Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

how EOI's are selected with less than 140 points

how EOI's are selected with less than 140 points

Old Nov 4th 2012, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how EOI's are selected with less than 140 points

SM3.15 Selection of Expressions of Interest

1. As Expressions of Interest are entered into the Pool they will be ranked on the basis of total points claimed for employability and capacity building factors in accordance with Skilled Migrant (Application) Policy. The ranking of Expressions of Interest relative to each other will change as Expressions of Interest enter, or are withdrawn from, the Pool.

2. Expressions of Interest in the Skilled Migrant Category Pool are selected from that Pool periodically on the Government's behalf by the Department of Labour.
3. Selections from the Pool after 21 December 2005 are made in the following manner:

1. Expressions of Interest that have total points of 140 or more are selected automatically from the Pool;

2. Expressions of Interest that have total points of 100 or more but less than 140, and include points for the principal applicant's offer of skilled employment or current skilled employment in New Zealand, are selected (according to their points ranking) in sufficient numbers to meet the requirements of the Skilled/Business Stream of the New Zealand Residence Programme (NZRP) at the time of that selection (subject to any adjustment to the number or distribution of places in the NZRP determined by the Government).

4. If, following the selection process set out at (c) above, further places are available in the Skilled/Business Stream of the NZRP at the time of that selection (subject to any adjustment to the number or distribution of places in the NZRP determined by the Government), additional Expressions of Interest may be selected from the Pool on the basis of criteria set from time to time by the Minister of Immigration, having regard to the objectives of the Skilled Migrant Category. Those criteria are specified at SM3.15.1.

SM3.15.1 Additional selection criteria

1. The following additional selection criteria apply for the purposes of SM3.15(d), for selections from the Pool occurring until 31 July 2009 inclusive.

2. Expressions of Interest will be selected by applying the criteria in the order in which they appear in (i) – (iv), to the extent necessary to satisfy any exercise of the discretion under SM3.15 (d):

1. Expressions of Interest that include 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage (in descending order of their points total);

2. Expressions of Interest that include 10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage (in descending order of their points total);

3. Expressions of Interest that include 10 points for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage (in descending order of their points total);

4. the points total of Expressions of Interest not meeting any of the criteria in (i) – (iii) (in descending order).

Hi
the previous thread has been closed, so I'm starting a new post and have few queries. so lets say if anyone who has less than 140 points, but is gaining
10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage &
10 points for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage. how are the chances of being selected from the pool ? ? thanks in advance
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how EOI's are selected with less than 140 points

Originally Posted by sriraksha
Hi
the previous thread has been closed, so I'm starting a new post and have few queries. so lets say if anyone who has less than 140 points, but is gaining
10 points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage &
10 points for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage. how are the chances of being selected from the pool ? ? thanks in advance [/COLOR][/COLOR]

depends on how many where pulled with 140 and what your actual points score is. please see previous draws for details on what points score where drawn.
here is the last draw details:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...et20121017.pdf
Old Nov 4th 2012, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
depends on how many where pulled with 140 and what your actual points score is. please see previous draws for details on what points score where drawn.
here is the last draw details:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...et20121017.pdf
Hi
I have been through the EOI selections for every fortnightly draw. we only get the numbers stating above/below 140, onshore/offshore. they don't provide the professions being picked up with respect to their points and work experience/job offer/skills. it would be great if they provide this information too.....
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:25 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

from the EOI perspective it doesn't matter what profession it is it just matters about the amount of points you have.
It does state how many have been picked with job offers, with work experience in skills shortage.
Can't see how they can provide minute details like which professions were listed in the chosen EOI's as it would be time consuming and costly and in that make the processing time even longer.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
from the EOI perspective it doesn't matter what profession it is it just matters about the amount of points you have.
It does state how many have been picked with job offers, with work experience in skills shortage.
Can't see how they can provide minute details like which professions were listed in the chosen EOI's as it would be time consuming and costly and in that make the processing time even longer.
Concur with this post.

It's a numbers game. You either have what is needed for any draw from the pool, or you haven't.

Looking at the previous draws is the best way to ascertain your chances.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

rehanazeem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am a Telecommunication Engineer, in NZ Shortage and absolute shortage skill, looking to apply for NZ immigration experience of 4+ years. I have overall band of IELTS 7.0 with 6.5 each minimum.

My query is my partner/spouse has done Doctor of Pharmacy and with 2+ years experience, currently what is the minimum IELTS band required for partner to gain points for Immigration ? For being the principle applicant its 6.5 overall but what is the minimum band in each ?

Looking towards prompt response.

Regards
Rehan
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by rehanazeem
My query is my partner/spouse has done Doctor of Pharmacy and with 2+ years experience, currently what is the minimum IELTS band required for partner to gain points for Immigration ? For being the principle applicant its 6.5 overall but what is the minimum band in each ?

Rehan
for partners

"You have a recent IELTS certificate with an overall band score of 5 or better in the General or Academic modules."

taken from http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...apply/english/
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Dear MrsFychan

Thank you very much for showing concern and guiding me. Well for partner not applying as principal applicant its 5.0 Band overall, but if someone wants to gain more points for partner ( as principal applicant, even shows on point indicator ) the overall band is same , which is 6.5 overall, but I need to confirm, what will be the minimum required in each band either its 6.0 or 5.5 or 5.0 ?

Moreover, do NZ Immigration accept pre qualification work experience or only post qualification working experience is acceptable. i.e. if the degree completed in 2008 but have working experience from 2006 then will they accept it from 2008 or from 2006 ?

Please see the link:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...erequirements/

Thanks

Rehan
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:39 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

There is a specific question on the points calcualator IIRC asking if your partner would meet the principle applicant level of English (ie 6.5), so extra points if that is the case.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Dear Simonsi

Thanks for your email. Yes you are right regarding 6.5 but what is the minimum in each band required ?

IIRC shows nothing regarding post qualification and pre qualification ?

Regards
Rehan