Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Not selecting any more EOIs from the pool after 19th July!

Not selecting any more EOIs from the pool after 19th July!

Old Jul 6th 2017, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

CatLady1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Not selecting any more EOIs from the pool after 19th July!

Hi there

I am in the process of applying for positions in new zealand as a nurse. I am currently in uk. Potentially I may have an employment offer soon. I require to obtain a skilled migrant visa.
I've just looked on the immigration website and see they are not selecting any further EOIs from the pool from 19th July until further notice.
Basically I am just wondering if I could submit an EOI in the next few days could I stand a chance of being selected by the 19th July cut-off date or would my application go in a queue behind all others gone before?
Also typically how long is it before immigration decide to start selecting again? Does anyone know?

Thanks a lot.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not selecting any more EOIs from the pool after 19th July!

Originally Posted by CatLady1234
Hi there

I am in the process of applying for positions in new zealand as a nurse. I am currently in uk. Potentially I may have an employment offer soon. I require to obtain a skilled migrant visa.
I've just looked on the immigration website and see they are not selecting any further EOIs from the pool from 19th July until further notice.
Basically I am just wondering if I could submit an EOI in the next few days could I stand a chance of being selected by the 19th July cut-off date or would my application go in a queue behind all others gone before?
Also typically how long is it before immigration decide to start selecting again? Does anyone know?

Thanks a lot.
If you submit you have a very good chance of being selected (with a job offer) proving you have the minimum 160 points, if it doesn't get picked (doubtful) it will stay in the pool. It's stopping for a little bit whilst they implement changes to the SMC visa (don't panic about them as a nurse you should be fine)...maybe I'm wrong and the NZ posse will correct me but I thought theses changes hadn't even been voted in yet but INZ are already touting it as gospel....overconfidence or done deal?
Old Jul 8th 2017, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
If you submit you have a very good chance of being selected (with a job offer) proving you have the minimum 160 points, if it doesn't get picked (doubtful) it will stay in the pool. It's stopping for a little bit whilst they implement changes to the SMC visa (don't panic about them as a nurse you should be fine)...maybe I'm wrong and the NZ posse will correct me but I thought theses changes hadn't even been voted in yet but INZ are already touting it as gospel....overconfidence or done deal?
Thanks for your help. I keep worrying about it all! So that's the reason why they are not selecting for a short while. I just am mainly worried about losing a job offer with these added delays. When your EOI was selected from the pool, and you were invited to apply for your visa, what documentation did you need to provide? I am just wondering so that I could get all this ready so when invited can send directly off. Do you need certified copies of nursing qualifications, ID etc. ?
Old Jul 8th 2017, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help. I keep worrying about it all! So that's the reason why they are not selecting for a short while. I just am mainly worried about losing a job offer with these added delays. When your EOI was selected from the pool, and you were invited to apply for your visa, what documentation did you need to provide? I am just wondering so that I could get all this ready so when invited can send directly off. Do you need certified copies of nursing qualifications, ID etc. ?
Yes you need original or certified copies of:

Passport

Birth certificate (the full one)

Registration (nz)

Police certificate (apply for this as soon as your EOI gets picked)

IELTS certificate or proof of English language ability

Employment agreement(signed by you and them must have hours of work,grade and pay on it)

Qualification (I sent certificate and transcripts,as far as I'm aware having asked INZ we are exempt from having to get an NZQA assessment because we are assessed as part of our registration with the nursing council NZ)

References from places you are claiming work experience for these need to have periods of work, your weekly hours, grade and job title, I also included job descriptions, pay slips and photos (from my army days) as well as my CV and initial NMC registration to prove how long I'd been a nurse

And when you have your Medical you will receive a printout containing your Emedical number which needs to go in

Is it just you on the application and are you claiming for close family in NZ?

I also included a self addressed envelope for the original documents to be sent back (paid for postage online with NZ post)

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Jul 8th 2017 at 7:03 am.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your help again. That information is really useful.

So you sent the originals then? I am intending to send certified copies of my originals (certified by a notary public). I hope this will be acceptable as I'm just worried about originals going astray.

It is just myself on the application.

Wow you sent a lot of info regarding photos and pay slips. All I will have are references from my work places. This will be enough do you think and acceptable? I stupidly over the years have thrown away my pay slips and things like that in the name of tidying up. Don't know what I was thinking of but hope just references from my work experience areas will be sufficient.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for your help again. That information is really useful.

So you sent the originals then? I am intending to send certified copies of my originals (certified by a notary public). I hope this will be acceptable as I'm just worried about originals going astray.

It is just myself on the application.

Wow you sent a lot of info regarding photos and pay slips. All I will have are references from my work places. This will be enough do you think and acceptable? I stupidly over the years have thrown away my pay slips and things like that in the name of tidying up. Don't know what I was thinking of but hope just references from my work experience areas will be sufficient.
No worries I'm happy to help. I sent originals of everything except my passports, motorised copies are acceptable though(I was trying to keep costs down) they only asked me for references however I gave them everything as it's hard to demonstrate my old army job as being skilled so I gave photos of me performing medical procedures
Old Jul 10th 2017, 2:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
motorised copies are acceptable
--- and perhaps arrive under their own steam, saving on postage.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
--- and perhaps arrive under their own steam, saving on postage.