EOI Form - Family question

Old Jul 8th 2005, 11:45 am

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EOI Form - Family question

Originally Posted by KERR
Hey Pinkie thats a very useful site,

Sparkle2nite we have a similar problem, OH's father scarpered when she was very young, not in contact today..

Pinkie..any of those credits still left??

what number did you phone for advice, I have many other complications that need sorting out too

Kerr
Kerr - I always just phone the NZ number off the website - there's usually someone there at 9.00 pm our time who'll answer. Link to the numbers: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...zis/contactus/
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

KERR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Kerr - I always just phone the NZ number off the website - there's usually someone there at 9.00 pm our time who'll answer. Link to the numbers: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...zis/contactus/

Thanks All, I phoned the UK number and sorted out my issues, just tidying up the form, should be ready soon.

Last piece of uncertainty is my apprenticeship, can't seem to claim points for it cos I did not do City&Guilds qualification, done ONC instead, luckily my HNC in Engineering gives me 50 points so will use that.

Kerr
Old Jul 8th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

one of the questions : "is one of the parents of this child not included in your Expression of Interest?."

So I suppose yes is the answer, but what happens then? my wife would rather stay here rather than rake up the past and cause distress...

Told you I had complications!!

When is that helpline open 9-5 NZ time?

Kerr[/QUOTE]

Oh dear - that could get complicated - if I remember rightly they do tend to follow this up with regard to have you got custody / legal right to take her out of the country etc etc
hope it works out for you
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:08 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=KERR]
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Thanks again Pinkie

I already decided to splash out the fiver and signed up last night, finally found the info we wanted, one extra hurdle over!

One other complication is our daughter, she attends a special needs school due to slow development, unsure whether this is classed as 'treatment for a developmental disorder'

and finally, our eldest daughter is not biologically mine and I have never legally adopted her, I met my wife when she (daughter) was very young and we are now married, that was 13 years ago, and changed her surname to match.

Daughter believes I am her father, real father never had contact and is not even on the birth certificate and has never met or seen her or had any interest, don't know where he is or lives etc,etc (to be blunt, it was a drunken night out, when she was in her early 20s)

one of the questions : "is one of the parents of this child not included in your Expression of Interest?."

So I suppose yes is the answer, but what happens then? my wife would rather stay here rather than rake up the past and cause distress...

Told you I had complications!!

When is that helpline open 9-5 NZ time?

Kerr
Hi Kerr

The helpline is open during UK hours not sure of the exact timings though...

Can't help you with first daughter but don't panic about the situation with your eldest one...

If the biological father is not named on the birth certificate and the child was born before a certain date (Dec 2003 I think) and he and your wife weren't married at the time nor subsequently ever married, then (as far as I am aware after extensive research and consultation with a solicitor!!) the biological father does not have automatically have parental responsibility and you therefore do not need to obtain his permission nor consult with him in order to remove your child from the country - you should do a statuatory declaration with a solicitor though stating these facts and the NZIS will be happy to accept this - I checked with one of their guys at the Emigrate show as we have the same situation here with my middle daughter....my solicitor was happy for me to type it up and she just witnessed my signature for a fiver......hth...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 8th 2005 at 4:17 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

KERR is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie]
Originally Posted by KERR

Hi Kerr

The helpline is open during UK hours not sure of the exact timings though...

Can't help you with first daughter but don't panic about the situation with your eldest one...

If the biological father is not named on the birth certificate and the child was born before a certain date (Dec 2003 I think) and he and your wife weren't married at the time nor subsequently ever married, then the biological father does not have automatically have parental responsibility and you therefore do not need to obtain his permission nor consult with him in order to remove your child from the country - you should do a statuatory declaration with a solicitor though stating these facts and the NZIS will be happy to accept this - I checked with one of their guys at the Emigrate show as we have the same situation here with my middle daughter....my solicitor was happy for me to type it up and she just witnessed my signature for a fiver......hth...
Wow Pinkie!

You certainly are clued up!

I phoned the helpline and they said a simular thing, also my other daughter seems ok too,

Slowly getting there

Kerr
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:20 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=KERR]

Wow Pinkie!

You certainly are clued up!

I phoned the helpline and they said a simular thing, also my other daughter seems ok too,

Slowly getting there

Kerr
I'm not as daft as I look you know!!!
Old Jul 8th 2005, 7:19 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pompeymike
That's the way I took it as well. They just want to know who else in your family might want to come at a later date and will be using you as a sponsor. I only put down my daughter who still lives in England but wants to go to Uni over here. This question is not worded correctly and it confuses the hell out of everybody.

Mike
Don't want any rellies following us....scary, think i'll just say me and OH are orphans......."tomorrow, tomorrow, I luv ya, tomorrow is only a day away"
all Sparkles rellies run in fear of their lives when she starts to sing.........keep on running peeps.......titter....love em really
Old Jul 8th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

If it helps, we put mine and OH's parents and our brothers and sisters only (and our kids of course - can't leave the little buggers here unfortunately!!) and I even rang to check that this was what they wanted and they confirmed it was...cost me £5.23 for the chuffing phone call though...the lengths we go to for peace of mind eh!!!
We did the same as Caroline. ie we let her spend £5.23 for the chuffing phone bill and then did what she told us!!!
Mark
Old Jul 8th 2005, 8:52 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by Markk
We did the same as Caroline. ie we let her spend £5.23 for the chuffing phone bill and then did what she told us!!!
Mark
You cheeky monkeys ....and where have you been hiding pray tell???

How did your medicals go...didya pass with flying colours...

Never did hear anything from Paladin Mark - did you???

Nice to see you anyway matey
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

You cheeky monkeys ....and where have you been hiding pray tell???

How did your medicals go...didya pass with flying colours...

Never did hear anything from Paladin Mark - did you???

Nice to see you anyway matey
Well, took voluntary redundancy last Thursday (30th June) so haven't had a chance to log on until now!
Had the meds today, think they went fine apart from the little uns trashing the surgery!! The result should come in 7-10 days and then we will be submitting..... You've got yours next week haven't you?
No, never did hear from Dave. Wonder what happpened?
Caroline, you must spend ages researching things! It seems you always have the answers!!!
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by Markk
Well, took voluntary redundancy last Thursday (30th June) so haven't had a chance to log on until now!
Had the meds today, think they went fine apart from the little uns trashing the surgery!! The result should come in 7-10 days and then we will be submitting..... You've got yours next week haven't you?
No, never did hear from Dave. Wonder what happpened?
Caroline, you must spend ages researching things! It seems you always have the answers!!!
Crikey, so you're jobless then hey - must be quite a nice feeling though....

Right, seeings as you've got a bit of spare time on your hands now, I nominate you to do the research from now on then...

I don't spend ages researching but if I come across something useful I usually manage to retain it somewhere in my grey matter - I'm a mine of useless information me you know (and sometimes useful information too!!) and I speed read too which helps me to find things a bit quicker...

Do they send the results to you by post then Mark ...I'm sure I read somewhere that some members were handed their results there and then...I'm going to be chatting our doctor up mercilessly to see if we can get ours straight away...shameless I am you know

I've often wondered what happened to Dave...he was such a nice guy too...did you send him a pm??? I wish he would just come and tell us what's happening and put us out of our misery...the suspense is killing me coz I'm such a nosey old trout...