hi to All,

I am syed from India and working as Senior Database Administrator and My education details are Master Of Computer Application and Bachelor Of Computer Science. I am looking for NZ Skilled Migration.

I like to know my master degree fall in which level of NZ equivalent qualification

Is it Level 8 or Level 9?

And my other question is my experience is part of Absolute skills shortage. So can i claim point of Absolute skills shortage which is 15 point and also Can i claim my master degree too?

thank you in advance.

Can someone clarify please?

by
S.Syed
Old Mar 8th 2018, 6:25 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice for New Zealand Skilled Migration

If you follow the points indicator on the NZ Immigration website it will lead you to a list of countries with recognised institutions, your degree needs to be on that list from a recognised institution to claim the points, if not you will need to get it assessed.

Your experience is also not from a comparable labour market so I don't think that can be claimed.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

"Your experience is also not from a comparable labour market so I don't think that can be claimed."

I have 14 years experience in IT in that 10+ years Oracle Database Administrator.

I like to know how you are saying "experience is also not from a comparable labour market?

Please provide your feedback so that, it will greatly help me
Old Mar 8th 2018, 6:52 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Go here:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ator-smc-28aug

Follow the Work Experience and then Skilled Work Experience links and you get this definition:

"Comparable labour market

A group of countries that INZ considers have a similar labour market, which is made up of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Malta, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Work experience in a country not listed above will only be assessed as being in a comparable labour market if it was for a multinational entity domiciled in one of the countries listed above."

India is not on that list therefore not a comparable labour market per New Zealand Immigration's definition, so you won't be able to claim points for work experience gained there.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

I understand your point

But my last 10 years experience in Oman and Saudi Arabia and not in India. All the companies are corporate the company and in that, 2 companies are multinational companies.

In this case, any possibility to claim?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 7:20 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by syed1979
I understand your point

But my last 10 years experience in Oman and Saudi Arabia and not in India. All the companies are corporate the company and in that, 2 companies are multinational companies.

In this case, any possibility to claim?
Oman - no
Saudi Arabia - no
Where were the multinational companies domiciled, ie where was head office?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Company i worked in Oman is MNC company, it has Major offices in US,UK,Oman,UAE,Singabore

And another company is bank which France and Saudi

3rd company is Only in Saudi Arabia and it 2nd biggest company in Saudi

Out of 14 years experience, 10 years all these countries and remaining were in india which was before 10 years

Can you advice?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 7:29 pm
It is what it is Member

Company i worked in Oman is MNC company, it has Major offices in US,UK,Oman,UAE,Singabore

And another company is bank which France and Saudi

3rd company is Only in Saudi Arabia and it 2nd biggest company in Saudi

Out of 14 years experience, 10 years all these countries and remaining were in india which was before 10 years

Can you advice?
Why? You can research whether "MNC company" is based (not major offices but based), in a country in the list better than I can as you know the specific company involved.

The other two are clearly either "no" and I can't make out the incomplete sentence "And another company is bank which France and Saudi"????

So best chance is you <might> be able to claim the experience time for MNC company IF it is based in a country in the list.
Old Mar 10th 2018, 4:01 am
Just Joined

thank you and i think, if have a job offer then only i can boost the points
Old Mar 10th 2018, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is kind of confusing to me so hopefully the below may clear up any issues with Absolute Skill Shortage bonus points........

Yes, in terms of Absolute Skills Shortage and in particular an occupation that is listed on the current Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) a person may be able to claim the 15 bonus points, but to do so there's a couple of eligibility points you must meet.
The current LTSSL can be viewed via this link http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf
Yes, the work experience should be from a Comparable Labour Market. The definition of a Comparable Labour Market can be found here and by clicking on the text link in the paragraph https://www.immigration.govt.nz/form...ork-experience

Work experience is considered as from a Comparable Labour Market if :-
(1) The work experience was gained from or through a company registered in a country on the Comparable Labour Market list, OR
(2) The work experience company is part of a bigger multinational company and that bigger multinational company is registered in a country on the Comparable Labour Market List, OR........and this is the most important point
(3) The work experience is in an occupation on the Long Term Skill Shortage List AND you meet the requirements of column three of the list.

So, in conclusion, so long as you meet the exact requirements of Column 3 in the LTSSL for your chosen occupation, the matter of Comparable Labour Market doesn't even come in to play. If you meet column 3 requirements you are considered to have gained work experience in a comparable labour market, regardless whether the company registered country or multinational company registered country is on the Comparable Labour Market List or not.

Clear as mud aye!
Old Mar 10th 2018, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

thank you for your reply

Here i will brief of me

Education Details
1) Master Of Computer Application - 3 Years Course from India
2) Bachelor Of Computer Science - 3 Years Course from India

i believe, my Master degree fall in Level 9, Am i right? Can i claim 70 Points

Regarding My experience

EXPERIENCE: -
1) Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Leading Bank in Saudi Arabia
Company is entity of Saudi and France
Experience : 7+ Years to till date
Job Location is Saudi Arabia

2) Software Engineer
Company is Multi National Company and the company registered in US,UK,Singapore,India,Oman,Malaysia
Experience : 2.5 Years
Job Location is in Oman

3) Database Administrator
Company is register in Saudi Arabia
Job Location is in Oman

4) Software Engineer
Company is register in India
Job Location is in Mumbai,India

Based on and my job profession clearly fall in LTSSL so that, Can i claim 15 points(Absolute skills shortage) plus 50 points(Work experience)?

Please clarify, it will greatly helpful for me to claim the points and thank you in advance

by
S.Syed

Last edited by syed1979; Mar 10th 2018 at 6:38 pm. Reason: Add more info
Old Mar 10th 2018, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for your reply

Here i will brief of me

Education Details
1) Master Of Computer Application - 3 Years Course from India
2) Bachelor Of Computer Science - 3 Years Course from India

i believe, my Master degree fall in Level 9, Am i right? Can i claim 70 Points

Are your qualifications recognized / exempt from assessment in NZ ?
To establish, you need to check the exemption list for India. If they match the university, qualification and date range exactly then you can assume they are recognized / exempt and can claim the associated points which relates to the equivalent level.
If not, you MUST have both qualifications assessed by NZQA. If required I would advise IQA assessment and not PAR. One application for both qualifications.
You cannot just guess where your qualification falls. It's either recognized so you know the exact Level to claim, OR you have had it assessed by NZQA and are told the Level it reaches.

Regarding My experience

EXPERIENCE: -
1) Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Leading Bank in Saudi Arabia
Company is entity of Saudi and France
Experience : 7+ Years to till date
Job Location is Saudi Arabia

2) Software Engineer
Company is Multi National Company and the company registered in US,UK,Singapore,India,Oman,Malaysia
Job Location is in Oman

3) Database Administrator
Company is register in Saudi Arabia
Job Location is in Oman

4) Software Engineer
Company is register in India
Job Location is in Mumbai,India

Based on and my job profession fall in LTSSL and Can i claim 15 points for LTSSL?

So long as you meet the requirements in Column 3 of the LTSSL for your chosen occupation that is specifically listed on the LTSSL then yes you can claim the 15 points and in that case Comparable Labour Market doesn't even apply. It is only when you don't exactly meet the Column 3 requirements where you have another chance by using the Comparable Labour Market rule.

Please clarify and thank you in advance

by
S.Syed
See responses above in Italics
Old Mar 11th 2018, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your valuable advice
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:06 am
Just Joined

One Last Question, as i preparing all the documents as per the NZ rules. Is it mandatory to hire any lawyer or migration agent for my new zealand skilled migration?

please clarify

by
S.Syed
Old Mar 11th 2018, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

One Last Question, as i preparing all the documents as per the NZ rules. Is it mandatory to hire any lawyer or migration agent for my new zealand skilled migration?

please clarify

by
S.Syed
No.
You can do it yourself.
Immigration won't give your application any higher a priority by using an authorised immigration agent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.