Which Emigration Company?

Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

dustylegs11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Emigration Company?

Originally Posted by terrytiler
Thank you for that! I am having trouble retrieving it so I'll persevere but let you know if I don't get it.
ok no problem
Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

DebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dustylegs11
Hi ya, i have sent you a pm, as i was not sure about saying who they are on the site. could be classed as advertising.
I've set you a PM as I would be interested to know which company you used. Am still deciding whether or not to use a company as there is so much information to take in!

Deb
Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

pm sent to you Debs
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:50 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, we would also be interested in knowing which agent you used, it could save us a lot of legwork and hopefully money,
Thanks
chris & Debbie
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bayst
Hiya, we would also be interested in knowing which agent you used, it could save us a lot of legwork and hopefully money,
Thanks
chris & Debbie
Feel free to drop me a line if you want at
<snipped> Please send dustylegs a PM for details.

Many don't use agents and manage very well. Agents are not cheap, we don't have money to throw away, but we feel that we have made the right choice for us and we like the contact that we have with them.

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 9th 2008 at 11:18 am. Reason: email address removed.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It is fine to mention which immigration agent you are using provided it is simply a recommendation & not a post to promote or advertise a personal site, product or service.

Per rule 9

The forums, (including the private message and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/product/service. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 18.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
Please do make sure that the agent is at least NZAMI registered and do shop around as prices vary greatly. New laws being implemented states that agents must be licensed . Please do check with NZAMI that the agent is known to them.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

awillcock22 is a jewel in the roughawillcock22 is a jewel in the roughawillcock22 is a jewel in the roughawillcock22 is a jewel in the roughawillcock22 is a jewel in the rough

Hello there. Sorry to be a pain but could you let me know too. We are undecided about what to do in relation to agencies, but with two small boys we feel it could be the safest bet.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 1:26 am
`

Originally Posted by awillcock22
Hello there. Sorry to be a pain but could you let me know too. We are undecided about what to do in relation to agencies, but with two small boys we feel it could be the safest bet.
My suggestion to you is that you post up something into Intro and then let us all know what your occupation is , your qualifications , your age .
If you want to use an agent ,fine, but at least know & understand something of the process before you pick one. It could well be that you will simply do the forms yourself because you have a straightforward application. Many, many people do it themselves without problem. The members of this site are all more than willing to help you through the process.

Please do post up more about yourself and your occupation etc. Then lets see what help can be offered to you here first before you go running off to spend a shed load of money for what can be old rope.

Having two small boys will not make the slightest bit of difference to whether or not it is a safer bet. It is all about what you can offer NZ.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Save your dosh!

As has been said numerous times do not 'waste' your money with an agent.

All that an agent normally does is request all the paperwork required, so you still have to do the legwork to get the paperwork together, the agent puts it into a nice folder in a sequential manner, something you can easily do yourself.

The agent will charge you shed loads of dosh, something you will need lots of later once in NZ.

Provided you have a reasonably logical and sequential thought pattern it really is not a problem........plus you have the added bonus of the help on this forum.........something the agent does not have.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Which Emigration Company?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
As BEVS and Niceguy have said it really is quite easy to do yourself unless there is something difficult about your application.

I have just sent off my ITA having done it myself with help from on here and the NZIS website on occasion. My advice is always to register and start an EOI online so you can see what the form involves. It doesn't cost anything and you can save it and come and go as you please. You can then see what you need to fill in and assess whether it is worth paying someone to do it for you. It is fairly easy though the odd question does throw you but it doesn't take much research to find out the answer and ask on here if you get really stuck. Have a look first and then decide I'm assuming you are going down the skilled migrant route of course!
I found it daunting at first having never dealt with an immigration service anywhere but it really is quite straightforward once you take a step back and look at what needs to be done.
Were you thinking of using an agent just for the application or for all the migration such as housing etc??
Good luck
Sue
Old Jun 5th 2009, 10:02 am
Just Joined

kenm1965 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, could you possibly tell me which company you are using too? I really want to move back to NZ (lived there years ago on a work permit). An emigration company is a larege expense, yes I agree, but this is one of the most important moves of my life (at age 44), so I don't mind paying for peace of mind to be honest. Could you PM me - I'm new and can PM yet (not enough posts).

thanks.
Ken

Originally Posted by dustylegs11
Hi all,
we are using a company, yes it costs money but i have to say that we are very busy and they have been great. they know all the ins and outs and are well upto speed. you also get ALL of your money back if they fail to get you in. they sort all of the timing out, with so much going on it just takes all of the worry away.
if you are very strapped for cash then i am sure that people on here will help you out. keep the dosh in your own pocket. we dont have money to throw away, but are very happy with our choice of emigration company
Old Jun 5th 2009, 12:53 pm
`

This thread is a year old. You may do better to start another thread letting us know something of your circumstances and if you want to become a PR or have a temp work visa.
44 is not old. I was 50.