New Zealand Visa

Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Bored_Of_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New Zealand Visa

Am 32 and have just found out that I am 1 year too old to apply for a Skilled Workers Visa (4 years).
I have been advised that a working permit (1 year) restricts me to one company if I find a job.
Also recently applied for a job and was turned down because i didn't have a visa sorted.
Want to work in South Island (Queenstown) as an accountant, if possible, as I love my sport, outdoors.

Does anyone know where i should start and if it is possible. Did a points check and didn't have enough points as it is not one of the areas NZ is looking for.
If you get a job outside of Aukland however you get 50 points. Chicken and egg! No visa - no job. No job - No visa.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Zealand Visa

Hiya

You could apply for a WHV (18 - 35) through www.bunac.com
then whilst out there apply for work permit once you have a job?

J
Old Apr 21st 2006, 2:01 pm
Currently in NZ

Stu75 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bored_Of_UK
Am 32 and have just found out that I am 1 year too old to apply for a Skilled Workers Visa (4 years).
Hi there. Sorry to hijack your thread but I was wondering which Skilled Workers Visa this is that you mention. Is this the Skilled Migrants visa or is there a specific 4yr visa that is available.

I am in a similar situation to yourself and am planning to go with the working holiday visa but am interested to know a bit more about other visas available. The NZIS website doesn't appear to mention a 4yr skilled workers visa.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Bored_Of_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu75
Hi there. Sorry to hijack your thread but I was wondering which Skilled Workers Visa this is that you mention. Is this the Skilled Migrants visa or is there a specific 4yr visa that is available.

I am in a similar situation to yourself and am planning to go with the working holiday visa but am interested to know a bit more about other visas available. The NZIS website doesn't appear to mention a 4yr skilled workers visa.
This is the Skilled Migrants Visa. I was informed that it was 4 years, but i have also heard now it is permanent.
The other way is the Work permit.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

This is the Skilled Migrants Visa. I was informed that it was 4 years, but i have also heard now it is permanent.
The other way is the Work permit.
I wonder if there is not some confusion. You can apply for immigration under the skilled migrant category. You will receive at returning resident visa and a permanent resident visa that is stamped the date you first land. You can live and work in New Zealand as a permanent resident. I don't know where the four years is from.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:30 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
I wonder if there is not some confusion. You can apply for immigration under the skilled migrant category. You will receive at returning resident visa and a permanent resident visa that is stamped the date you first land. You can live and work in New Zealand as a permanent resident. I don't know where the four years is from.
And being 32 is not a problem.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biddy
And being 32 is not a problem.
Yeah, I had a significant birthday recently and I was still accepted. It must have been all those photos I had to send.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off-topic, but why is the NZ immigration forum here shared with the Oz one? I mean, the two countries are thousands of miles apart, have completely different immigration systems, rules, regulations, costs, timelines. Each is a separate nation with its own Government.

About the only thing the two countries have in common is a similar-sounding accent. By that reckoning, the Canadian and US immigration forums should be merged.

K.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kt0157
Slightly off-topic, but why is the NZ immigration forum here shared with the Oz one? I mean, the two countries are thousands of miles apart, have completely different immigration systems, rules, regulations, costs, timelines. Each is a separate nation with its own Government.

About the only thing the two countries have in common is a similar-sounding accent. By that reckoning, the Canadian and US immigration forums should be merged.

K.
K
I am Canadian and to my ears, the US accents sound quite different to my own.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

K
I am Canadian and to my ears, the US accents sound quite different to my own.
Yeah, and ditto for Kiwis and Aussies. But the rest of the world can't tell, which is why Yanks travel the world with Canadian flags sewn on their backpacks..

K.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, and ditto for Kiwis and Aussies. But the rest of the world can't tell, which is why Yanks travel the world with Canadian flags sewn on their backpacks..

K.
Yeah, when I lived in the UK, my friend from Northern Michigan used to pretend to be Canadian.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:20 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

I have been advised that a working permit (1 year) restricts me to one company if I find a job.
Also recently applied for a job and was turned down because i didn't have a visa sorted.
Want to work in South Island (Queenstown) as an accountant, if possible, as I love my sport, outdoors.

Does anyone know where i should start and if it is possible. Did a points check and didn't have enough points as it is not one of the areas NZ is looking for.
If you get a job outside of Aukland however you get 50 points. Chicken and egg! No visa - no job. No job - No visa.

You could always apply to migrate to OZ and once you have citizenship.. then move to NZ. I think OZ cut off age is 45.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a chartered accountant you should get enough points to apply for PR as a Skilled Migrant as that's on the skills shortage list.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:41 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

K.
The immigration forum's are gateways to the usenet newsgroups. The Aus/NZ forum propagates to the misc.immigration.australia+nz newsgroup. Not sure why the two countries are part of the same newsgroup but as far as I know it's been like that since its inception.

Sue
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: New Zealand Visa

Originally Posted by jeany
Hiya

You could apply for a WHV (18 - 35) through www.bunac.com
then whilst out there apply for work permit once you have a job?

J
Have tried to do EOI form but although we have enough points a job offer is not forthcoming, therefore our EOI will not be accepted. Having spoken to some agencies on the phone they suggested we sell up and just come out for a holiday with a view to getting a job and not returning. Whilst this seemed mad with 3 kids we've got no other choice so our house is on the market and when it sells were off! However i had'nt thought about the WHV, i am 36 at the end of June. Could i apply for this now, not go untill maybe September and then bring my family with me on this visa?