Hi there.

Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Smiffy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi there.

Hi there & good evening

We live in the UK and we've had our eye(s) on New Zealand for a while now.

Reasons? Better weather (warmer, but not too warm!), a far better outdoor lifestyle, a great standard of living, English speaking and so on.�
�
My wife and I (mid 40s with no children) own a small financial services business. I doubt if the UK qualifications would carry over to New Zealand, but that's all we have. We have experience of running a small business for a very long time though.
�
Our situation would be that we would be in a liquid position of around 1.5 million NZ dollars. Some of this would use to buy a modest house in NZ and the rest would be invested to provide an annual investment income which would be plenty for us to live off (+ UK state Pension entitlements from age 66) So in the fortunate position of being largely self supporting and not a drain on any of NZ's public services.
�
Visa - wise, we seem to be caught in the middle between the young people's group looking for exciting job opportunities and people who want to retire altogether.

After knocking our pan in for many years, I think we'd like part time work.... or maybe to invest in an existing small NZ business (if that's possible)? Or possibly a franchise opportunity?

We're not really interested in starting anything up from scratch again.

The NZ government agency websites have been very helpful in providing up to date factual links & updates, but now I'm after the ideas of folks who are actually out there!
�
Many, many thanks!
Old Jun 7th 2017, 7:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi there.

Hi

Having a look at the investment visa's you would need to invest a minimum of 3million over 4 years
https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/mo.../investor-visa

The entreperneurs visa requires 100,000k excluding working capital, and is a temp visa to establish and work full time in a business
https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/mo...repreneur-visa
Old Jun 8th 2017, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Smiffy99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi there.

Hi

Thanks for that - it's pretty much what I had read. I don't really fancy starting another business, so I better keep on saving!

Regards etc