Crossing the border

Old May 26th 2017, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crossing the border

Hello BE land

So it looks like I may be coming over on work visa first whilst my families PR is going through two questions (well at the moment)

1. Would I have to come out and go across the border again to activate my PR visa

2. Can my family cross the border with the pr Vidal without me being with them

Cheers as always
Old May 27th 2017, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing the border

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hello BE land

So it looks like I may be coming over on work visa first whilst my families PR is going through two questions (well at the moment)

1. Would I have to come out and go across the border again to activate my PR visa

2. Can my family cross the border with the pr Vidal without me being with them

Cheers as always
1. Nope. Just go along to your nearest immigration office as you'll already be in NZ with your passport. They should be able to apply the visa sticker and activate it thus rendering your work visa null and void.
2. Yes so long as they cross within the stipulated 12 months.

Just another bit of info.... it is not PR. It is RV via Skilled Migrant Category. Still a permanent visa but with travel conditions. You can only get PR after holding RV for a minimum of two years and meeting one of five criteria.
Old May 27th 2017, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing the border

Cheers mate