Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all
Default Re: Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Don't panic...I got this text and it was just them sending back my original documents
Bracing.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

😣
Old Jul 25th 2017, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ria_
Bracing.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

😣
Now I am super curious too. Keep us updated
Old Jul 28th 2017, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Yup. They returned my passport, photos, birth certificates, etc...

And also a couple pages of my application, and the original partner support form. With sections highlighted that require "N/A". So sending that back today.

At least they didn't mail me the entire freaking application back! The letter enclosed did say that they need it back by the 4th August to continue the process though. Wonder what happens if it's a day or two late. One week deadline seems a little tight.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

I've done my work visa online, however will have to check that the wife's partner of a worker and the dependant kids visitor visa have a the i's dotted and t's crossed
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

I've done my work visa online, however will have to check that the wife's partner of a worker and the dependant kids visitor visa have a the i's dotted and t's crossed
I don't understand why they can't allow all applications to be online, and you just send all supporting documents separately with a reference number given you to when you apply. At least then, the application could prompt you if a field needs to be completed with "N/A". Instead, just feels like a lot of backwards and forwards and waiting around.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

It does seem totally inefficient. Surely they must have this happen all the time. I would love to see the stats on how many applications get returned because someone didn't put N/A on a field.

Anyways, onwards and upwards. @Ria maybe you should consider returning it by courier seeing as they have given you a deadline? It's double the cost but should get there in 3/4 working days.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsCakey
It does seem totally inefficient. Surely they must have this happen all the time. I would love to see the stats on how many applications get returned because someone didn't put N/A on a field.

Anyways, onwards and upwards. @Ria maybe you should consider returning it by courier seeing as they have given you a deadline? It's double the cost but should get there in 3/4 working days.
To be honest, I've never couriered anything before so it didn't occur to me. I sent it on Friday afternoon and it's already on its way to Auckland now anyway, having left Heathrow yesterday morning.

The lady at the Post Office actually asked me, "Would you like it to get there by tomorrow?" to which I replied, "I would love that but is that even possible?". She laughed when she realised, and told me it would be 5-7 days. So
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Update on "N/A Gate". My application is now being processed and awaiting a case officer. They have returned my original docs and passport. They also returned my husband's supporting form as he didn't put N/A on a field either. Oh how we laughed (cried).

Back to the PO today and resent. This application must rate poorly for carbon footprint
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey you must have had a bit of a jobsworth, I don't recall putting n/a on any forms and they've all gone through to the case officer

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Aug 10th 2017 at 2:49 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Update on "N/A Gate". My application is now being processed and awaiting a case officer. They have returned my original docs and passport. They also returned my husband's supporting form as he didn't put N/A on a field either. Oh how we laughed (cried).

Back to the PO today and resent. This application must rate poorly for carbon footprint
Oh dear. At least with mine, they returned my application and my partner's support form together to complete the "N/A"s. Along with our passports and docs.

Unfortunately however, 2 weeks later and according to the Post Office's tracking, it's still "on the way to Auckland". I cry a little each day...
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear. At least with mine, they returned my application and my partner's support form together to complete the "N/A"s. Along with our passports and docs.

Unfortunately however, 2 weeks later and according to the Post Office's tracking, it's still "on the way to Auckland". I cry a little each day...
Have you used your tracking number for NZ post? I had the same thing at the start and it had actually been delivered
Old Aug 10th 2017, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Have you used your tracking number for NZ post? I had the same thing at the start and it had actually been delivered
Ooh, I didn't think about that. I'll try it once I get home from work. Fingers crossed it would have arrived this time last week, but I won't get my hopes up...
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Noooooo! Don't say that. I returned the sponsor form via royal mail this time instead of DHL (£8 vs £36). It had better get to INZ by the 21st!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Noooooo! Don't say that. I returned the sponsor form via royal mail this time instead of DHL (£8 vs £36). It had better get to INZ by the 21st!
I received the documents on the 27th. I mailed it back on the 28th. They gave me until the 4th. Tracking still says it hasn't arrived... I did try entering the tracking number on NZ Post but it says it's untrackable

Hopefully yours arrives on time! (But not before mine does, otherwise I'll be extremely annoyed at how unfair life is... )
Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

I regret not paying the extra for DHL now. NZ Post still says 'not trackable'. Seriously, what is the point?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.