EOI Processing Time

Old Nov 22nd 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

mart19630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool EOI Processing Time

Hi Guy's,
We had our EOI selected on the 31st October but have heard nothing else to date. Reading some of the posts we notice there appears to be different time scales in the processing. I know it does depend on the how easily they can obtain the required information to make a decision but is any one else having this sort of time scale for a decision to be made or is there just a back log.
My partner is a nurse and I am an Engineer.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Processing Time

i wouldn't worry too much. processing times vary depending firstly on where the application was lodged, and then all sorts of things that they need to pre-assess. at this stage they won't be obtaining any information. they go through your expression of interest to look to see what you've said and if, based on that, they think you meet the criteria. As you've both got professional quals to look at, maybe it takes a bit longer.

They base an invitation to apply on what you've said, because then basically its proving that you have what you say you have - if that makes sense!

You can see my timeline below
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

so you haven't recvd your ITA yet? I personally would call them and tell them you haven't got it

Expression of Interest (with job offer)
We will contact you with our first assessment within 10 working days of your EOI being drawn from the pool.
Expression of Interest (without job offer)
We will contact you with our first assessment within 20 working days of your EOI being drawn from the pool.

taken from http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

Last edited by MrsFychan; Nov 22nd 2012 at 10:16 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Thanks for the comments I will chase it up.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guy's,
Chased up the EOI and have been told it was rejected today back into the pool?
Am a bit confused tho, they deducted 10 points from my partners because in their opinion it may not meet the level 7 criteria for a nurse even tho her certificate states it is equivalent to a level 7, bachelors, and I have been deducted 10 points because I only have a level 4 and level 5 in the NZQA which is not enough in the NZQF ? I have been back through the EOI interest and it still gives us the extra 20 points for our qualifications.
I didn't realise they went on opinions when making their decisions and why does the EOI give a different result to that of the assessors. ?
Any information would be appreciated. thanks.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that.
I submitted my ITA yesterday, I'm also a nurse. I've just had a look back through the paperwork and it looks like I put my qualification down as a level 4, but I can't quite remember why...
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:27 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

when you redid your points indicator did you do it with your points or the points that the assessor said you should have. It's put back in the pool because the points submitted have been assessed as incorrect, it dosn't mean you won't get pulled again. On the assessors calculations how many points do you get?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
My partner lost 10 points on her points total, the assessor assumed she only had a level 6 in nursing not level 7 as she has. I am an engineer fully indentured with NZQA levels 4 and levels 5 certified but this is only worth 10 points now not the 20 it still gives you when you apply it to the EOI.
It has been processed against the NZQF ? why doe the EOI give one points total then they use another system (NZQF) and get a reduced one, should they not be compatible when compared ?
We have now only got 115 points total and been put back in the pool, so wont be going any where fast with this points total now.
We have tried to contact the assessor to clarify the results decision but not been able to get a response to date. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Many thanks for your comments.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Best option now is to try and get a job offer, which would obviously get you selected immediately and get you more points. Look at some of the nursing jobs advertised - think this will probably give you the best options. Good luck.

ps As Mrs F says no dont send your details to anyone!!!
Old Dec 15th 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mart19630
Hi,
My partner lost 10 points on her points total, the assessor assumed she only had a level 6 in nursing not level 7 as she has. I am an engineer fully indentured with NZQA levels 4 and levels 5 certified but this is only worth 10 points now not the 20 it still gives you when you apply it to the EOI.
It has been processed against the NZQF ? why doe the EOI give one points total then they use another system (NZQF) and get a reduced one, should they not be compatible when compared ?
We have now only got 115 points total and been put back in the pool, so wont be going any where fast with this points total now.
We have tried to contact the assessor to clarify the results decision but not been able to get a response to date. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Many thanks for your comments.
Does your partner have a job offer? And how many years experience.
I got my ITA with a Midwifery HONS degree and 5 years experience (my nursing qualification and 7 years experience didn't count as have Midwife job). I had 170 points with my job offer, can't imagine nursing and midwifery being any different.

Hope you get it sorted, but maybe your partner needs to be primary and have a job offer to bump up her points xx