Chest X-Ray required???

Old Jan 4th 2017, 2:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chest X-Ray required???

Originally Posted by Samsalter
Guys,
I am sitting waiting for my medical.
I have been told that immigration nz has asked for all tests available. (Apparently)
So HIV, tb, the lot.

I have just paid £500 for a medical, when I was expecting £250 :-(

Is this right?
Didn't you ring and get a quote from them first?
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Esme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really niceEsme61 is just really nice

Guys,
I am sitting waiting for my medical.
I have been told that immigration nz has asked for all tests available. (Apparently)
So HIV, tb, the lot.

I have just paid £500 for a medical, when I was expecting £250 :-(

Is this right?
We had our full medicals sept 15 in Manchester and we had X-rays done too - cost us £310 each. applied on the Parent Catagory.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Samsalter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Didn't you ring and get a quote from them first?
I had received a price list, not a quote.
Using the price list and the requirements on the INZ website, I came to the total price of £600 for me and my family.
That is for a medical & X-ray, HIV & TB test is only required for high risk areas.

When I got to the medical centre, they said that INZ had asked for the full suite of tests and apparently they have been asking for this for the last couple of months. Therefore making my cost £1100

I did question this a few times, as I have no proof that this was requested by INZ, as far as I am aware, the medical centre could have made this up.
but the doctor ensured me that this was my requirement, so I paid up.

Old Jan 6th 2017, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

I am getting mines done in Glasgow. £400 for the whole thing. I plan on using the results for my employer medical.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Mine will be getting done next week now, in good old Auckland
Old Jan 9th 2017, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Samsalter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shirrom
I am getting mines done in Glasgow. £400 for the whole thing. I plan on using the results for my employer medical.
£400 for one person?
mine was £500 per person, £100 for child
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is that with the HIV and TB or don't you need those?
Old Jan 9th 2017, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

I'm assuming it's for everything. She said its the for the full medical including chest x-ray.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Well i've got my full medical in the morning in Auckland, sucks to no be able to have a beer on holiday though haha!
Old Jan 19th 2017, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

How are you enjoying Auckland?
Old Jan 20th 2017, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

How are you enjoying Auckland?
It's not my first time here, i was here in Dec 15 too. I love Auckland, but i prefer it on the Hibiscus coast, fantastic scenery. Puts me in a dilemma when i move over here though, that's for a different thread.

I had my medical this morning. (For anyone else looking at getting it done, i found Symonds street was the cheapest complete package at $270, that included chest xray / bloods / urine / measurements and doctor).

I don't know how i got on yet, it takes 2/3 days for the results, however, my blood pressure was a little high, don't know why as it's not normally, maybe it's the stress of the results of this test lol, or the fact i've indulged a little whilst i've been here, i am on holiday after all, i did however, lay off alcohol for a couple of days prior to the exam.
Anyway, my blood was 147/91 - which equates to hypertension stage 1? I don't know if that will affect my results. I do otherwise feel very fit, am very active and go for long walks every day. My chest x-ray i believe was clear, my bloods and urine have been referred.

All i can do i guess is wait and see.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 4:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

When I got to the medical centre, they said that INZ had asked for the full suite of tests and apparently they have been asking for this for the last couple of months. Therefore making my cost £1100
I don't understand this. As far as I can see nothing has altered with regard to the medical & tests. The guide for both individual and physicians appears to be unchanged. The required standard of health is also unchanged.

As INZ would not have known which panel doctor you had selected , I can't see how or why they would contact direct . They would wait for the results f of the medicals first and then contact you if needs be.

I don't know if this will open but here is the guide for panel doctors and physicians. INZ1216.

The only thing that I know changed was the introduction of the e-medical back last May. That is at no cost to the panel GPs though

HIV & TB is only tested if from a high risk country