cost of medicals

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default cost of medicals

How much did your medicals cost? We have just received out ITA pack.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:14 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of medicals

Originally Posted by nero
Can't remember precisely even though it was only August. I think it was £245 each per adult and £50 for the girl. Have heard since there are other places a huge amount cheaper - our were done in York. What I thought really took the piss was being told I had to pay another £30 for a Hep C test as I was going to work in health care. You would think they would just do it as part of the overall fee wouldn't you. X-rays were about £75 each, again in York - not cheap, eh?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Hi, we paid £58 each for x-rays, (under 12 dont have them). Medical are £220.00 per adult this includes blood test, kids are £80 no blood tests needed. You will need up to 3 passport photos for the forms and urine samples from every one. Hope this helps, we only had ours done in Sept this year. We had ours done in Newcastle.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Hi, our medicals cost £200 each and x-rays £36 each. 'cause i'm slightly overweight (the love of red wine!!!) extra blood test another forty quid. They were all done in Dover.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Ours are £270 each for medicals and £40 each for xrays in Brum.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:55 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod
ditto in Brum, but £640 for 2 adults, 2 kids inc x-rays.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Originally Posted by lardyl
ditto in Brum, but £640 for 2 adults, 2 kids inc x-rays.
There special rates for kids? Cos my missus is quite small so we could blag that one!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

There special rates for kids? Cos my missus is quite small so we could blag that one!
Just read that about myself, aahhh how sweet! Nice to be called small every now and then although I'm not too sure how accurate that is after all the cake I have had recently! Too many birthdays in work and it would be rude to say no!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Actually I think the £270 includes the xrays and that was way cheaper than quotes we had in Shrewsbury so it pays to shop around if you can!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Actually I think the £270 includes the xrays and that was way cheaper than quotes we had in Shrewsbury so it pays to shop around if you can!
Along with the medicals did you all have to fill in seperate forms for your family including 'NEED TO STUDY' forms for kids
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is in the NW England, Preston's prices are as follows (I just called them for ours!) ...

£95 medicals each adult (15yrs+)
£15 administration fee each adult (15yrs+)
£35 blood tests each adult (15yrs+)
£35 Hep C if needed each adult (15yrs+)

£50 medical each child (14yrs and under)

£60-65 X-Rays each (11yrs+)

HTH

Michelle & Carl
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

£748,for me,missus 3 kids. 2 xrays,2 blood samples, 5 questionaires and a partridge in an expensive frigging pear tree! Could of told em I was ill for f** k all!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

MiniMad is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received our ITA and phoned for cost of medical was quoted

£345 per adult
£75 per child

This is for Wrexham, Chester and the Clwyd area but will be going further afied if I can save a couple of hundred quid!

We do have a friend who is a doc but hes not on the panel - he agreed to do them for us but he cant can he?

Cheers
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:44 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Being quoted in Northampton

£240 per adult, £110 per child!!!! for medicals and £175 for x rays for me, OH and eldest daughter (12)

Total of £985 !!!!

Think we might go for a drive up the M6 for ours!!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

miss_ck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We've just had our medicals in Nottingham and the price was £297 for each of us for the chest x-rays, the tests, etc. all in. The results took just over 2 weeks. Not sure of other areas, but in Nottingham there is only one surgery that is approved by the NZ panel for medicals.

Now it's just wait, wait, wait.
Thanks
miss_ck