Marriage--Visa--Residency

Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

diggerbow1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage--Visa--Residency

Please please can someone help and advise me???
Scenario...Im 50 and in the UK and my fiancé is in New Zealand (a resident).
I want to go back and we want to marry on the 8th July.
can anyone tell me what sort of Visa I can apply for and how???
Thank you
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:17 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage--Visa--Residency

Hi and welcome to BE

you would need to get a partnership visa

Partner

Partnership requirements
For a partner to be included in a residence application, we must be satisfied that:
you’ve been living together in a genuine and stable relationship for 12 months or more
you’re both aged 18 years or over, or if you’re aged between 16 and 18 years and you have the support of your parents or guardians
and
you met before you made your residence application
and
you’re not relatives.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

We plan on marrying as soon as I step back into NZ as she wants me to be with her forever and I feel the same. Would I not come under the Cultural Marriage system where I have 3 months to get married and subject my application?
My attendance in NZ was cut short by my brothers near fatal bike accident and I had to come home as I thought he was going to die. If that unfortunate accident never happened I would've never gone back to the UK obviously.
If I marry surely that's showing the NZ Government I wish to fully commit myself to genuinely stay in NZ?
We did live together for a period of time and have proof from friends and relatives plus a Landlord....Thanks for anyones help??
Old Mar 19th 2015, 11:16 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

never heard of the Cultural Marriage system so if you could give link to it it may give some light on the matter
Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
never heard of the Cultural Marriage system so if you could give link to it it may give some light on the matter
V3.35 Entry to New Zealand for the purpose of culturally arranged marriage

Try this Mrs F x
Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:12 am

cheers, so I'm reading that as arranged marriages ?? so unless someone else has made the the partnership and arrangements for the wedding it can't be used for more traditional weddings, - we met in a pub/through friends/at work etc and fell in love ?
Old Mar 20th 2015, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

I'm sure V3.35 mentions if a person wants to marry a New Zealand citizen they will possibly grant the person a Visitors visa.....Correct me please if I'm wrong. Thank you
Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:30 pm

you can stay up to 6mths on a normal visitors visa as long as you have an outbound flight booked which I assume you may also need for the 3mth one you mentioned ?