More delays :(

Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: More delays :(

thanks I think I will just hang in there perhaps the agency is just trying to put pressure on me think I will contact hosptial direct and cut out the middle man
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:41 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Oh To be honest in that case I wouldn't go for a work permit too, as it will not be any quicker (as we found out to our cost) and just cost you more.
Hi ragdolls, I too am with geneva healthcare oh bugger!!!! yeah there is no point in applying for a work visa as the medicals will still have to be passed anyway. Best thing you can do is speak with your c/o and see what they got to say. Got me a bit worried now have had an e-mail from agency, but just to check how I am as have a nasty kidney infection at the moment, and she just said keep onto them as she knows we are awaiting news from the medical board

Tina. x
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

sorry to hear you're not well hope things clear up soon for you
don't worry about your job your start date is not until Jan/feb so they are not expecting you to be there before I didn't have a start date my letter offer from the hospital just said " a mutually agreed start date" so I'm not sure if the agency is trying to get me on board sooner more for them rather than the hospital putting pressure on!!. I did suggest to the agency would it be worth me trying another healthboard but she dismissed that idea saying that as I have a job offer it's not worth while I e-mailed my C/O but she is out of the office until monday! so a weekend of wondering begins. Last night I e-mailed another agency and they e-mailed me this morning to arrange a time for them to call me to discuss what nursing postions I would be interested in so might speak to them next week to find out what is happening. x
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:24 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
sorry to hear you're not well hope things clear up soon for you
don't worry about your job your start date is not until Jan/feb so they are not expecting you to be there before I didn't have a start date my letter offer from the hospital just said " a mutually agreed start date" so I'm not sure if the agency is trying to get me on board sooner more for them rather than the hospital putting pressure on!!. I did suggest to the agency would it be worth me trying another healthboard but she dismissed that idea saying that as I have a job offer it's not worth while I e-mailed my C/O but she is out of the office until monday! so a weekend of wondering begins. Last night I e-mailed another agency and they e-mailed me this morning to arrange a time for them to call me to discuss what nursing postions I would be interested in so might speak to them next week to find out what is happening. x
Awh, same here, a weekend of more misery for us still nothing today, called c/o went to voice mail and she aint replied, so she is either out of the office too or just does not want to speak to me, lol. I wouldnt want to speak to me at the moment either, pmsl. Try and have a good weekend.

Tina. x
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tina - sorry you aint heard anything yet. Surprise for me my C/O acknowledged my e-mail and wants me to provide further proof of partnership (have already sent marriage certificate 31ys!! and utility bills) also has requested that my husbands blood be retested but we knew this so no surprise there. No mention of me being refered to MA although in her e-mail she did say this was the first assessment so perhaps that wili come later. Have a good weekend yourself keep drinking plenty of fluids!!!! x
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:47 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Our resident advisor asked for proof of relationship, we're trying to gather as much as we can too, problem is here in Egypt they don't issue utility bills with both names on them and we don't have joint bank accounts because I am terrible with money

Best of luck to you with the rest of the process, here's you'll get it all sort very soon!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kija - best of luck to you too!!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:53 pm
appreciate life

Hi Tina - sorry you aint heard anything yet. Surprise for me my C/O acknowledged my e-mail and wants me to provide further proof of partnership (have already sent marriage certificate 31ys!! and utility bills) also has requested that my husbands blood be retested but we knew this so no surprise there. No mention of me being refered to MA although in her e-mail she did say this was the first assessment so perhaps that wili come later. Have a good weekend yourself keep drinking plenty of fluids!!!! x
Right then guys,

have an update eventually although not all good. Will has passed his medical, however, they will not pass me at the moment due to my bmi

So the story goes, we have a month to present any extra info or proof that I am either under 35 or well on the way and then they will reconsidor, however, they have said that I prob will not get passed until it gets under 35!!!!!!!!!! Which, I do not know how long it will take me, as I also have a thyroid condition so struggle a lot to loose weight, am a classic yoyo dieter,

So thats all for the time being, well gutted, as so wanted to be able to organise our lives, and now cannot book or arrange anything until we know we have those blue stickers.

Will keep you all posted on how I get on with the bmi reduction, any extra tips would be so helpful right now, and keep my backside moving by nudging me lots on here, lol.

Tina. x
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:11 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh! Tina! ((((hugs))))
Weight & Height .....mmmmm You could try a session on the 'rack' to increase height + session of shrink wrap just before medical!.... sorry hun, dont mean to make light of it but stress ain't gonna help you.... extreme measures may be called for just to get BMI down to magic number for one time visit to Doc.... guess you have discussed this with GP? Know you're a nurse so don't want to try & teach 'granny to suck eggs' but spk to a dietitian! Will pm you my daughters details if needed ... sure she could put you in touch with someone, she has just been involved with MENDs project in Cardiff.

You've done a fantastic job so far!!! Can tell this is v. important to you ... pleeeeaaassssee keep at it .... it will work out!
B x
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tina - sorry to hear your news I can't imagine how you must feel. On a positive note, they havn't said no full stop!!! You've come this far don't let the ********** get you down you know you CAN do it !!! xx
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:23 pm
appreciate life

Hi Tina - sorry to hear your news I can't imagine how you must feel. On a positive note, they havn't said no full stop!!! You've come this far don't let the ********** get you down you know you CAN do it !!! xx
thank you both so much, this is what I need that bit of extra support you know what its like you tell family members, but not much comes out of it due to the way that they are feeling about us going, I will try anything that anyone can tell me to, that would be great if your daughter could get some info or help to for me......... smiling I will be all the way, will do it, just maybe not as quick as I wanted it to be though. Guess where I was straight after work today????? Yes the gym so desperate am willing to give it my all. But you know what, I feel so bad for the rest of the family, well will and josh, as harri does not want to go anyway, lol, bless him. The pressure is now well and truly on me.............. Bring it on eh???

Tina. x
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh dear. Lettuce leaves and water whilst on the run for you then.

If you don't mind my being nosey, how much over the BMI 35 are you or how much weight do you have to lose? It's OK to tell me to mind my own business

I spose the good thing is that you have the month to do this and NZIS just didn't throw out the application.

Best of luck with the weight loss.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 9:55 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the BMI issue Tina, I'm going to be in the same boat so I know how disappointing it is, but I read a thread here on BE where someone had a very high BMI and was refused but she worked at it and did it, hey we can do it too yes?? Porridge, porridge and more porridge and lots of walking, you're not alone! Best of luck!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:17 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by Kija
Sorry to hear about the BMI issue Tina, I'm going to be in the same boat so I know how disappointing it is, but I read a thread here on BE where someone had a very high BMI and was refused but she worked at it and did it, hey we can do it too yes?? Porridge, porridge and more porridge and lots of walking, you're not alone! Best of luck!
thank you, need to loose roughly 1 stone 7 pounds to bring it under 35 so have got some work to do, needs must and i will find a way salads, salads and more salads it is then

Tina. x
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Is an increased exercise level a possibility? Hard riding on a pushbike worked well for someone I know. Kind to the joints, and coupled with slight decrease in calories, might just do the quick trick you need?

This BMI thing is blimmin stupid though. See my other comments about the rugby player

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.