Flight or visa first??????????????

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Flight or visa first??????????????

Originally Posted by jjsebba
Clair and Deley...WE HAVE OUR VISAS!!!! Somehow, I got though the MA unscathed. Had nightmares of having to go through TB tests which take 6-8 weeks!!!! NOT ANY MORE!!!!

..... and that is brilliant. You must have found an NZIS case officer with a sensible head on them. What a relief.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Clair_Hanan is an unknown quantity at this point

Clair and Deley...WE HAVE OUR VISAS!!!! Somehow, I got though the MA unscathed. Had nightmares of having to go through TB tests which take 6-8 weeks!!!! NOT ANY MORE!!!!
Thanks for all the support guys! We should def meet up when we get there!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH WELL DONE

I'm so happy for you!!! Glad no flights needed to be delayed!!!!!!

I've got one more week at work + then I can start packing + then goooo!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Thanks BEVS. You and the other mods have all been super helpful all along and of course all the other forumers too! Thanks!
Yes, me, Clair, Deley and HeatherGirl have had fun chatting on here.
I hope to catch up with them on the other side!

Originally Posted by BEVS
Afternoon to you lot on this thread.

As you've been having a good chat and supporting each other, I've kept out of butting into the conversation . It's lovely when I see a thread like this. Same as that Silver Fern thread. Everyone helping everyone.

Just wanted to say congrats to jjsebba and clair_hannan on gaining your visas & for those waiting in limbo.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Jjsebba & clair_Hanan THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

So happy its all turned out brilliantly for you

HeatherGirl, hope you get sorted out soon and I certainly know what that limbo land feels like, keep us updated.

Have a question for you which I am hoping you might be able to clear up for me or maybe Bevs will know the answer to.
I have been told (can't remember who by so maybe dreamt it?) that if you ship your belongings on a temp work visa then you will be liable to pay a lot of money in tax to New Zealand customs, is this true??? Are we best waiting for residency before shipping our stuff over????

Thank you all
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 1:46 am
`

Originally Posted by Deley
Have a question for you which I am hoping you might be able to clear up for me or maybe Bevs will know the answer to.
I have been told (can't remember who by so maybe dreamt it?) that if you ship your belongings on a temp work visa then you will be liable to pay a lot of money in tax to New Zealand customs, is this true?
No. This is not true.

Are we best waiting for residency before shipping our stuff over????
Thank you all
No need to.

Originally Posted by NZ Customs
Household items If you are an immigrant, or a resident returning to New Zealand after 21 months or more overseas, you will be entitled to certain concessions on household items and similar possessions that you wish to bring in. These household concessions do not apply to motor vehicles, boats, aircraft, or commercial goods.In order to claim concessions you will need to establish certain qualifications – such as your right to residence.
Right to Residence - below

Originally Posted by NZ customs
The term ‘document authorising residence’ means any of the following:
  • a New Zealand passport
  • an Australian passport
  • a current New Zealand residence visa, or a current New Zealand returning resident’s visa
  • a current permanent residence visa (including a resident return visa) issued by the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia
  • a current New Zealand work visa issued for a minimum of 12 months
  • a current New Zealand work visa issued under the Work to Residency (Skilled Migrant Category) policy or the Long Term Business Visa category
  • a current New Zealand visitor’s visa issued for a minimum of three years.*
* Note. A visa issued for three years is a document which permits the holder to stay in New Zealand for a full three years. This is distinct from a three-year multiple entry visa. This type of document permits travel to New Zealand within a given three year period, but for no more than six months at a time, and for no more than 18 months overall. A three-year multiple entry visa does not meet the requirements to be a document authorising residence.

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the support guys! We should def meet up when we get there!
Congratulations Glad to hear you've got them after all the stress you must have been through the last few days
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:54 am
`

Originally Posted by Persephone
Congratulations Glad to hear you've got them after all the stress you must have been through the last few days
I was making our evening meal and suddenly thought what an excellent example this is to all others looking on and who worry about medicals that could go for referrals.

We've seen borderline BMI time and time again & cholesterol. We've even seen it for blummin' growing pains for goodness sake.

This time though, common sense has won through . An unknown nodule on the lung is caught in xray and all is still well.

Makes me happy does that and is especially good for others coming along behind.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Deley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond reputeDeley has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Bevs for clearing that up for me, really appreciate your help