Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Old May 5th 2014, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

virgoleonz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Henderson Branch (AKL) SMC processing time

Originally Posted by lilie
Thank you.

Now hopefully, we'll get the new visa soon!
Before your CO asks for more documentation, what documents did you provides when you lodge your application appart from your employment agreement?

I join with it my offer job letter and a letter from my employer which describes my duties and responsabilities.
Hi Lillie any updates on your situation....from my side all the documents she wanted were in her in box by 530 pm on 1st May...meanwhileat all times
Old May 6th 2014, 12:12 am
Just Joined

lilie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi virgoleonz,
No news at all. We still have 2 pending visa: work and residency.

It has been almost 3 weeks now since her first email and no further documentation have been asked to me or my employer...
I'm thinking of sending an email to ask for update but on the other side, I know they tell you if something moves, so I don't want to get on her nerves with demanding email on my case.

I keep telling myself that she probably has everything she needs at the moment which would be a good reason for her not getting in touch with me, but the fact that she haven't contacted my employer yet, worries me a bit..
Old May 10th 2014, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

I just have my new work visa approved for 6 more months. I emailed my CO to get some update on my application.
She answered 10 min later that our application was still undergoing some verification by the verification team. and It could take approx. 15 days or more for the verification team to get back to her.

It been 4 weeks that she hold our files now.

so we keep waiting.
Old May 10th 2014, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lilie
Hi all,

I just have my new work visa approved for 6 more months. I emailed my CO to get some update on my application.
She answered 10 min later that our application was still undergoing some verification by the verification team. and It could take approx. 15 days or more for the verification team to get back to her.

It been 4 weeks that she hold our files now.

so we keep waiting.
Thats positive news...things are moving.. also have you noticed when you check your status online and if your Full Medical Date gets updated...i have read about it...it could mean that every time IO or CO touches your file the date of your full medical changes to the date when your file was accessed...In my case the date changed when IO was looking to issue me work visa.
It has changed again on 8th of May 2014....exactly 1 week after we submitted all the documents my CO demanded. i have no idea what is the result of this but indicates the motion of the process....meanwhile........ fingers crossed at all times

Last edited by virgoleonz; May 10th 2014 at 7:50 am.
Old May 10th 2014, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Yep!

As you say, things are moving so it is really positive!
About the medical check date, I know it changed 2 days after I lodged my residency application, then it changed 2 days after we submitted our new work visa application. I just checked now and it is still at the 24 April, but I will definitively keep an eye on it.

Thank you for the tip.

Finger crossed for your application too. please keep me updated too.
Old May 12th 2014, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Let's hope it is not too much longer all round. You've had a heck of a wait.
Old May 12th 2014, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

oh yeah, that the least I can say...
Old May 22nd 2014, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

bmine2nyt is an unknown quantity at this point

@virgoleonz @lilie

Who is your case officer?

My Case Officer email me for the 1st time last May 13 2014 she said The Application is undergoing the routine verification process.

Ask me to provide 3 months Pay slips and IRD statement.

I emailed the req. documents ASAP, but till now no reply from my CO.

My CO name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Senior Immigration Office - Henderson

Last edited by Persephone; Aug 25th 2014 at 1:56 pm. Reason: Removed CO name
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
We know it's long. Mine asked me not to ask for update every now and then, through it has been 5 weeks that she has my application and still no news.

In your case: Did your CO ask you those documents in the first email? or in a second one?
How long have you been working in the position you send your application under?

Cheers, and good luck to you too
Old May 29th 2014, 4:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bmine2nyt
@virgoleonz @lilie

Who is your case officer?

My Case Officer email me for the 1st time last May 13 2014 she said The Application is undergoing the routine verification process.

Ask me to provide 3 months Pay slips and IRD statement.

I emailed the req. documents ASAP, but till now no reply from my CO.

My CO name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Senior Immigration Office - Henderson
Hi Bemine2nyt,
have you heard from your CO?

Last edited by Persephone; Aug 25th 2014 at 1:57 pm. Reason: removed CO name from the quote
Old Aug 20th 2014, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys, Good News my Resident Visa was approved in Principle on 5th Aug, its awesome, stress is gone....i feel lighter and of course more happier now....All the best to ones waiting for their decisions...
Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:39 am
Just Joined

khullar roselyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default processing time of second person check

Hi all,
I am new to this forum need advise please. I have applied for my nz residency under the smc. my co has made his decision and my application is with the second person check. its been almost 6 weeks that I have not heard anything after that. could someone please explain me about the roles and duties and time frame of the second person check.could the first co decline the application without giving a chance to comment and forward to the second person? can second person decline the application
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:00 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: processing time of second person check

Originally Posted by khullar roselyn
Hi all,
I am new to this forum need advise please. I have applied for my nz residency under the smc. my co has made his decision and my application is with the second person check. its been almost 6 weeks that I have not heard anything after that. could someone please explain me about the roles and duties and time frame of the second person check.could the first co decline the application without giving a chance to comment and forward to the second person? can second person decline the application
did the first CO not tell you what their decision was? Yes the second check can decline your application even if the first check accepts it.

I would personally email the first CO and ask them what the timeline for second check is
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

khullar roselyn is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think that the first co will tell the decision before finalize the application. could you please tell me can first case officer decline the application nwithout giving a chance to comment and send to second person ?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 12:32 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

our first CO told is she was putting us through to be approved but it was down to the second check adviser to authorised the approval.

On being declined I am not sure as we were not declined. I would imaging if you are declined there would be an explanation but that would be me assuming that would be the fair thing to do but it is also entirely possible that they may not give an explanation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.