Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all
Default Re: Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Originally Posted by MrsCakey
I regret not paying the extra for DHL now. NZ Post still says 'not trackable'. Seriously, what is the point?
Yup. Tell me about it... *sigh*

I sent my amendments off on the 28th July, and was notified that they received it on the 18th August. Three weeks is ridiculous when the Post Office themselves quoted five days.

Hopefully yours will get there soon! And now we know better!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

In danger of asking a stupid question again....... Is n/a gate only relevant with perm residency applications?? I only ask because I'm franticly looking over our temporary forms and can't see anywhere really I can put n/a for questions! It's mainly tick boxes?!?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
In danger of asking a stupid question again....... Is n/a gate only relevant with perm residency applications?? I only ask because I'm franticly looking over our temporary forms and can't see anywhere really I can put n/a for questions! It's mainly tick boxes?!?
I found it was little things like "name in ethnic script". If there's any text fields that you're leaving blank for whatever reason, I would just put N/A on everything that you feel doesn't apply to you or you can't actually answer just so no question is left unanswered.

I haven't seen the temporary forms, so I'm not sure what fields you have to fill in.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ria_
I found it was little things like "name in ethnic script". If there's any text fields that you're leaving blank for whatever reason, I would just put N/A on everything that you feel doesn't apply to you or you can't actually answer just so no question is left unanswered.

I haven't seen the temporary forms, so I'm not sure what fields you have to fill in.
Thanks I will go over them all with a fine tooth comb when the kids go to bed tonight.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
Thanks I will go over them all with a fine tooth comb when the kids go to bed tonight.
Good luck and as Ria says, just put n/a on anything you don't answer or not relevant (even if you don't think it is)
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

I took your advice and just put n/a to everything. All applications were lodged on 25th August 🤞🏼
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

JaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond repute

I have just submitted my application for new blue stickers in my new passport. The day that my forms were received I got a phone call asking what visa I was applying for... I asked why they didn't have that information on file ( plus it was on my application forms) Now I am waiting for my passport to be returned with the correct PR stickers. Seriously anxious and confused! Was the phone call to verify my identity or what? Anyone else had this when renewing stickers?
Old Sep 4th 2017, 6:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneRiley
I have just submitted my application for new blue stickers in my new passport. The day that my forms were received I got a phone call asking what visa I was applying for... I asked why they didn't have that information on file ( plus it was on my application forms) Now I am waiting for my passport to be returned with the correct PR stickers. Seriously anxious and confused! Was the phone call to verify my identity or what? Anyone else had this when renewing stickers?
Not renewing but they did initially put the wrong visa into all out passports and somehow they realised and called us, we were already in NZ, and told us that pick up would be 2 days later.