EOI Form - Family question

Old Jul 7th 2005, 7:38 am
Just Joined

KERR is on a distinguished road
Default EOI Form - Family question

Hi

I have filled in the details about myself and my wife, also filled in details about our three children, all of whom will be applying for a visa.

Whats confusing me is section T - Other family, do I only fill this in for other family hoping to come with us? or is it to tell the immigration department who all my family are, such as parents, brothers, long lost cousins and distant aunts who I have never seen for last 30 years???

I apologise if this is a simple question but I've read the help notes and still can't work it out!

Kerr
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI Form - Family question

Originally Posted by KERR
Hi

I have filled in the details about myself and my wife, also filled in details about our three children, all of whom will be applying for a visa.

Whats confusing me is section T - Other family, do I only fill this in for other family hoping to come with us? or is it to tell the immigration department who all my family are, such as parents, brothers, long lost cousins and distant aunts who I have never seen for last 30 years???

I apologise if this is a simple question but I've read the help notes and still can't work it out!

Kerr
Hi there!
When we did it we filled in details for Mel's parents, his brother and sister, nieces and nephews, his aunt and uncle and their children (his cousins), .Mel is principle applicant. For Cathy we needed to send details of her parents, brothers and sisters only. Hope this helps!
Have sent some karma too!

Cathy
Old Jul 7th 2005, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nivlem
Hi there!
When we did it we filled in details for Mel's parents, his brother and sister, nieces and nephews, his aunt and uncle and their children (his cousins), .Mel is principle applicant. For Cathy we needed to send details of her parents, brothers and sisters only. Hope this helps!
Have sent some karma too!

Cathy
Thanks Cathy

Looks like another full day in front of a computer screen then!!

Kerr
Old Jul 7th 2005, 2:19 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps, we put mine and OH's parents and our brothers and sisters only (and our kids of course - can't leave the little buggers here unfortunately!!) and I even rang to check that this was what they wanted and they confirmed it was...cost me £5.23 for the chuffing phone call though...the lengths we go to for peace of mind eh!!!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:08 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
If it helps, we put mine and OH's parents and our brothers and sisters only (and our kids of course - can't leave the little buggers here unfortunately!!) and I even rang to check that this was what they wanted and they confirmed it was...cost me £5.23 for the chuffing phone call though...the lengths we go to for peace of mind eh!!!
OMG in mild panic now, I read it as only the people who are going to NZ!!! We were selected yesterday from the pool what should I do???
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
OMG in mild panic now, I read it as only the people who are going to NZ!!! We were selected yesterday from the pool what should I do???
don't panic...for a start!!

When you get your ITA you have a chance to amend any details submitted on your EOI - just print out a word document or something like which lists yours and OH's parents and yours and OH's brothers and sisters (and any of the other info which is required such as DOB, relationship to main applicant etc...) and then note it on the amendments sheet - you'll see what I mean when you get your pack..

don't worry though, when I rang and asked them about this they said that not including these family members is one of the most common mistakes that they see on EOI's and they don't mind you submitting the extra info at all...

Hope this helps...
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:25 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
don't panic...for a start!!

When you get your ITA you have a chance to amend any details submitted on your EOI - just print out a word document or something like which lists yours and OH's parents and yours and OH's brothers and sisters (and any of the other info which is required such as DOB, relationship to main applicant etc...) and then note it on the amendments sheet - you'll see what I mean when you get your pack..

don't worry though, when I rang and asked them about this they said that not including these family members is one of the most common mistakes that they see on EOI's and they don't mind you submitting the extra info at all...

Hope this helps...
I'm not panicking....I am calm....phew, thanks Pinkie

Panic #2 :scared: OH hasn't seen or spoken to his Dad or older brothers for at least 13 years and wouldn't have a bloomin' clue when their birthdays are! That's gonna be fun......not!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:26 pm
Don't let me get me....

Panic #2 :scared: OH hasn't seen or spoken to his Dad or older brothers for at least 13 years and wouldn't have a bloomin' clue when their birthdays are! That's gonna be fun......not!
Well, I could tell you how to find out for a small fee!! or karma....

Ah, b*ll*x, I'm feeling generous so I'll tell you anyway...this is where I found out all of my brothers and sisters and parents info - couldn't ask or mum and dad would have been on to me and the gig would have been up!!! http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/

You have to buy some 'credits' in order to search but I still have some left so if you want me to have a look for you send me the details via pm and I'll use the rest of my units for you - I don't need them anymore!! It only cost me a fiver anyway so it's not expensive...let me know if you want me to help...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 7th 2005 at 3:35 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:34 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

I thought you only had to put down people who would possibly seek to use you as a sponsor at a later date, therefore only put down our immediate family, not nieces and nephews, etc. Anyone not mentioned on this part couldn't ask you to sponsor them at a late date. Oh my gosh - forgot to put in the mother-in-law ...........
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:50 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Oh my gosh - forgot to put in the mother-in-law ...........
Accident?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 3:55 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biddy
Accident?
Wishful thinking ......
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Hey Pinkie thats a very useful site,

Sparkle2nite we have a similar problem, OH's father scarpered when she was very young, not in contact today..

Pinkie..any of those credits still left??

what number did you phone for advice, I have many other complications that need sorting out too

Kerr

Last edited by KERR; Jul 7th 2005 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 10:32 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by KERR
Hey Pinkie thats a very useful site,

Sparkle2nite we have a similar problem, OH's father scarpered when she was very young, not in contact today..

Pinkie..any of those credits still left??

what number did you phone for advice, I have many other complications that need sorting out too

Kerr
Hi Kerr

Yep I've got some credits left if you want them just send me a pm and I'll help you if I can...

The phone number is just the NZIS helpline number which is 09069 100100 but be warned it is very expensive - £1 a minute!!!
They should be wearing a ******' mask and answer the phone shouting "stand and deliver" - blummin' highway robbery...but very helpful too ....

But don't be shy about asking questions on here or by pm...we're all in the same boat and you'd be suprised at the complications we've all come across - bet you a fiver someone on here could answer any questions for you for free (other than the fiver that is...)
Old Jul 8th 2005, 7:21 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie]Hi Kerr

Yep I've got some credits left if you want them just send me a pm and I'll help you if I can...

The phone number is just the NZIS helpline number which is 09069 100100 but be warned it is very expensive - £1 a minute!!!
They should be wearing a ******' mask and answer the phone shouting "stand and deliver" - blummin' highway robbery...but very helpful too ....

But don't be shy about asking questions on here or by pm...we're all in the same boat and you'd be suprised at the complications we've all come across - bet you a fiver someone on here could answer any questions for you for free (other than the fiver that is...)[/QUOTE

Thanks again Pinkie

I already decided to splash out the fiver and signed up last night, finally found the info we wanted, one extra hurdle over!

One other complication is our daughter, she attends a special needs school due to slow development, unsure whether this is classed as 'treatment for a developmental disorder'

and finally, our eldest daughter is not biologically mine and I have never legally adopted her, I met my wife when she (daughter) was very young and we are now married, that was 13 years ago, and changed her surname to match.

Daughter believes I am her father, real father never had contact and is not even on the birth certificate and has never met or seen her or had any interest, don't know where he is or lives etc,etc (to be blunt, it was a drunken night out, when she was in her early 20s)

one of the questions : "is one of the parents of this child not included in your Expression of Interest?."

So I suppose yes is the answer, but what happens then? my wife would rather stay here rather than rake up the past and cause distress...

Told you I had complications!!

When is that helpline open 9-5 NZ time?

Kerr
Old Jul 8th 2005, 11:20 am
pompeymike

Originally Posted by bookemjano
I thought you only had to put down people who would possibly seek to use you as a sponsor at a later date, therefore only put down our immediate family, not nieces and nephews, etc. Anyone not mentioned on this part couldn't ask you to sponsor them at a late date. Oh my gosh - forgot to put in the mother-in-law ...........
That's the way I took it as well. They just want to know who else in your family might want to come at a later date and will be using you as a sponsor. I only put down my daughter who still lives in England but wants to go to Uni over here. This question is not worded correctly and it confuses the hell out of everybody.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.