Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really nice
Default Re: EOI selected,10.7.13, and related queries

And yea I understand ten points you mentioned in your comment and I appreciate your help.

But the unexpected requirements from my employer is the burden.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

the company needs to be accredited, I believe, to be able to offer you a job. this means that they have to provide certain information to the Business Migration Branch along with paperwork and fee every year.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really nice

Hello,MrsFychan, thanks for your input.

The thing is neither me and the employer knew that the company must be accredited. I am applying under SMC and my job is in the LTSSL, and my employer send back the questionnaire to the CO and phoned he to confirm my contract but what if she is not willing to be accredited employer, are they going to cancel my application ?

Thank you
Old Nov 9th 2013, 10:20 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think all companies have to be accredited or can prove that they have done all they can to employ from within the country before going off shore. Your employer SHOULD know who they can employ and the things required to do so.

I'm not sure if there are ways around this apart from proving they cannot source from onshore it will have to be decided by the CO. The thinking behind this is to stop just anyone employing anyone and getting family and friends over on work visas. Certain standards and procedures have to be adhered to.

My husband was employed by an accredited company but the CO returned his job offer 3 times to be rewritten to make it standard to the Immigration requirements

Hopefully someone will come along and comment that have more experience of these sort of things maybe able to give to clear understanding of this
Old Nov 9th 2013, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

you know i sent along with my application the job offer and a perfectly written employment contract mention all the necessary things.

But my employer is not a big company to apply for accreditation its just a single branch pharmacy. another thing is that my occupation is on the shortage list which i think means that NZ needs us. I am so puzzled about it all, and i dont know what i can do about it .

I have struggled three month to find this position and someone who is ready to take overseas employee and after the documents the CO required i am afraid that she regret it and ay refuse to send these data which is costly and confidential too.

I need help

Last edited by Sheckooo; Nov 9th 2013 at 10:33 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Mrsfychan, i hope someone intervene.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 12:01 am

I have PM'ed someone and asked for them to come take a look at the thread. Not in NZ atm so you may have to wait a while for a reply. but they are very good on the ins and outs of things
Old Nov 10th 2013, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

I will be waiting, i really appreciate your deliberation
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

So. To be clear.

You are a qualified pharmacist with a job offer here in NZ. Your future employer has provided you ( NZIS) with a written contract stating terms and conditions.

1 - Pharmacist is on the Long Term Shortage list so ANY NZ pharmacy can offer you a job . The employer does NOT need to be NZIS accredited nor do they have to prove there is no NZ citizen or resident that could take up the post. The occupation being on the NZIS Long Term Shortage list is enough to prove that.

2 - Yes. Your occupation is like a plumber or electrician in that you can only have provisional registration until you fulfill occupational NZ requirements & those can only be done in NZ.

Question - is/was your pharmacy degree and work experience from a comparable labour market? I gather it is because of your SMC points.

I am not sure why the CO has asked your prospective employer to provide further evidence of their business, unless they feel that maybe the job offer to you is not genuine in some way.

It may be that the salary is too low for the occupation in some way, so NZIS CO is thinking your position would not be permanent as the pharmacy could not maintain viability with another employee on board.

Are you replacing someone or would you be extra ?

I would suggest the employer queries the need for the extensive paperwork . Offering instead to provide copies of his/her year end accounts and balance sheets .
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Thank you BEVS for your thorough reply.

I am in the registration process, the last step before being fully registered in to undertake a year of internship in a pharmacy in NZ, so i provided offer letter include these conditions. I think its quit similar to electricians and plumbers.

secondly, my degree is not from a comparable market but it is examined by the pharmacy council of New Zealand,which qualified me to start the registration process.

Regarding the salary, its above the minimum wage and within the range of interns salaries, furthermore the contract is permanent too upon one condition which is getting fully registered.

I am not replacing any one of the employers staff but she is still need another intern she told to the CO she will take a Kiwi.

As you recommended, was what she said, to contact her lawyer to refer this to him and she was so upset...i dont think she will provide all these to the CO, the thing that i need to know is what would be the CO response in case she didnt provide these documents would my application be denied?

Million thanks

Sheckooo
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:07 pm
`

Originally Posted by Sheckooo
Thank you BEVS for your thorough reply.

I am in the registration process, the last step before being fully registered in to undertake a year of internship in a pharmacy in NZ, so i provided offer letter include these conditions. I think its quite similar to electricians and plumbers.
Yes. Very similar . They work under strict supervision until they sit an exam and take practical tests. So, your situation is not unknown to NZIS in this respect.

secondly, my degree is not from a comparable market but it is examined by the pharmacy council of New Zealand,which qualified me to start the registration process.
I thought this might be so. There was someone else , along while ago , that needed to do the one year internship. I will try and find/remember but it was years ago now.

Regarding the salary, its above the minimum wage and within the range of interns salaries, furthermore the contract is permanent too upon one condition which is getting fully registered.
Then it is a quality contract . NZIS should have more faith.

I am not replacing any one of the employers staff but she is still need another intern she told to the CO she will take a Kiwi.
She can take whomsoever she chooses. Doesn't have to be a Kiwi at all. It could be a Martian !
In fact to basically bully her to do so would be against immigration policy as Pharmacist is on the LTSSL.

As you recommended, was what she said, to contact her lawyer to refer this to him and she was so upset
She must stop being upset and start being practical & annoyed. Look at what can be realistically given and get pro-active with the NZIS CO.

She has a bona-fide pharmacy and is in need of an intern. That intern is you.

...i dont think she will provide all these to the CO,
...and she should not have to. It is intrusive. If that were me I would ask to know the reason why. Also, ask to be referred to the branch manager as the pharmacist is not happy with the way she has been treated by the CO. Casting doubt and dispersions on her (the pharmacist's) integrity.

the thing that i need to know is what would be the CO response in case she didnt provide these documents, would my application be denied?
My guess is that NZIS feel this may not be a genuine job offer. I don't know why as I am not in the CO's head.

Can you think of any reason at all, NZIS CO might doubt the viability of this offer?

Yes. The NZIS CO could decline your application . It is always a possibility with any application of any sort.

You would appeal but you do need your prospective employer to become more firm with NZIS .

A letter from her lawyer may do it and would not cost that much.

As always, this is just me giving my own personal thoughts.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:12 pm
`

Here isAN OLD THREAD ( click link) from a chap that was in the same position as you a couple of years ago.

He gained a WTR visa.

Perhaps the CO does not properly understand about internship.

I am of the opinion at the moment , that a firm lawyers letter with just a few bits of accounting info to the NZIS CO should do it. They should also ask to be referred to the CO branch manager.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi BEVS,

As I understand the CO wanted to make sure that the employer has a reliable and sustainable business, to make sure that the pharmacy wont shut down. And it is been noticed may b recently that some people purchased job offers to get residence or whatever permit. I think for these reasons they are so strict to get many evidences about the business financial status, i dont know but the offer is genuine and viable.

I have another concern please, should the CO decide within 3 month exactly or until he get what satisfies him to approve or deny the application?

I think i will tell the employer about the idea of talking to the branch manager, but the employer talked to her lawyer and he said she should send these documents to the CO and she is protected by the privacy acts, may be its new rules for job offers to overseas workers!

I really appreciate your help and consideration.

Many thanks

Sheckooo
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:14 am
`

S'OK . I know it helps to talk even if it isn't much practical or real help.

The CO will work on the application until he is or is not satisfied. If not satisfied , he should really refer that to another CO /Branch Manager to ensure he is making a right decision.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

i hope so, these things are getting harder and stricter every day. our ancestors were much luckier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.