Medical Declined!!!

Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I'm not sure what point Jennifer45 is making - I thought sarcastic but then was puzzled by the 'PS' bit...however to me IMHO it is obvious that all these things are a mixture of conditioning (cultural factors i.e. nurture) and nature i.e. genetic factors...to argue otherwise makes no sense to me...but to discount genetic pre-disposition as others have done in this thread is missing at least half of the point.

I passed my NZIS medical but even when I was a size 12 when I was 18 - I was always 'rotund' rather than slim..(I know this because I have looked at old photos recently)....everyone has a natural healthy weight which it is easier for them to maintain than some other weight...yes you can really watch what you eat and exercise like crazy and artificially keep yourself somewhere below the weight which is actually right for you but you are likely to make yourself miserable and boring in the process....the Pacific Islanders/Maori who Captain Cook met, were no doubt bigger and more rotund than the average European at the time and there were no burgers for them to munch on then nor TVs to slouch in front of......
Sarcastic? Moi? Never!
Just a bit tender and rubbed raw with all the wonderful 'slim' folk passing on words of wisdom on gaining the 'perfect' weight'.
What is the perfect weight? Is BMI the best way of judging it?
IMHO I don't think so. There are so many variables and more learned academics and scientists appear to have the same conclusions but some common measure is required by NZIS.
I was a tall skinny teenager, long legs, no waist, very slim hips, next to nothing bust! Weighed about 9st. bust arrived age 15 and unfortunately just kept on growing. Still tall, 5'7.5",still narrow hips 42, still no waist, 39, Bust 42 D. BMI 32 Weight 89kg!
I heard that! ok I could do with losing a little and I mean a little. I really don't want to be 10/10.5 st at my age. More to the point MOH doesn't want a boney granny to cuddle up to!
Nature caused me to put down fat as I passed the menopause, she ensured that the arthritic frame was protected so that as I increased my exercise regime my brittle bones were safe.If you look at any diagrams or photos of womens shape as they age you will see the effect of the slowing down of the metabolism in middle age.
I am not championing obesity, only the opinion that we should all strive for a size 12 figure. Just as certain styles of clothing look good on women of a certain age, and ridiculous on older women, maintaining a youthful weight into later years can be not only aging but worrying.
Why does NZIS not ensure further checks on exessively thin/slim people?
Those who consider weight and clothes size to be of overiding importance should be pleased to know that I have lost a further 3 pounds (GBP) this week, through my healthy eating and power walking and swimming.
I, on the other hand, am more delighted to know that due to my size (18) I AM LOVED
Before anyone takes umbrage at what I've written, please accept it is only the opinion of an old has been.
Peace
Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennifer45
I, on the other hand, am more delighted to know that due to my size (18) I AM LOVED
Peace
Hey Jen

You will be pleased to know that if you buy clothes here you will fit into a size 16 automatically LOL. I always have to buy one size smaller here compared to UK sizes. Keep smiling and down let the b****rds (immigration) grind you down.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:18 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirl
Hey Jen

You will be pleased to know that if you buy clothes here you will fit into a size 16 automatically LOL. I always have to buy one size smaller here compared to UK sizes. Keep smiling and down let the b****rds (immigration) grind you down.
I always found the clothes to come up smaller..or maybe Ive got fatter
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I always found the clothes to come up smaller..or maybe Ive got fatter
Suppose it depends where you shop, if I go for cheap then I have to go bigger as they seem to skimp on sizing and if I buy good quality then I am ok with smaller sizes.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Medical Declined!!!

well done ladies

i must admit i prefer curves on a lady instead of skin and bone but hey ho back to the point. got some guidance from med ass and case off, they would like me to attain a bmi close to( see the close to bit ) of 35. just means i ahve to lose another 2 stone in 12 weeks, easy peasy. case officer did quantify this by saying send us medical notes when you get to bmi of 37/38 as we reckon you will get in. gets you wondering dont it. i have lost 34 lbs in 11 weeks and im only 9 pounds of a bmi of 37, will go for that and i cant wait to see wat all the fitties have to say now.

keep the faith and it has been worth every minute

jim
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:07 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirl
Suppose it depends where you shop, if I go for cheap then I have to go bigger as they seem to skimp on sizing and if I buy good quality then I am ok with smaller sizes.
usually get mine from Surpree and farmers... but I am on a diet now...too much good wine and food

and im a size 12 but want to be a ten.... ok maybe a slimmer 12
Old Aug 16th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: Medical Declined!!!

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
im only 9 pounds of a bmi of 37, will go for that and i cant wait to see wat all the fitties have to say now.
Go Jim

nic
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Received letter today, medical wavier turned down
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Kags, that's so crap! Where can you go from here?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:35 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Don't lose heart. You are being very brave & doing all the right things to get you to New Zealand.

All my fingers and toes are crossed for you that the medical waiver comes good.

I did have a thought this morning, whilst doing the garden. If you offered to come into NZ on a short temporary 6 month work visa , would that help the waiver?

My thinking is:-

Your husband has a job offer and it would help the NZ employer
It would buy you more time to lose the last couple of stone.
It gets you here and started in NZ.
NZ may see it as a commitment to be in NZ and also a commitment to its health policy re the BMI.

After all, a temporary work visa is just that. Temporary.

Hi Karen

I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you. DON'T GIVE UP

I've brought this comment forward to save you looking back for it, something for you to consider.

Best of luck

Pauline
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by howden40
Hi Karen

I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you. DON'T GIVE UP

I've brought this comment forward to save you looking back for it, something for you to consider.

Best of luck

Pauline
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about the waiver. Don't let it get you down if you can you know we are here to help and support you. Just wish that I could come up with a solution for you so that you can get to NZ with your family.DO NOT GIVE UP

Phyllis
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have suggested to my OH, to see if I can be removed from our application, so that he and our son can get PR. I will reapply early next year.
OH just wants to give up, but I am determined to get us there.

Dont know if this is possible.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:46 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry and keep going!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am very very sorry to read your news Kags. That must be a hard blow for you and your family.

My belief is that as the PR is a family application, the entire PR application will be turned down this time. I don't think that NZIS would consider splitting a family for part of that family to come into NZ. NZIS have a criteria for considering whether someone will settle or not and having a Mum and Wife at the other end of the world would not suggest the family was settling.

I think you should now ask NZIS if it is OK for you to re-apply once the BMI is within an acceptable level & how this current situation ,with the refused medical waiver, could impact on any future application. When you re-apply you'll be wanting to get it dead right with all the reports and paperwork in place. Ask them what will be required .

Chin up Kags. Keep on with the weight loss and look to the future. Don't give up .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.