Help Needed regarding SMC

Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:40 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Needed regarding SMC

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Mrs F the 165 is on your sticky post
Which one?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:12 am
Just Joined

hifihunk is an unknown quantity at this point

If NZQA assesses our qualification then which authority assesses our professional experience?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 8:40 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hifihunk
Dear MrsFychan
I have completed my PAR with application #304552-1, now Im planning to lodge an IQA request but I need to clear few points before hand in order to avoid any delay during my application process in future. As my purpose of lodging IQA is for immigration,
1. Do I have to send any document through post or everything will be done on email.
2. How will i tell NZQA that im applying under LTSSL to get the bonus points.
3. If my qualification awarding institute refuses to send an email directly to NZQA, what should I do in that case.
4. Will I get the assessment result on email or a hard copy via courier/post.

Please see this:
International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) » NZQA
Old Oct 9th 2017, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Today i have submitted my application for IQA assessment, please pray for me for a positive outcome.

Best Wishes,
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
please check my attached IQA report and guide me whether i can claim bonus points under LTSSL alongwith 70 points for my masters degree.
Attached Thumbnails Help Needed regarding SMC-untitled.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure you only claim the bonus points for your highest level which will be the level 9
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Pretty sure you only claim the bonus points for your highest level which will be the level 9
you mean to say 70 points for my master degree and 15 points for LTSSL as i have more than 10 years of relevant experience.
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 6:31 pm

this is my understanding as well, you can only claim bonus points on one qualification and it needs to match the criteria for the visa
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 4:18 am
Just Joined

this is my understanding as well, you can only claim bonus points on one qualification and it needs to match the criteria for the visa
Dear MrsFychan and inkedneonurse
Can you please check below my detailed points calculation and confirm whether im doing it right or not keeping in view my IQA result.

Points=30

Education:
MBA (IT) Level 9, Points=70
BSCS Level 7 (eligible for LTSSL bonus points on the basis of this degree as per IQA)
LTSSL Points=15

Experience:
Total 10 years of IT experience in the Systems and Networks Field started in August 2007 and still working.
Points=50

Total Points=165
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

You can use the Level 9 as the main qualification in the application - 70 points.

To claim bonus points in LTSSL you MUST meet all the requirements of the actual occupation you are claiming for. You cannot use a Level 9 degree qualification as it is too high a Level, so if you are only specifying one Masters qualification in the application then you will NOT be able to claim the LTSSL bonus points as LTSSL requires a Level 7 recognized degree.
If you subsequently have a matching Level 7 Bachelors degree and it is either recognized (exempt) or has been assessed as equivalent to a Level 7 degree on the NZQF then you can use that degree just to meet the requirements of the LTSSL bonus points and claim them.

Conclusion - points total 165 seems good to me.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 7:13 am

yep looks like 165 to me also. you just need to make sure that the bonus points you want to claim for the bonus points for level 7 is exact requirement under the job description you are applying under.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

yep looks like 165 to me also. you just need to make sure that the bonus points you want to claim for the bonus points for level 7 is exact requirement under the job description you are applying under.
Originally Posted by escapedtonz
You can use the Level 9 as the main qualification in the application - 70 points.

To claim bonus points in LTSSL you MUST meet all the requirements of the actual occupation you are claiming for. You cannot use a Level 9 degree qualification as it is too high a Level, so if you are only specifying one Masters qualification in the application then you will NOT be able to claim the LTSSL bonus points as LTSSL requires a Level 7 recognized degree.
If you subsequently have a matching Level 7 Bachelors degree and it is either recognized (exempt) or has been assessed as equivalent to a Level 7 degree on the NZQF then you can use that degree just to meet the requirements of the LTSSL bonus points and claim them.

Conclusion - points total 165 seems good to me.
thanks escapedtonz and MrsFychan for your reply, one thing which is bothering me is as under:

Education:
BSCS 2006
MBA(IT) 2014

Experience:
Network Administrator
01-August-2007 to 30-October-2010
Messaging Services Officer
12-February-2011 to currently working

as you can see from above dates that i have gained my masters degree during my job in 2014, so the CO will consider my experience from 2007 to present or will consider it 2014 to present.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hifihunk
thanks escapedtonz and MrsFychan for your reply, one thing which is bothering me is as under:

Education:
BSCS 2006
MBA(IT) 2014

Experience:
Network Administrator
01-August-2007 to 30-October-2010
Messaging Services Officer
12-February-2011 to currently working

as you can see from above dates that i have gained my masters degree during my job in 2014, so the CO will consider my experience from 2007 to present or will consider it 2014 to present.
Post qualification work experience is only considered for the LTSSL bonus points otherwise all qualifying years of experience are counted.
For Network Administrator (263112) you need a minimum 3 years post qualification experience to satisfy the LTSSL requirement.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Post qualification work experience is only considered for the LTSSL bonus points otherwise all qualifying years of experience are counted.
For Network Administrator (263112) you need a minimum 3 years post qualification experience to satisfy the LTSSL requirement.
Thanks bro i have sent you a pm please check.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 6:59 am
Just Joined

I have been rejected a USA visit visa last year, now i have applied my INZ EOI with 165 points but the thing i am concerned about that i have answered “NO” for the question:

“B12. Have you ever been refused entry to any country, including New Zealand?”

i answered it No because i thought there is difference between visa refusal and entry refusal. now i need your opinion that i really made a mess with my EOI or not, and should I state my USA visa refusal in ITA if i receive it.