Changes to Parents residence Visa

Old Dec 22nd 2016, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

ICIS2378 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changes to Parents residence Visa

HI,

I like a number of unfortunates was waiting patiently to be pulled out of the draw for the parents residence visa hopefully in Feb or May 2017. However as we know the NZ Govt have suspended the process from Oct. On the NZ immigration website it indicated that all those with EOI's in the system would receive a letter indicating how it would affect them.

Has anybody received such a letter or heard when the review of the Parents Residence Visa would be completed and made available?
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Anniebig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to Parents residence Visa

Hi, we received a letter but that was only because we had been pulled out in the August draw. We had our application back to them within three weeks. We later received a letter explaining that our application is on hold until July 17. I think from my calculations they will be in touch with us round about October November time hopefully!
From the immigration website I think they will be resuming the draws in 2018, however I feel they will probably tighten up on settlement funds.
At least you will be at the top of the queue when they reopen it. It took long enough to get there anyway but with the reduced numbers now it really will take forever!
Old Jan 24th 2017, 8:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Changes to Parents residence Visa

Thanks for that update Anniebig.

Here in New Zealand Christmas and New Year is the long summer holiday when everything slows down to a virtual stop . Same for NZ immigration. Many of the staff will have been or still are on the long holiday with their families.

Yes. From what I have read , those not yet pulled from the pool with simply remain in the pool until the category is re-opened.

Those already in the system as they had been pulled from the pool were or will be emailed to let them know the process has been stopped but will restart.