Much needed advice for nz

Old May 29th 2017, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Kerient is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Much needed advice for nz

My husband and I would love to emigrate to New Zealand with our 3 children from the uk. My husband is a car painter and has 19 years experience. Problem being...he doesn't have the relevant certificates. Does his experience count for anything? Or will he need to gain the qualification/certificate? (If so, is there a fast track way of gaining it?)Is it possible to get a job offer before hand? We're struggling to know which is the best route to take, and would greatly appreciate some advice 😁
Old May 29th 2017, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Much needed advice for nz

Vehicle painter is on the of skilled jobs and the work experience is more than enough in that respect..however to get enough points for a skilled migrant visa he would most likely need a job offer.......there are work visa routes however these may close down in august if the new rules are voted in. I have no idea of the current job market for vehicle painters I'm afraid
Old May 29th 2017, 10:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As Inkedneonurse states , vehicle painter is seen as a skilled occupation . Trade quals are preferable but work exp can sometimes substitute if that can be proven.

At the moment there is no shortage of those in this occupation in New Zealand so he would be up against it to find employment.

For the Skilled Migrant policy he would certainly need a job offer to try to make the 160 points however without trade quals for points I am not sure that even with a job offer he could gain enough for a quality application.

If you are thinking to formalise his trade skills then look to NVQ3 level at least.

This trade pays about $30 ph tops. Depending on where in NZ you could struggle as a family on that wage alone.

Do you have an occupation?
Old May 30th 2017, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Kerient is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply! It's looking like he'll need to gain the qualification on paper for points alone 🙄 yes im a teaching assistant with nvq 3. To be honest I'd be happy to do anything that's readily available. Thanks again 👍🏻