Family of Five Planning on Moving to NZ

Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Memsarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family of Five Planning on Moving to NZ

Dear All,

I have a few questions in relation to moving to New Zealand. I have just been offered a position and I am contemplating on accepting. I have looked at the cost of living and have seen that there are many threads and articles of how expensive everything is.

The company I shall be working for is providing a great package which includes relocation fees, VISAS for me and my dependents, apartment and car for a couple of weeks until i find my feet. I will be located in Auckland but have been advised to live outside the CBD and then look at travelling into work.

I have done a lot of research, looked at Countdown - New Zealand and did a sample shop, looked at the rental market and cost of general living.

I will be earning around $140,000 a year and wanted to know whether I could live on this. I know that it will depend on how we live.

Any advice would be great. I have never been to NZ but I do have a few friends there with a family who say it is amazing. But that might be a biased view.

Thanks for reading