Immigration Finger?! Is there a cure?!

Old May 31st 2009, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Finger?! Is there a cure?!

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
Snap thats how we feel too
I am glad its not just me then!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all

I can assure you that immigration finger is a serious complaint.. in fact, I myself suffer from it, and despite having been to several doctors, have not yet been advised of any cure.

Please let me know if you hear of one, I'm almost down to the knuckle on my right index finger. Blood all over the keyboard and everything.

Helen.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy
I can assure you that immigration finger is a serious complaint.. in fact, I myself suffer from it, and despite having been to several doctors, have not yet been advised of any cure.

Please let me know if you hear of one, I'm almost down to the knuckle on my right index finger. Blood all over the keyboard and everything.

Helen.
Sorry I have not heard of any cure!! Try baby wipes on your keyboard they wipe blood up a treat!!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

helenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to allhelenlhoppy is a name known to all

Good thinking Batman... thanks, will do!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm seeing the odd case of Immigration Finger Syndrome out there & nowhere to confess the ailment.

Thread re-opened.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 1:48 am
`

Anymore cases of Immigration Finger Syndrome out there presently?

I read of it but it seems to have become a hidden ailment.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:07 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I think they're all in denial. We can all spot them but no one's going to admit to it - and that is the first step on the road to recovery.

It is a known fact that the condition can be mysteriously and immediately cured by the simple addition of sticky blue paper to a particular type of official document
Old Jun 16th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Persephone
I think they're all in denial. We can all spot them but no one's going to admit to it - and that is the first step on the road to recovery.

It is a known fact that the condition can be mysteriously and immediately cured by the simple addition of sticky blue paper to a particular type of official document
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

just logged in to immigration for the 2nd time today!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Originally Posted by RobDon
RobDon, you have the 'magical' blue stickers already...what makes you go to NZIS website so regularly?

I wish I was at the point where I had a reason to check for the wonderful 'approved' word!

In my own limbo waiting for a medical-delayed work visa. Will submit EOI once I know the medical was accepted.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jjsebba
RobDon, you have the 'magical' blue stickers already...what makes you go to NZIS website so regularly?
This is a very old thread, from 2009 when we were waiting just like you.
This thread has been resurrected by Bevs because so many people are still suffering from it and need our help and support to get through it!!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:19 pm
`

Originally Posted by jjsebba
RobDon, you have the 'magical' blue stickers already.
Please check Robdon's timeline.

.what makes you go to NZIS website so regularly?
Ah ! There you have it. It's called Immigration Finger Syndrome.

Robdon explained it way back in 2009.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration finger will run its course within an arbitary six month period. Symptoms can however persist for much longer, with many long term sufferers having the slow progressive strain which can last up to eighteen month.

Patients reacts differently to the news of carrying immigration finger and can go through the various stages of the disease until acceptance is achieved.

The first stage is disbelief. Most people are shocked that it could happen to them and this can lead to periods of extreme anxiety especially about the unknown. Despair and anger are also common and often accompanied by feelings of concern that perhaps the person has done something wrong to deserve this.

Some individuals use humour as a psychological defence mechanism; whilst others will become helpless and often start to bargain with various deities. This first stage usually lasts from a few days to a few weeks.

The second stage is depression which is usually a reaction to the diagnosis. The depression is mild to moderate in intensity and needs family support, often accompanied by cake, chocolate and alcohol. Only in rare cases is any type of medical therapy required.

The duration of the depression can last for several weeks but soon fades as the person moves through to the final stage of acceptance and the blue sticking plaster is finally applied.

Sadly for some the unpleasant syptoms will persist long after the sticky blue plaster has been applied and long term conditions can occur.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
just logged in to immigration for the 2nd time today!

Honestly, I think you're getting a bit overly concerned. Yours is only the very mild form at this stage and you have a long way to go before the full symptoms develop.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
This is a very old thread, from 2009 when we were waiting just like you.
This thread has been resurrected by Bevs because so many people are still suffering from it and need our help and support to get through it!!
I did this a lot when I got the blue stickers.
Now just waiting for the 2 years before I can get the restriction removed, then another 3 before I can get citizenship, and then another 6 months before I can get a passport - it's a long stretch ahead!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.