Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Old Jul 17th 2017, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice
Default Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

I just had my application and all documents returned (via DHL) to me back to the UK after two weeks because I didn't put 'N/A or Not applicable' on the field 'your name in ethnic script'. Deciding whether to laugh, cry, or both.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

Originally Posted by MrsCakey
I just had my application and all documents returned (via DHL) to me back to the UK after two weeks because I didn't put 'N/A or Not applicable' on the field 'your name in ethnic script'. Deciding whether to laugh, cry, or both.
Ah mate that sucks.....laugh Long hard and maniacally rock in a
Corner for a bit then do
What you need to and re-send

Good luck

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Jul 17th 2017 at 4:57 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

I've finished weeping... now to find a black pen.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

I've finished weeping... now to find a black pen.
That's it mate, no retreat no surrender
Old Jul 17th 2017, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
That's it mate, no retreat no surrender
Old Jul 18th 2017, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Oh, you're kidding me... I didn't put N/A for anything. If it didn't apply, I just left it blank. It didn't even occur to me. FFS...

I think I'm going to cry.

Did they give you any notice before sending it back, or did you just receive it in the mail one day? Do you have to start fresh on the application, or can you just add N/A to where it's missing?

I'm so sorry
Old Jul 19th 2017, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

I had no notice apart from a text from DHL telling me to expect a package.

I hope the person checking my application was over zealous and hopefully you don't suffer the same fate.

Luckily you can just fill in the section they highlight. And at least now I have an application ref I can refer to if need be and it is 'in the system'. But, arghhhh all the same.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 10:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I had something very similar when applying for NZ citizenship. I left something or other blank and it was sent back to me to complete in my own fair hand.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

igorbristol is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Make sure you answer ALL questions on application

This reminds me
Old Jul 20th 2017, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by igorbristol
Brilliant. There is always a purpose to biscuits.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by igorbristol
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

I had no notice apart from a text from DHL telling me to expect a package.

I hope the person checking my application was over zealous and hopefully you don't suffer the same fate.

Luckily you can just fill in the section they highlight. And at least now I have an application ref I can refer to if need be and it is 'in the system'. But, arghhhh all the same.
Just received the same SMS from DHL this morning 😭

Thank you for managing my expectations early, otherwise I don't know what I'd be thinking right now...
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ria_

Thank you for managing my expectations early, otherwise I don't know what I'd be thinking right now...
This sucks What a waste of resources. I don't know why they can't email asking for specific pages to be resubmitted if it's just a case of missing fields.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

This sucks What a waste of resources. I don't know why they can't email asking for specific pages to be resubmitted if it's just a case of missing fields.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.
It really does feel super inefficient! If they have an online system in place for other types of visa applications, surely they could have something similar for just "filling in the blanks" if the application is missing fields.

Or, as you say, I wouldn't mind just printing off the page in question, filling it in, and then sending it off individually within an envelope. Rather than paying £15+ and waiting another couple weeks for it to make the journey again.

My passport is now more well-travelled than I am!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ria_

Don't panic...I got this text and it was just them sending back my original documents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.