Covering letter for ITA

Old Jun 10th 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering letter for ITA

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Joshlin,
Thanks for info about the interviews, makes me a little less apprehensive! Must admit, I'd rather have a personal interview any idea if that's an option?
Mark
Hi Mark
must admit - a personal interview wasn't offered and we didn't ask - i really wouldn't worry too much.
What age are your kids - I have a three year old and a baby and neither needed blood tests - I think it's only 15+ for the bloods and 11+ for the x-rays.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 1:38 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

It'll need more than a treadmill for me Caroline, any idea how to shift 2 stone in 4 weeks?!!!! I'm sure being a little over-weight won't make any difference. I'm more worried about how the kiddies will react to the blood test. When our eldest had blood taken when she was two it took about an hour to get it done (and we had to sit on her to do it!)
I'm like you really, don't want too many awkward questions in the interview. I really hate phone interviews because I hate the lack of visible feedback. Wonder if we can go to New Zealand House in person???
I'm sure Dave is just busy and he will re-appear in good time...
Oh, while we're talking about medicals, did you get form 1007 Medical and x-ray certificates in your ITA?
Mark
No Mark I've no idea how to lose 2 stone in 4 weeks - chop off a leg maybe????

It's just kids over a much older age that have to have the blood test (my 12 year old doesn't need to have it if that is a guide for you but not sure of the actual age limit)

My OH is crap on the phone and he is the main applicant!!! I think you can be interviewed in person at NZ house but not sure if you can request it - I think that they maybe think it is much easier for us to do it over the phone -who knows!!!

No, I didn't get the meds forms in the ITA - I had to print them off the site - did you get some?

Caroline
Old Jun 10th 2005, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi Mark
must admit - a personal interview wasn't offered and we didn't ask - i really wouldn't worry too much.
What age are your kids - I have a three year old and a baby and neither needed blood tests - I think it's only 15+ for the bloods and 11+ for the x-rays.
Hi Joshlin,
OK, I'll have a stiff drink beforehand though! (Even if the interview is 9am!!)
I've just checked with the clinic and you're right, no blood tests for the kiddies. I told the kids last night they would need to have an injection and they burst into tears!
Mark
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie

It's just kids over a much older age that have to have the blood test (my 12 year old doesn't need to have it if that is a guide for you but not sure of the actual age limit)

My OH is crap on the phone and he is the main applicant!!! I think you can be interviewed in person at NZ house but not sure if you can request it - I think that they maybe think it is much easier for us to do it over the phone -who knows!!!

No, I didn't get the meds forms in the ITA - I had to print them off the site - did you get some?

Caroline
Hi Caroline,
My legs are so spindly I doubt that they weigh 2 stone together!
I checked with the clinic and they confirm no blood tests for the kids. Wish I'd known that last night because I told our 5 year old and 3 year old and they both burst into tears. What a rotten father! No, we didn't get the medical forms and I've also printed them out.
It's a bit of a runaway train once you get started isn't it? It's hard to believe that we could be in New Zealand by the autumn if we keep pressing on!
Mark
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:46 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caroline,
It's a bit of a runaway train once you get started isn't it? It's hard to believe that we could be in New Zealand by the autumn if we keep pressing on!
Mark
Hey Mark

Yep it certainly is a bit of a runaway train combined with a rollercoaster of emotions!!! What a ride......

NZ by January is our goal (although at this rate I could be spending my 40th birthday on the beach in December...how great would that be...anybody up for a bbq!!!) We'd like to have one more Christmas over here but if Himself gets a job offer and they need him to start before then we'll be off like a shot....

Caroline

p.s. lucky you, wish I had spindly legs.....
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:13 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie

Caroline
Whilst we are on the subject of medicals does anyone know if my son will have to have one, he is only 7 weeks old im not sure what they can do to a newborn

K9s
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:21 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by K9s
Whilst we are on the subject of medicals does anyone know if my son will have to have one, he is only 7 weeks old im not sure what they can do to a newborn

K9s
Hi there

It says something on the medical form about completing a form for children and infants so I presume this means that your son will have to have one but I suspect he won't have to worry about his BMI!!!

I would imagine it will just be a fairly routine once over for a newborn but if you ring the panel doctor who you have chosen to do your meds I am sure they will advise you of what an infants medical will entail...hope this helps....
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K9s

K9s
Hi K9s
They will do the same kind of check over that happens at 6 week check - weight, length, listen to chest, look in ears, eyes and check hips / stomach. they will ask you lots of questions about health - more around contact with rather than experience of. Take your red book for immunisation dates (if little one has had any by time you have meds)

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:05 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hi K9s
They will do the same kind of check over that happens at 6 week check - weight, length, listen to chest, look in ears, eyes and check hips / stomach. they will ask you lots of questions about health - more around contact with rather than experience of. Take your red book for immunisation dates (if little one has had any by time you have meds)

Hope this helps.

Joshlin

Many thanks for that, fingers crossed for us all

K9s
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:15 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Covering letter for ITA

It'll need more than a treadmill for me Caroline, any idea how to shift 2 stone in 4 weeks?!!!! I'm sure being a little over-weight won't make any difference. I'm more worried about how the kiddies will react to the blood test. When our eldest had blood taken when she was two it took about an hour to get it done (and we had to sit on her to do it!)
I'm like you really, don't want too many awkward questions in the interview. I really hate phone interviews because I hate the lack of visible feedback. Wonder if we can go to New Zealand House in person???
I'm sure Dave is just busy and he will re-appear in good time...
Oh, while we're talking about medicals, did you get form 1007 Medical and x-ray certificates in your ITA?
Mark
Hi - hope this gives you reassurance on the medicals - we visited the London NZ visa office to ask questions before making the big decision and one of the many questions we asked was about our health, being not the slimmest of people (need to lose two stone each) we were concerned we'd get a knock back on the medical. The visa officer said we wouldn't, we would probably have to have a glucose test, and maybe a fitness test, but that NZIS could not and would not discriminate on weight, the decision was more about aptitude and attitude than waist size. Ideally they want your BMI to be under 30, but as long as your weight does not cause health problems, such as blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol etc we'd be fine. We went to our GPs to have the usual health screen (all free) to make sure it was all ok, and it was. Having said that, I'm still paranoid and trying desperately to start them pounds shifting!