Do we both have to get 100 points +

Old Sep 11th 2016, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

MixieMiks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do we both have to get 100 points +

My fiance (27) is a quantity surveyor with a first class honours degree and scored very high on the visa points calculator as his occupation is on the long term skills shortage list however I am a real estate agent (24) with six years experience but no qualifications so score low on the points calculator, would we still be considered for a visa? (We live in the UK)
Old Sep 12th 2016, 2:43 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we both have to get 100 points +

no you could come off the back of your partnership application. You would need to show a committed relationship of at least 12months. joint bank accounts, joint bills, or bills coming to both of you at the same address, council tax details, social media conversations like hotmail chat ot FB chat. party/wedding invites, holiday bookings and holiday photo's etc.

Your partner may have to get his qualifications accessed (?) to be able to claim for the degree unless it was gained from a recognised establishment.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 2:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MixieMiks
My fiance (27) is a quantity surveyor with a first class honours degree and scored very high on the visa points calculator as his occupation is on the long term skills shortage list however I am a real estate agent (24) with six years experience but no qualifications so score low on the points calculator, would we still be considered for a visa? (We live in the UK)
What did he score?

As MrsF states , your partner would be principle applicant whether for a temp work visa or for residency. You would apply on the back of his application as his partner.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
no you could come off the back of your partnership application. You would need to show a committed relationship of at least 12months. joint bank accounts, joint bills, or bills coming to both of you at the same address, council tax details, social media conversations like hotmail chat ot FB chat. party/wedding invites, holiday bookings and holiday photo's etc.

Your partner may have to get his qualifications accessed (?) to be able to claim for the degree unless it was gained from a recognised establishment.
Thanks for you help. We have had a mortgage together 4 years, joint account 6/7 years, wedding invites and lots of Facebook evidence. His qualification is RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) accredited and was gained at Wolverhampton University.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
What did he score?

As MrsF states , your partner would be principle applicant whether for a temp work visa or for residency. You would apply on the back of his application as his partner.
If he gets a job offer before we come then score is 185 and thats if they just count his highest qualification. He also has an NVQ in brick laying and a diploma in construction.