NZ IMMIGRATION LIED TO US

Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:26 am
Just Joined

jd24hrs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ IMMIGRATION LIED TO US

WE CAME TO NZ 2 1/2 YEARS AGO AND THEY TOLD US WE WOULD BE ABLE TO START OUR PLUMBING AND GAS BUSINESS AFTER 3 MONTHS BUT WE FOUND OUT THAT THEY LIED TO US BECAUSE THEY DONT SPEAK TO THE STUPID PLUMBERS BOARD (PGDB) SO MY ADVICE IS DONT COME TO PLUMB IF YOU WERE IN BUSINESS IN YOUR COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU WILL FIND IT VERY STRESSFULL BEING TREATED LIKE AN APPRENTICE ON MIN WAGE AND BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO BY A SO CALLED CRAFTSMAN WHO CANNOT PLUMB TO OUR STANDARD SO SO SO

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WORK HARD SAVE FOR EARLY RETIREMENT THEN RETIRE HERE THE COUNTRY IS GREAT IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO ENJOY IT

<snipped>

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 25th 2010 at 6:27 am. Reason: saving you from yourself and spammers
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NZ IMMIGRATION LIED TO US

You really do have a problem don't you and please DON'T SHOUT

We have had all this conversation several times before. It has been explained several times before to you but still you will not hear because you do not want to, yet it changes nothing.
In a way , I am very sad about this. If you would just see this is NZ and not the UK. If you would just see that NZ doesn't need ,or want for that matter , to have you ram down their throats about how great your UK gas standards are, then you would at least start to see the harm you do to yourself and to other UK tradesmen.

In the American vernacular. "Shut Up".

( for anyone else looking in, please do take the time to look at other posts from this user. )

Once you completed your 3 months with the named e
mployer under the conditions of your PR visa (section 18a) , you were free to go do and work at anything.

It is the same for anyone under this section 18a.

The NZIS website is very clear about needed registrations. Very clear indeed. As is the PGDB website. So much so in fact, that the two go hand in hand. NZIS look to the PGDB for verification that overseas quals match NZ standards. NZIS require the pre-assessment confirmation letter from the PGDB .

Registration etc is not confined to plumbers and gasfitters. Pharmacists , teachers , sparkies and nurses also need to have NZ. registration. It isn't confined to you !

The PGDB make it very clear what is required here in NZ to go self-employed. This doesn't stop the would-be migrant from setting up a plumbing and gasfitting business here in NZ if they have the money and a proven track record of running a business. I am not talking about being a self-employed bod. Nor a sub-contractor. I am talking about a company. One would employ an NZ craftsman to sign off the work whilst going forward as a new tradesman migrant with NZ registration and craftsman.

In the years I have been here , I only know of one bloke that was on a low wage and that was $17.50 an hour. No-one else.

Yes. You do have to learn NZ standards, codes and working practices but after that you apply to become NZ registered & if you know your stuff , you will gain that. Again,it is clear what is required and what it will cost.

Of course, you need to be guided in NZ ways.
Yes, I do see how that rails for a tradesman that feels he knows his stuff.
Yes. You do need to know what you are being told to learn NZ ways.
Yes. You are in New Zealand .
No. They don't care about your UK ways.
Yes. You will p!ss them off by telling them you know better .....and I know you have spouted this.

... and on one last note. You clearly know bugger all about coming here with the wish to retire.

So. Give it a flippin' rest will you.

It was up to you that you wouldn't do the registration. It is up to you that you remain but have opted out of the trade.

Others still dream and want to come here to NZ but cannot have that luxury to play as they please like you have.

Please, please stop scaremongering just because you mis-understood what was required.. You are playing with peoples lives and taking them for idiots. You made your choices . Let them make theirs.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Bless you, Bevs. x
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Well said BEVS....If we'd wanted the same as the UK we'd have stayed there.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:45 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I love BEVS.....

She always set them right....

You go girl!
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:10 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

I have tried to resist getting into this thread
but failed
Of course you have to retrain when to go to another country
this is not UK mark 2
I have to start with confined space training again
I did this is the UK and have all the correct paper work for NZ
but I have to do it all again
and rightly so
what a arrogant opinion to think that the UK way is the best way
this is NZ
if you want to do things the UK way then go and work there
so the equipment may be a little out of date and some of the safety methods a bit old fashioned
But I really don't care
I want to learn the NZ way that's where i live now
I cant think of anything worse that telling your Kiwi work colleagues how much better trained you are than them.
A sure way to make many enemies.
Sorry just had to get that one off my chest

Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bdclayton
I have tried to resist getting into this thread
but failed
Of course you have to retrain when to go to another country
this is not UK mark 2
I have to start with confined space training again
I did this is the UK and have all the correct paper work for NZ
but I have to do it all again
and rightly so
what a arrogant opinion to think that the UK way is the best way
this is NZ
if you want to do things the UK way then go and work there
so the equipment may be a little out of date and some of the safety methods a bit old fashioned
But I really don't care
I want to learn the NZ way that's where i live now
I cant think of anything worse that telling your Kiwi work colleagues how much better trained you are than them.
A sure way to make many enemies.
Sorry just had to get that one off my chest

Well said, couldn't agree more.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:23 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

As they say, when in Rome....
Old Mar 26th 2010, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

hi
if anybody took notice of the facts I told you that i was given residence after 3months because of qualifications and experience which means the immigration dept recognised my quals and said that i would be able to start my own business( no mention of having to a craftsman to look over me. at no time did they mention about the the plumbers board even when i asked the questions.
and at that time 4years ago the info on the internet was very poor I dont really have a problem with a quick refresher course but to start all over again when ive already done my city &guilds etc which they recognised to get full residence is taking the p-- because of the cost which are just stupid
Old Mar 26th 2010, 9:44 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, well I´m not sure I´d expect UK Immigration to know too much about the requirements for working on gas and plumbing in the UK.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:39 am
`

Originally Posted by simonsi
Hmm, well I´m not sure I´d expect UK Immigration to know too much about the requirements for working on gas and plumbing in the UK
Quite !

Originally Posted by jd24hrs
If anybody took notice of the facts I told you that i was given residence after 3months because of qualifications and experience
Nope. You were given residence because you had enough kosher points, just like the rest of us. You get points for your age for example . Not just quals and work exp. You also get bonus points if the occupation is deemed to be in absolute shortage.

Originally Posted by jd24hrs.
....and (NZIS) said that i would be able to start my own business
Well yes.What they stated was true.
Anyone can start a business if they wish. For the plumbing and gasfitting trade you would just need to employ an NZ craftsman plumber and gasfitter.
NB :- Being self-employed is not the same as setting up a business and company. Perhaps the questions you asked were incomplete .

at no time did they (NZIS) mention about the the plumbers board even when i asked the questions
You should have been asking the PGDB about that . Not NZIS. Surely you must have checked out the PGDB at the time .
Even back in 2003 , plumbing registration was mentioned on the NZIS website under the trade occupation & acceptable quals.

and at that time 4years ago the info on the internet was very poor
Not sure I'd go with that. 2003 was worse.
Out of interest I googled 'plumber new zealand 2007' and guess who popped up droning on .
What I do know is that the PGDB had a website. In fact, they had that right from 2003 when we started. I found it back then by simply typing in 'new zealand plumber'

I dont really have a problem with a quick refresher course

Now , here is where I start to see a difficulty. It takes more than a 'refresher ' course to get to grips with NZ standards, regulations and working practices. Do you therefore think it acceptable that a non UK gasfitter just take a refresher course before starting to work on gas in the UK ? Or do you feel that person should do as UK gasfitters do.... take the assessments and exams.

There is a refresher course available up in Auckland to help those about to take the registration exams. My husband availed himself of that at the time. We were both surrounded by tomes of manuals, regulations, old NZ apprentice books, old exam papers etc for months & months before he took the first exam.

but to start all over again when ive already done my city &guilds etc
We've been through this. You were not asked to start again. It is 4 days of practical assessments and an exam.
FWIW & I have stated this before, I do think the fee is HUGE. At $3500 a discipline , that is an entire months take home pay to us. It is something the migrant must factor in to the emigration costs.

Now here some facts from your own posts.
You arrived and started working for someone in the trade. The name you use is McBeths.
You stated that they told you that they let their practicing license lapse so you couldn't renew your limited license so you left. I have no idea if you tried to get another job in the trade. Given how voluable and critical you are of NZ tradesmen ad NZ gasfitters maybe that was hard in Taupo. Word travels fast in NZ.

Was that a Ralph McBeth of McBeths which has been operating in Taupo for 25 yrs.

I dunno really why I am spending the time with this. I've already had the conversation several times. Maybe it is because I do have sympathy for the uphill climb that some have to simply become recognised in their professions/trades here in NZ. It is tough.

With regard to the plumbing and gasfitting trade, would the OP feel the same if this was about someone from somewhere other than the UK. A Hungarian from the Eastern Block for instance or perhaps a Malaysian. Does the OP feel that those from other countries should be allowed to plumb and gasfit with just a quick refresher course?
Or does the OP feel that someone from the UK should be given preferential treatment perhaps.

Just exploring here really as I can't quite get why the OP doesn't just bite the bullet and get on with it if the OP really feels he is worth it.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you hate it here so much JD, why don't you just go home and stop your whining...
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:33 am
`

I don't think JD hates it here in NZ. I think he hates that he couldn't just do what he wanted , which was to go self-employed as a gasman, with ease .
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Aw Bevs bless you...have read this thread and my oh my you have the patience of the angels ...all your explaining etc..l hope that this OP takes on board some of the help that you've offered up.

He is so very lucky to be able to have made the move to NZ there are those of us that want sooooooo much to live the dream but can't for reasons of their own.

Regards
xxElainexx
Old Apr 4th 2010, 8:12 am
Just Joined

i just wish i had all the facts before i shut down 2 good businesses and moved to this loverly country which i cant build 2 good busineses which they so greatly need and i need to survive jd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.