Interview has been scheduled!

Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice
Default Interview has been scheduled!

Hi all, a little update!

After loads of preparations on documents for ITA and several email correspondence with the CO, it finally comes to the interview!!! It will be scheduled on the 3rd week of Sep, do anyone have some tips for me?

Besides, I read through the past posts, only principal applicant will be interviewed, but my CO stress out the importance of my presence (my hubby is the principal, and we informed her that I may not be avaliable on that day becoz of work), and she said my absence may affect her final decision! Does anyone have same experience on that?

Really looking forward to have a meetup with you guys if we can sucessfully land NZ! You know, i'm not an active member but i used to "read" it several times a week, and highly impressed by the supportive environment here!!!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview has been scheduled!

They like to interview you together to get a feel for your joint commitment in coming to NZ etc - can you not take some time off work, think its too important to miss personally.

Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:21 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

Does everyone have to have an interview then?
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Think it depends whether or not you have a job offer to go to, or whether you have enough points without. Certainly with a job offer we wernt interviewed, but i'm not sure if this is the norm.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:37 pm
Movin on

skends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to beholdskends is a splendid one to behold

Submitted our ITA today - so will wait and see. Got job, theyre waiting very patiently - if we have to go to london for an interview as well, then that adds more time to our eventual departure.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interviews are normally carried out over the telephone, particularly if you live a long way - but if you have a job offer they might not interview you anyway.

My husbands employer waited since last NOvember, when he went over, our PR came through in March and the day before that my husband was rushed into hospital with a ruptured appendix. So actually only went over on 26th July, and they waited all that time - dont know of a UK company would wait that long.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 7:04 pm
Movin on

Gosh, thats bad luck - but yes - i agree, a UK company probably wouldnt wait
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fele
do anyone have some tips for me?

only principal applicant will be interviewed, but my CO stress out the importance of my presence (my hubby is the principal, and we informed her that I may not be avaliable on that day becoz of work), and she said my absence may affect her final decision! Does anyone have same experience on that?
I think that you should do everything in your power to be there for the interview with the CO - as they have already stressed to you the importance of your presence, do you want to risk not being there and a No to your application just because of that?

After all the money you have paid on your EOI, ITA, medicals etc etc - you should try and take the time off work to be there.

As for tips - I guess the only thing is to be honest - if you are honest about your reasons for immigrating to NZ, your enthusiasm for wanting to live in NZ and contribute towards the country, you can't really go wrong I would have thought.

Good luck!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

fele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nicefele is just really nice

Thanks all! I'll take a day off to attend the interview then! For sure, will update u guys after the interview, hopefully good news!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:29 pm
Movin on

good luck.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 12:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You should not get an interview if you have a job offer. Interviews are only for those without a job offer, the aim is to determine whether you can 'fit' into NZ.
Interviews are generally over the phone as well so usually no need to travel for it.
Do a search on here for the usual questions and have prepared answers.
It's really not that bad though it's understandably nerve wracking
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

I had a phone interview, and the best advice I ever received was to prepare your answers (as best you can anyway). On here, there are loads of 'interview' questions if you search. I had loads of sheets of A4 paper across the table with research on - jobs available, graphs with percentage jobs available over the last year in my field, school information in my chosen area, examples of salaries and so on and so forth. You never know what they will ask, but I was prepared and they seemed impressed when I quoted percentage increases in jobs advertised etc. (some might say it was too much research, but I was determined to do well, it worked for me.). The wife was there, just in case, but she never got asked a single question.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

the day before interview: can't sleep and eat well. though ppl around always saying that it's informal and CO is nice, but still can't comfort myself to clam down a bit =_=
Old Sep 11th 2012, 9:59 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

good luck, if you feel nervous just let them know I'm sure they are fully aware how people are feeling and hopefully they will put you at ease.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Good luck fele, maybe take some rescue remedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.