Got a job offer!!!!

Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

pikefish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got a job offer!!!!

Hi all,

My first post. I got a job offer yesterday from an Accredited employer. Absolutely fantastic news for us (me, wife and 3 year old girl). Now the panic has set in! We have already arranged our medicals and I'm going to put in for my police checks shortly.

I've got one question which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with. I'm sure I'd read somewhere before that you could apply for your Accredited Talent visa AND PR at the same time. We've had out EOI in for the last month or so and I was hoping to run both applications at same time so we can get PR through quicker than usual 24 months you would normally have to wait with the Accredited Talent visa.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Pikefish
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a job offer!!!!

Can't help but just wanted to say congratulations and good luck
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:14 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pikefish
Hi all,

My first post. I got a job offer yesterday from an Accredited employer. Absolutely fantastic news for us (me, wife and 3 year old girl). Now the panic has set in! We have already arranged our medicals and I'm going to put in for my police checks shortly.

I've got one question which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with. I'm sure I'd read somewhere before that you could apply for your Accredited Talent visa AND PR at the same time. We've had out EOI in for the last month or so and I was hoping to run both applications at same time so we can get PR through quicker than usual 24 months you would normally have to wait with the Accredited Talent visa.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Pikefish
Well done! OH also has a job offer from an accredited employer and I have put just that Q to NZIS, I´ll let you know their answer....
Old Jun 11th 2010, 9:25 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Well the question and answer were this:

"My wife is applying under the WTR/Talent/Accredited stream and I am applying under the Family/Partner stream.

When is the earliest after arrival in New Zealand we can apply for Residence? and

Will we need to submit new medicals/police certificates at that time or do the 24mth age rule apply that is mention on the Work Visa application form?"
and the answer is:

"If you are granted a work to residence visa under the talent, accredited employer than on arrival into New Zealand you would be issued a work to residence permit for 30 months. 24 of those months you need to work for the employer you have been issued the visa for and once you have completed your 24 months of your permit than the remainder 6 months is to process your residency application. Under the work to residence category you are only eligible to lodge your residency application once you have completed 24 months with the accredited employer.

When lodging the residency application you would require new medical's and police certificates."
Now I >think< the situation may still be that IF your (or OH's occupation) is on the LTSSL then you are still entitled to apply for PR in parallel under the skilled migrant category, if you have enough points etc then that application will proceed. If you have no occupation link to the LTSSL or otherwise don't have enough points then obviously WTR is the ONLY option you have to get to residency. We have done it this way as we have no way to progress a PR application within the job offer timeframes given the selection is fortnightly etc etc.

So I think I need to phrase a better question.... think think think
Old Jun 13th 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

pikefish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Can't help but just wanted to say congratulations and good luck
Many thanks!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:52 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Welcome & Good luck

Dewb