Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Job Title Change - can I sign my contract

Job Title Change - can I sign my contract

Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

bramble22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Job Title Change - can I sign my contract

Hi everyone

I have been in NZ now for nearly 3 years on an Essential Visa and had started my EOI application about 6 months ago but my employer made a change to our role so I put everything on hold.

My employer has employed Fragomen Immigration Consultants to get my new Essential Visa etc but I didn't want to sign my new contract until my new visa is in my passport with the new job title.

I just got this note back from my HR department...

....the same ANZSCO classification applies and therefore a variation of conditions application is not required. Paula can move into the new role....

What do you guys think??? Value your opinion on whether I should wait or sign my contract, change my email signature at work

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 16th 2017, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Title Change - can I sign my contract

You need to hear this from Immigration, not your employer.

If Immigration inform you in writing that you can proceed with signing a new contract for a role that is different to the role that gave you the Essential Skills Work Visa in the first place then all good.
It is a condition of your visa that you inform Immigration of any changes before they happen so they can re-evaluate your eligibility of the visa you hold.....your responsibility......not your employers. Accepting a different role without Immigrations approval is a breach of your visa conditions.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 10:27 am
Just Joined

bramble22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
You need to hear this from Immigration, not your employer.

If Immigration inform you in writing that you can proceed with signing a new contract for a role that is different to the role that gave you the Essential Skills Work Visa in the first place then all good.
It is a condition of your visa that you inform Immigration of any changes before they happen so they can re-evaluate your eligibility of the visa you hold.....your responsibility......not your employers. Accepting a different role without Immigrations approval is a breach of your visa conditions.
Hi there,

Thank you for the advice, I did think I should take full responsibility that is why I thought it best to ask here....so I will go back and ask the company to get it in writing from Immigration

Old Jul 16th 2017, 10:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

they will just need to send in the offer and Immigration will approve or ask them to rewrite it.
MrF's first job offer needed 3 rewrites before Immigration accepted it