Employment changes April 2016

Old May 5th 2017, 8:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Employment changes April 2016

Has anyone or the Company work for had experience of the new rules created by the Government and took affect from April 2016, grace period til Jan 2017?

Where I work had a guy in yesterday, obviously trying to drum up business, stating that the Government made 16 changes to the employment, health and safety rules in the work place last April and Companies had to Jan 2017 to implement them. Now the Government agency are visiting every Company to see if the rules have been applied and if not are fined. In one circumstance 3.5k for every employee that has not had the updates applied to their contracts.

When I asked for the Government details on this he said its out there but not highly visible as its really a revenue making project.

Anyone have any further information on this?
Old May 6th 2017, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment changes April 2016

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Has anyone or the Company work for had experience of the new rules created by the Government and took affect from April 2016, grace period til Jan 2017?

Where I work had a guy in yesterday, obviously trying to drum up business, stating that the Government made 16 changes to the employment, health and safety rules in the work place last April and Companies had to Jan 2017 to implement them. Now the Government agency are visiting every Company to see if the rules have been applied and if not are fined. In one circumstance 3.5k for every employee that has not had the updates applied to their contracts.

When I asked for the Government details on this he said its out there but not highly visible as its really a revenue making project.

Anyone have any further information on this?
Did he say which rules and which Government agency is following up?

I know that the Workplace Health and Safety rules were changed last year, there is now a requirement for businesses to actually do something other than pay lip service to Health and Safety.

Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations 2016 (LI 2016/13) Contents – New Zealand Legislation

I know about this because I volunteered to be a Health and Safety Representative and had to do an assessed course. But the company I work for seemed to be working to a 31st March deadline to ensure that all Representatives had been trained, not January, so it could be something completely different.

Last edited by Clappy; May 6th 2017 at 8:54 pm. Reason: Correct the tense of one sentence.
Old May 6th 2017, 11:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Clappy

I know that the Workplace Health and Safety rules were changed last year, there is now a requirement for businesses to actually do something other than pay lip service to Health and Safety.
This ^

H&S is now the big thing. Become & remain compliant . Ensure everyone is aware. Checks are made.
Old May 7th 2017, 2:52 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes I think that H&S was 1 of the 16 changes, but he also mentioned that every employee should have a new contract to sign each year, not amendments to, and that Immigrant contracts also have new requirements for the employer to adhere to.

Just wish I could find one place to see it all or have a chat that has gone through it
Old May 7th 2017, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

It's not my area, but I would start with the MBIE website (Homepage | Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment) for employment and immigration related stuff. Worksafe is the govt agency that looks after the H&S stuff, they're on HomePage | Worksafe.

HTH.