Essential Skills Advice Needed

Old Mar 14th 2017, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

miss polly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Essential Skills Advice Needed

Okay so hi everyone - Partner just received job offer from accredited employer for Wellington (may in future require other parts of NZ) but they want him over asap. Now 12mth visa app pretty simple, any longer and need chest x ray police check etc etc

Best friend lives in Auckland her advice is go for 12mths visa get him over to NZ then extend as required or apply for perm residency under myself, skilled migrant category. She said easier to do everything at NZ end just get him out and secure the job.

What do you guys think?

Maria. (Ps it's all happened real quick - he needs to go now kids n I (n dog) will follow in August.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 2:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Essential Skills Advice Needed

An NZIS accredited employer should be used to the NZIS visa processing times. They will also know the criteria and requirements for a visa.

IMO, you are better to submit your assorted visa applications as a family group all at the same time. It helps immigration.

You state applying for NZ residency under the skilled migrant category using your occupation. That really requires 160+ points. Would you have that or would that be job offer dependant to meet the 160+

Personally, as this is an accredited employer and provided he meets the salary requirement , I would go the Work to Residence route. Better safe than sorry.

If he doesn't meet the Work to Residence requirements ( salary/occupation) , then yes, one year visas for you all is the way to get you in and then you should go straight for residency via yourself.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Essential Skills Advice Needed

Thank you for response. I would have enough points 210 once we are in nz and partner is working. As for which visa I'm confused about the work to residency my friend in Auckland got a 12 mth working visa and once in nz working for accredited employer applied for wk to residency had her police check n medical in nz was much cheaper. You suggest going for work to residency if possible rather than 12mth visa but thought this led to the same thing? Just if l choose initial visa over 12th will waste time and money. I've trawled immigration nz and I'm still none the wiser. Am ready to hit send on the 12 month one thinking can do work to residency application in nz. Is this right? Losing the will.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 11:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you are certain of your points under the SMC then yes, a one year visa for you all will suffice per the last sentence in my other post.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 7:20 am
Just Joined

Thank you Bevs much appreciated.