looking for help/advice

Old Dec 10th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

fuzzyduck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for help/advice

My fiance is currently working in New Zealand for a farming contractor driving a tractor. He is on a temporary works visa. He is speaking about becoming a permenant resident. He had a temporary works visa 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 both for 6months for a different contractor.

So basically what does he need to do to become a permenant resident and can i apply for a partner visa?
Old Dec 10th 2017, 6:07 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for help/advice

Hi and welcome to BE.

he could apply for a skilled occupation

Agricultural and Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator Visa Options – Skill Shortage Lists, Immigration New Zealand

so he would need to do the points calculator and get 160+ to be able to apply
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ator-smc-28aug
Old Dec 11th 2017, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuzzyduck

can i apply for a partner visa?
Only if you are an NZ Citizen or Permanent resident and he has lived with you for more than 12 months in a genuine and stable relationship; which you can provide evidence of.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership
Old Dec 14th 2017, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Im really confused with the whole visa process. His job isnt on the skills shortage list. So to get a visa to stay would he need a job to get a visa?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 6:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Im really confused with the whole visa process. His job isnt on the skills shortage list. So to get a visa to stay would he need a job to get a visa?
depends on the visa.

As I linked below, does that description fit what he does? how many points does he get?
are you living with him atm? how can you show you are in a committed relationship and your lives run together on a day to day basis?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 7:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My fiance is currently working in New Zealand for a farming contractor driving a tractor. He is on a temporary works visa.
What is his current visa status? Start date - Finish date.

Does his employer support / sponsor an application towards NZ residency?

Is the work permanent/long term or is it a seasonal temporary contract?

So basically what does he need to do to become a permanant resident and can i apply for a partner visa?
Do you live together ?
Have you ever lived together?
Are you in New Zealand?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
What is his current visa status? Start date - Finish date.

Does his employer support / sponsor an application towards NZ residency?

Is the work permanent/long term or is it a seasonal temporary contract?

Do you live together ?
Have you ever lived together?
Are you in New Zealand?

Its a short term visa until may 2018 but his contract is up on 2nd april. Hes a seasonal worker. The visas hes had previously have been the same.

yes we live together in UK. Weve lived together for 6years, been together 12years. Ive only ever been to New Zealand on holiday.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:58 pm
`

Its a short term visa until may 2018 but his contract is up on 2nd april. Hes a seasonal worker. The visas hes had previously have been the same.
Is the employer willing to offer long-term permanent work?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Is the employer willing to offer long-term permanent work?
No i dont think they are looking for a full time worker only seasonal.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:18 pm
`

No i dont think they are looking for a full time worker only seasonal.
Then I am not sure why he feels he can apply for NZ residency.
He has no permanent job offer and the occupation is not on any shortage list.
He does not qualify for the South Island Contribution visa either.

What visa route is he thinking about please?

What are your ages?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Then I am not sure why he feels he can apply for NZ residency.
He has no permanent job offer and the occupation is not on any shortage list.
He does not qualify for the South Island Contribution visa either.

What visa route is he thinking about please?

What are your ages?
I think he wants to get a full time job somewhere and for the employer to sponsor him for a visa. We're both in our 30's.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 9:49 pm
`

I think he wants to get a full time job somewhere and for the employer to sponsor him for a visa. We're both in our 30's.
An employer cannot just offer him full time work as this occupation is not in shortage. The employer would likely need to be NZIS accredited. The job offer long term & permanent. Even then the rate of pay may be an issue.

Does he do other than drive tractors on farms? What does he do when not in NZ.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

yes we live together in UK. Weve lived together for 6years, been together 12years. Ive only ever been to New Zealand on holiday.
Sorry I thought you were asking if you could get him a Partner visas based on you already having a visa or right to live and work in NZ; so you can forget what I said above.

He needs to get permanent or longer-term residency status himself in order for you to be eligible for a supporting partner visa.

You need to work out which one of you has most chance of meeting requirements or being successful in obtaining a visa in your own right in order to support the other. Check out you your own skills and qualifications to see if there's any merit in you becoming the Principal applicant - particularly if you have higher level of qualifications or better chance of securing permanent skilled work than him.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for all your help. Im still confused over the whole visa situation and the differences between them all.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you for all your help. Im still confused over the whole visa situation and the differences between them all.
It all depends on your personal circumstances and level of qualifications and is quite easy to eliminate the ones you are not eligible for.

What level of skills and qualifications do you or your partner have? What is yours and his highest level of qualification? If he doesn't have any formal qualifications then it's most unlikely you can meet the requirements.

If he can fulfill the criteria for a work visa than then the most likely option would be an Essential Skills Work Visa (which is only temporary) https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...118.1514494129

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.