Moving to Auckland - No visa as yet

Old Oct 5th 2014, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Alemma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Auckland - No visa as yet

Hi there,this is my first visit to this forum and wonder if anyone else has past experience or any advice.
My move is planned for early 2015 and a work / skilled migrant visa is conditional on securing a job offer as an accountant. I've already got a few contacts lined up and plan to travel initially on a tourist visa to look for a role. Return flight is booked (just in case) and I have an immigration agent ready to go with the paperwork. Has anyone else moved across without a role secured and how did they find it? I'm moving on my own and being in my late 30's how have people found making new friends etc.?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 10:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Auckland - No visa as yet

have altered the title and moved into relevant section.

So as you say you wanting a skilled migrant visa I am assuming you have done the points calculator and know what points you have at the moment and what you need to do to gain over 140 points ? and also checked the skilled list make sure you have all the relevant requirements needed to claim the points ?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Sorry I should have said. My qualifications are with NZQA for assessment, that along with points for work experience, age and job offer will give me at least 140 points.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 8:11 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you probably won't need an agent if things are all straight forward.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Oct 5th 2014 at 8:52 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you probably won't need an agent if things are all straight forward.
Yeah, I was thinking the same, you don't need to be handing your money away, there's plenty of help on here if you need it
Old Oct 8th 2014, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice, really helpful and much appreciated. I've already got a number of contacts in finance recruitment and can be flexible in location...fingers crossed my trip in November to meet some agencies is a good platform for moving early next year!!