Skills assessment

Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:42 am
Banned

rsbhj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills assessment

Hey

New to the NZ forums. I have a few questions hoping someone can help me with.

I have a valid Australian TRA skills assessment in Telecommunication Technician, however that has now been removed form the Australian skills list.

I notice that it is now on the NZ Immediate Skill Shortage List and I am wonder if my TRA skills assessment can be transferred or if a new one has to be submitted to NZQA (NZQF)

I meet the min 100 points requirement for NZ to lodge an EOI but just looking for info on the assessment part .

Thanks

Last edited by rsbhj; Sep 19th 2017 at 10:54 am.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills assessment

Originally Posted by jhbsr
Hey

I have a valid Australian TRA skills assessment in Telecommunication Technician, however that has now been removed form the Australian skills list.

I notice that it is now on the NZ Immediate Skill Shortage List and I am wonder if my TRA skills assessment can be transferred or if a new one has to be submitted to NZQA (NZQF)

I meet the min 100 points requirement for NZ to lodge an EOI but just looking for info on the assessment part .

Thanks
Hi

Sorry can't hop you with them assesment, but please note no EOI are currently being picked out of the pool unless they have 160 points
Old Sep 19th 2017, 1:40 pm
Banned

rsbhj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hi

Sorry can't hop you with them assesment, but please note no EOI are currently being picked out of the pool unless they have 160 points
Hi

Thanks just noticed that while looking, think im going to be short by 30
Old Sep 20th 2017, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jhbsr
Hey

Thanks
Skills/Experience isn't assessed by a separate entity in NZ. It is carried out by Immigration assuming you get to that part of the visa application process. You make the declaration on the EOI and if the EOI is selected and you are invited to apply you must provide the evidence that supports your claim and then Immigration will assess whether or not your evidence is sufficient.
NZQA only assess qualifications.

Minimum EOI selection points have been 160 since 12th October 2016 and don't look likely to change although who knows what'll happen after the general election.
No point submitting EOI if you haven't got 160 points or more. Waste of time and money as it'll never be selected.