Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
hi all,

I know that they are still selecting people from the pools BUT does anyone reckon that due to the slow down in ecomonies, NZ is reviewing its industries/jobs?

I thought it would affect migrations.

They do review occupation shortages and migrant quotas . I think this happens twice yearly. NZIS do this in line with the Labour Dept.

It's about supply and demand aint it, unless you have shed loads of dosh that is.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

email this afternoon from immy officer.... wants to see detailed cv for OH (our principle applicant).... questioning points claimed for work experience, wants more details.

we have a week to get it to them.... busy weekend then....

anyone else anything yet?!?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

I guess some of us were needing to provide more info... Must of missed a few points ;-)

i got an email on friday asking for CV, and my old 2003 NZQA reports. Good to hear from them though. 5 sept to reply to the officer, I've just this minute sent it.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Hey Stoof, what job do you do? I'm a designer and claiming to be on the shortage list for design/communication/web

maybe they just need to check
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

i'm community dev/housing/youth work but OH our prinicple app is web based news editor and we've claimed points in future growth area.... sounds a little similar perhaps? haven't sent our info off yet - finishing tomorrow nite and then keeping fingers crossed!

was nice to hear from them cos it felt a bit like we'd sent our lives off into a black hole, but now am sleepless worrying that they're going to take 30 work experience points off us and drop us back under that magic 100 points level!

we've been looking at flights for next month for OH to head over and secure a job offer as plan B!

good luck!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi All, Just had word this morning by email from the lovely officer that we'll be receiving our ITA in 2-3 weeks!

YES, oh YES .... SO happy!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
Hi All, Just had word this morning by email from the lovely officer that we'll be receiving our ITA in 2-3 weeks!

YES, oh YES .... SO happy!
woo hoo! excellent news! fantastic!

proper jealous now!

that was quick wasn't it, from you sending off the additional info they wanted?!

oh goodness.... will have v v sleepless night tonight wondering if we'll get the same news so quickly once OH has sent his additional info off....

ace ... dead chuffed for you!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

tar mr, very to hear from them. We can now get ready for ITA. Haveyou been to NZ before?
We're hoping to return after a 3 three year stint in 2003-06. Loved it so much it makes this ugly little island stink so much.

When the officer first emailed me I replied with thank you ad to confirm I received her mail. Then next day sent doc's as jpgs and in a pdf. Next day confirmation.

Good luck to you
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=grahamwookie;6737859]tar mr, very to hear from them. We can now get ready for ITA. Haveyou been to NZ before?
We're hoping to return after a 3 three year stint in 2003-06. Loved it so much it makes this ugly little island stink so much.

yeah, we've been a couple of times, but only for 3 months! ... OH just finishing tidying his CV up now before sending it.... fingers crossed!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

wahey!! got email off NZIS this afternoon - ITA on its way to us in 2-3 weeks

yippee

i know it's a long road still to travel, but might just have to break the 'no booze on a school night' rule for once!

phew
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

We heard! We heard!!!

After a nerve wracking week (because we had an issue with our computer and couldn't get online) I was terrified that I'd miss and e-mail from NZIS during our down time. Yesterday logged on again and was somewhat relieved to see 'Selected' still showing and not 'EOI declined'.

Anyhow, today logged on and see DECISION SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!!!!

I'm too scared to be excited -is it real!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by getmethere
We heard! We heard!!!

After a nerve wracking week (because we had an issue with our computer and couldn't get online) I was terrified that I'd miss and e-mail from NZIS during our down time. Yesterday logged on again and was somewhat relieved to see 'Selected' still showing and not 'EOI declined'.

Anyhow, today logged on and see DECISION SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!!!!

I'm too scared to be excited -is it real!!!!
yippee! welcome to the club! and so the rollercoaster ride continues!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Status = "Decision Sucessful" Werhoooooooooooo! How exciting
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flan
Status = "Decision Sucessful" Werhoooooooooooo! How exciting
Hey nice one Flan, many congratulations
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

Congrats!!!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.