Open University conversion

Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default Open University conversion

Hi,

just wondered if anyone knew of anyone who had their open University BA Hons Early Years approved as an NZ level 7?
I am aware that some people have been granted a level 7 with other universities as their practicum is continually assessed....

with the OU only academic work is assessed and not practical and I have 2 more years to go....wondered whether I need to move into a different university??

any advice is most welcome!

Lydia
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:35 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Open University conversion

The best thing you can do is get a Pre-lim which cost 100 something NZ dollars to confirm. Its hard to know otherwise. Even agents will advise you to do this. If you have the money, the pre-lim will work out the points without documntation but your information only. If its Level 7, you should be able to get level 7 in IQA (International Qualification Assessment) to get to NZ EOI. The rest will be about work experience.

Originally Posted by 4pommes
Hi,

just wondered if anyone knew of anyone who had their open University BA Hons Early Years approved as an NZ level 7?
I am aware that some people have been granted a level 7 with other universities as their practicum is continually assessed....

with the OU only academic work is assessed and not practical and I have 2 more years to go....wondered whether I need to move into a different university??

any advice is most welcome!

Lydia
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Open University conversion

thanks. don't want to get a prelim assessment as it will have to be fully assessed by NZQA for Teacher's council anyway....saves $100.