Essential Skills and other questions

Old Oct 18th 2017, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

ivant74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Essential Skills and other questions

Hi Everyone,

My husband has been offered a job in NZ and we're about to apply for the Essential Skills visa. We have some questions that we hope some of you can help with resolving:

Processing times: Does anyone know how long are this visa takes to process, specially after the changes in August?

I am applying at the same time with my husband, will both visas take the same time to be processed? (My husband is not giving notice at his current job until we've been granted the visas).

Is there any risk of the visas getting rejected? My husband has been offered a job with the Ministry of Transport in Wellington (Unfortunately they are not an accredited employer) and this job is not in the Long Term Skills Shortage. Having said this, the Ministry is providing all the supporting letters and they said they have employed overseas people like this before.

Practical questions:

My husband has been offered $115.000 salary. Is this enough to live for a while (we are a couple with no children) until I get a job after we settle?

Thanks for your help and hopefully we'll be applying this or next week the latest.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:46 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential Skills and other questions

The visa would be granted on the length of time of the offer of employment or 5 years and as the salary is in the higher region you will be able to apply on the back of it. This is still a temp visa so please be aware of that.
Hi and welcome
They will have to prove that they have made all efforts to try and fill the role within both Islands and they have looked at training someone already in NZ to fulfil the role and have not able to fulfil it.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...skills-details

The salary is way above average so I am sure you will fine, especially as you do not have the added expense of child costs.