Electrician & Nurse looking at NZ

Old Aug 21st 2017, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Dan Snelling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician & Nurse looking at NZ

Could I request a bit of help from British expatriots on here please.

Myself and my wife are looking closely at immigration to NZ. I understand for me (electrician) I need to get a job offer and then apply for a visa. So if anyone knows of someone looking to take on an apprentice from the UK could they message me? Many thanks. I've over 5 years experience with loads of qualifications.

My wife is a registered UK Nurse with experience in Intensive Care (guys and st Thomas) in London, and now works as a district nurse, completing home visits and doing a vast amount of nursing tasks from wound dressing to administering catheters. she doesn't have a degree but has a nursing diploma and 10 years of experience. Is there a way for her to get into NZ on a working visa?

Hope someone may have some answers or give some experience they've gained

thanks
Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician & Nurse looking at NZ

Originally Posted by Dan Snelling
Could I request a bit of help from British expatriots on here please.

Myself and my wife are looking closely at immigration to NZ. I understand for me (electrician) I need to get a job offer and then apply for a visa. So if anyone knows of someone looking to take on an apprentice from the UK could they message me? Many thanks. I've over 5 years experience with loads of qualifications.

My wife is a registered UK Nurse with experience in Intensive Care (guys and st Thomas) in London, and now works as a district nurse, completing home visits and doing a vast amount of nursing tasks from wound dressing to administering catheters. she doesn't have a degree but has a nursing diploma and 10 years of experience. Is there a way for her to get into NZ on a working visa?

Hope someone may have some answers or give some experience they've gained

thanks
Hi

Your Mrs can go the talent ( accredited employer) route, most if not all district health boards are accredited by immigration New Zealand to employ immigrants and I would suggest working for a DHB would suit her skills set.

First though she need to register with the New Zealand Nursing council, there is guidance on their website
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

kingacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrician & Nurse looking at NZ

Have a look on the NZ nursing website. I think they look at cases on individual basis regarding diploma rather than degree.
I used a recruitment agency who were brilliant.
Happy for you to send me a message.
I'm a RN mental health. We came to NZ 6 years ago before they changed the rules.
I would imagine your wife's skills will be well sought after.
I trained in London too at Barts.
My advice would be if all checks out start the progress as soon as you are able as the nursing registration takes time and is expensive.
The NZNC website is user friendly.
Good luck.
I definitely recommend nursing here, more resources so you can do your job and care for patients. Best decision I made for my family and career.